• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Perfect Mix

B

Badboy

Hi guys, i was talkin to my brother some day ago and we tried to find out the best of every single game of rugby to come up with the perfect one, now i'll make my list let me know your opinions.Not max of 10 points ok?
cheers!
1)jumpin button (jlr)
2)quick throw (jlr)
3)Line outs ( r2k4)
4)Licences (r2k4)
5)Easy gameplay(WCR)
6)TV camera (WCR)
7)Stadiums (r2k4)
8)chance to perform the "aussie rule" (jlr) Like cueto scored in eng- saf
9)Sin bin - injuries and red cards (r2k4)
10)My personal great dream the haka performance and the referee speakin durin the game ...especially the famous "crouch and hold :ENGAGE!!
THIS IS RUGBY!
<

seems f***en simple to do doesnt it, maybe they actually need rugby players telling em how to make the game.

Mate, i'm pretty sure i could tell them how to make a better game.

BadBoy - Stadiums from 2004, but not the way they looked! shocking...

hopefully they'll look more like fifa for 2005

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 26 2004, 09:43 AM
hopefully they'll look more like fifa for 2005
Yeah, if they had 30+ stadiums with Fifa 2005 graphics we'd have to be pretty happy with that at least. Just wondering, do the crowds increase/decrease in size in Fifa 2005?

Originally posted by Badboy@Nov 26 2004, 08:03 AM
3)Line outs ( r2k4)
Personally I thought JLR's lineouts were the best. Full, quick, or short, as well as moving players and lifting. Not to mention the dummy target. Absolutely fantastic!!! They could have added I suppose some lineout plays like 2004 but those plays weren't extremely effective.

Rugby 2004 has a good base to build on for lineouts. More plays, and quick lineouts and it would just about be right.

Set plays - Rugby2k4

As much as the game sucked, i loved the set plays, and how dude would criss cross and overlap, to catch the defense out.

Was one of the best aspects of the game, along with lineouts

Ref talking yes - Half the experience of NRL, is the ref saying "come over i wanna chat"

those little touches add to a great experience
Anthems - teams lining up standing towards the sadium like in PES, but have the rela anthem.
Haka yes
and when they are prancing 'kamate'
u get the option of Harrison mode - where u take control of harrison and can pull facials and walk up to the haka!!!!!!!!!!!!
interactive crowds - ie they stand up when a break is on, and stand up when u score, and cheer louder
PES experience is divine on replay when u see the crowd all stand up when u make a break and enter the box!!!!

all gud points ak47 i loved the set plays too but the problem was they never worked against ya mates, they gotta sort that out 4 sho'

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 26 2004, 01:35 PM
interactive crowds - ie they stand up when a break is on, and stand up when u score, and cheer louder
PES experience is divine on replay when u see the crowd all stand up when u make a break and enter the box!!!!
Fantastic idea!!!!!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Nov 26 2004, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 26 2004, 02:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 26 2004, 01:35 PM
Fantastic idea!!!!! [/b]
its really stupid on fifa the crowd doesnt get exited untill u actually make the shot or the ball gets taken off u and there like ohhhhh

i think all the rugby games were messed up with certain rules in jonah u can call the mark but knock the ball on and get away with it in wcr u cant call the mark or touch the ball in goal for a 20metre restart....get the rules rite people...also whats with the super forward passes might as well be gridiron sometimes...

jumps should be included...more penalties so you can actually use jonny wilkenson for all hes good for...kicking...also would add strategy to the gameplay other than continuously heading upfield without grabbing a dam point

accurate stats....none of this fatigue rubbish...jlr had it good when players only fatigue when they do heaps of werk...like when id use wilson and gas everyone in the first only to hav him being slow and useless in the last two minutes

jonahs gameplay....wcr visuals....rugby04z presentation,game modes and licenses
that will do me
<

How's this for random:

In Rugby 2001 (yes, 2001), there was a certain camera angle, one of the side ones (don't remember if there was more than one -- if anything, the closer of the side angles).

Anyway, on that camera angle, and running up the far touchline -- that looked fantastic.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

There was a certain, for lack of a better word, coolness in the way it looked. It seemed very immediate. Even on short breaks before the fullback would come in, there was just this commotion and it seemed live.

I was really happy for about 5 - 10 seconds on those bursts.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 3 2004, 01:00 PM
How's this for random:

In Rugby 2001 (yes, 2001), there was a certain camera angle, one of the side ones (don't remember if there was more than one -- if anything, the closer of the side angles).

