• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Game release quality?

Today was my first opportunity to play the demo since I found out it was on XBOX LIVE and I was just wondering about the quality of the actual release version, since the demo is absolutely terrible.

From what I have seen, HB have only up'd the graphics, albeit it some of the player models are rubbish.. The rest of the game feels like a massive step backwards, I dont think I'll be getting this unless I find out that the actual game is miles better than that what was released!

for people saying its just like 08, please play rwc2011 then go play 08. you will notice the differences and when you come back to rwc2011 you will know exactly what im talking a bout. just a suggestion

I was beating South Africa as Ireland and was 24-0 up and the connection was lost which obviously means they quit!

We have enough of these bloody threads already.

I don't care if you're disappointed. You knew what it was going to be like since the demo - Don't buy it or don't complain.

Any chance this could be a Rugby forum again rather than a load of people moaning about the RWC game?

Well this is the RWC 2011 game section funnily enough

The guy's name was actually Pierre. Funny you should mention that. I finally managed to finish a game! I was up against Ireland, having been disconnected in two previous encounters, one V NZ and the other V England.

Just lost 11 - 10 to Duckdee
Missed a conversion in overtime to win the bloomin' thing :(
Morgan Parra is a crap kicker :lol:
Wait, what? I thought that-try-that-shouldn't-have-happened-because-my-punt-to-end-the-game-took-itself won it for you?

(Uploading the match, will review then.)

You know what guys... this game isnt half as bad as some are making it out to be... Got online at about 6pm this evening, and havent been able to put my controller down since! Granted, my first online experience was crap, but that was more down to the other guys connection. If you can make sure you have all green bars before starting, online gameplay is awesome!!! Much better responsiveness than fifa 11 hehe.

Kudos to you there HB.

There has been too much hate towards this game recently, yes, it has shortcomings, but it is still very much fun, and I'm glad I bought it.

Plenty to work on for next years release, but also alot of good things that have come out of this release to... ie ruck system, better ai, better kicking etc...

Well, if any of you guys want a game, please add TAFFYIX(on ps3).

I'm uk based, and am a South African hehe.

Well done HB and 505 for this release, certainly a decent effort.

Wait, what? I thought that-try-that-shouldn't-have-happened-because-my-punt-to-end-the-game-took-itself won it for you?

(Uploading the match, will review then.)
Nope, my conversion went just to the right of the right post (which is where my other conversion and my penalty attempt all went as well)

In the WC mode I was knocking kicks over from my own half, as soon as I take it online then all of my penalties, dropgoals and conversions go to pots :lol:
Obviously can't handle the pressure :p

Anybody fancy a game? :) Gamertag is Thingimubob if anyone up for one!
Oh yeah, Duckdee, is that your win-loss rating in your signature?

someone just completely mushed me as wales v tonga - really irritated me for some reason that they didn't play it as rugby (i.e. run every penalty, never kick under pressure etc) - I know that it's up to the individual how you play rugby but to take a penalty on your own 5m line in the first two minutes, wang it wide and sprint under the posts (before repeating several times) got dull for me!

ps if anyone wants a morale boosting win, my xbox live gamer tag is manspider84

Last edited:
someone just completely mushed me as wales v tonga - really irritated me for some reason that they didn't play it as rugby (i.e. run every penalty, never kick under pressure etc) - I know that it's up to the individual how you play rugby but to take a penalty on your own 5m line in the first two minutes, wang it wide and sprint under the posts (before repeating several times) got dull for me!

ps if anyone wants a morale boosting win, my xbox live gamer tag is manspider84

Welcome to the world of online sports gaming, where cheesing isn't a hobby it's a art.

Sure all you have to do is watch GayGuys videos on his competitive rugby08 videos to see how people will go to very different lengths to win a game and the result is you get some sort of ******* version of it.

Played online, very laggy, but a good game against an English team, good game, 27-5 to me but he stuck in there for the whole game. On the subject of the lag, my ps3 gets a FAR slower connection on my broadband than laptop/iPad/phone etc. Anyone know a fix? PS feel free to ad me G-Leprechaun

Oh yeah, Duckdee, is that your win-loss rating in your signature?
Yes. I've now corrected it.

(Going to bed, this isn't fully processed yet.)
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0OVMwpbmIc?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My first quitter - Went 7 - 0 up against England as Wales and the guy quit at kickoff

Latest posts