• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Got my copy two days ago!! It feels like ill rather play 08!! its so disappointing!!!!

THey took Rugby 08 and just put new stadia and player names> Nothing else changed!!!

I love the Rugby 08 but ja, guess we just gonna have to be happy with this

Try online Scotsman... its not perfect, but is definately a better challenge when the opposition is not AI - keeps you on your toes if the other player try's to mix if up a little.

Online is definately much improved today, with lag during gameplay not occurring for me at all so far.

I have noticed however that button presses can be delayed/unresponsive despite no slowdown in gameplay occurring. I've not been able to perform a quick steal or quick pickup once yet before a ruck has formed despite pressing X when the onscreen prompt is there. I've seen the same with offloads too, delayed response to my press.

anyone wants a game, add me up, gamertag in my sig below...

I like to play a good bit of the forward game however, so be warned - I've had a couple of people ranting at me already for going down the blindside or sniping with my scrumhalf more then they'd like me too and then quitting early in the 1st half after going 3 tries down... some people just want me to us my backs :(

I've experienced a fair bit of lag in each of the games I've managed to get connected to... 5 games in total, played 2 (one loss as Italy v England, one win Ire v Eng) and the other 3 my opponent quit very early.

I can't say its been the most enjoyable online experience but am willing to persevere.

I could do with some friends though that will actually play this game... so add me if you want (xbox360: Ezeqiel)

I'll add you now if you fancy a game at some point! :)

Yea thanks guys - did try online. Its fun except the lag makes it unplayable at worst, and frustrating at best because it is so unresponsive.

Just lost 11 - 10 to Duckdee
Missed a conversion in overtime to win the bloomin' thing :(
Morgan Parra is a crap kicker :lol:

Got my rental copy waiting for me at home. 3 nights for €5 with the weekend off work. Thats good value for this game i think :D

RWC 2011 Ps3 Online Gameplay

Dissapointing. Takes 10 minutes to find a single opponent then is extreme lagging the whole match. Fix it please..

Experiencing the same. Got kicked twice now and the lag is horrendous. In games like this lag is always gonna play a big part but in this it's horrific.

So, so happy I rented this!

It's not a terrible game, if you liked Rugby 08 you'll like this (considering how much is the same) but holy **** there's not much to do! I've won the World Cup with Wales and finished 3 of the 6 tours and should finish that by tonight. After that there's not much else to do. Glad I didn't play £35 for it!

We have enough of these bloody threads already.

I don't care if you're disappointed. You knew what it was going to be like since the demo - Don't buy it or don't complain.

Any chance this could be a Rugby forum again rather than a load of people moaning about the RWC game?

Nah, medium. Got it for 5 days I'll complete it on hard tomorrow probably. Is Hard actually difficult or is it like Elite on Rugby 08?

Last edited:

Latest posts