Anyway, on that camera angle, and running up the far touchline -- that looked fantastic.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

There was a certain, for lack of a better word, coolness in the way it looked. It seemed very immediate. Even on short breaks before the fullback would come in, there was just this commotion and it seemed live.

I was really happy for about 5 - 10 seconds on those bursts.
yes captain

rugby 2001 had the best line breaks ever

it just seemed beautiful and authentic when breaking the line, with the FB in ur sights.

Ben Tune was a gun at making these breaks!!!

loved it!

Hopefully Rugby 2005 has the fifa 2005 camera angles, as they can be adjusted - height and zoom for each one. They would have to make a good behind cam although end to end is pretty good.

Rugby 2004 had good scrums but they were a bit tame, and lame. Also i didnt like the fact your couldnt pass either side from the scrum base, you had to do the set move.

I didn't really like the set plays in rugby 2004, they were far too slow and totally automatic.

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 26 2004, 01:35 PM
Yes! What I really hated in Rugby 2004 were the crowds! Not just how bad they looked but the fact they booed at the wrong time, cheered for the wrong team and went quiet when either a line break or try occured. The crowds should sing along to the anthems at the start (yes, I want anthems), boo certain referee decisions, get behind the home team and sing! (Think swing low sweet chariot, waltzing matilda and whatever the hell the Welsh do). I want the crowds to react at what is happening during the game. If their team is getting rolled by the Blacks they should be quiet. If their team is 5m from the try line and are going forward with a massive rollling mall I want them to be loud! Also, the stadiums. I love stadiums and I love playing at home at Ballymore and away at places such as Cardiff and Twickers. I want them to do a better job on them this time round. I don't want everyone in gold at Suncorp Stadium when the Reds and Tahs are playing. They need to cut the number (who has actually played at Wooloongong or Tasmania..) and spend more time on creating that certain atmoshere. I'm glad to hear they've got certain teams working on certain criteria this time round, such as stadiums.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 6 2004, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 6 2004, 07:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 26 2004, 01:35 PM
Yes! What I really hated in Rugby 2004 were the crowds! Not just how bad they looked but the fact they booed at the wrong time, cheered for the wrong team and went quiet when either a line break or try occured. The crowds should sing along to the anthems at the start (yes, I want anthems), boo certain referee decisions, get behind the home team and sing! (Think swing low sweet chariot, waltzing matilda and whatever the hell the Welsh do). I want the crowds to react at what is happening during the game. If their team is getting rolled by the Blacks they should be quiet. If their team is 5m from the try line and are going forward with a massive rollling mall I want them to be loud! Also, the stadiums. I love stadiums and I love playing at home at Ballymore and away at places such as Cardiff and Twickers. I want them to do a better job on them this time round. I don't want everyone in gold at Suncorp Stadium when the Reds and Tahs are playing. They need to cut the number (who has actually played at Wooloongong or Tasmania..) and spend more time on creating that certain atmoshere. I'm glad to hear they've got certain teams working on certain criteria this time round, such as stadiums. [/b]
Not to mention the fact that each crowd member looked 4x bigger than any human does in a normal crowd! I'm pretty sure they won't incluce more than 4 or 5 Aussie stadiums, as the 14 or so in 2004 were mainly because of the World Cup. They also need dynamic crowd attendances, like SJRL, but no doubt they'll go like fifa and have a packed house at every game, not ONE seat spare... although fifa 2004 had this i haven't seen it so far in 2005. Hopefully they make the stadiums real accurate with high quality textures unlike '04.

I'd like still like to see Ballymore, Suncorp Stadium, Telstra Stadium, Aussie Stadium, Telstra Dome, Subiaco Stadium and Bruce Stadium as they all play a pretty big party in Australian rugby (Super 12 and tests). You're right about the dynamic crowds, the Cats v the Chiefs is hardly going to be a 60k sell out. I'd be happy with crowds similar to that of Fifa 2005 (I've only played the demo), they were defiantely effective.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 6 2004, 09:26 PM
I'd like still like to see Ballymore, Suncorp Stadium, Telstra Stadium, Aussie Stadium, Telstra Dome, Subiaco Stadium and Bruce Stadium as they all play a pretty big party in Australian rugby (Super 12 and tests). You're right about the dynamic crowds, the Cats v the Chiefs is hardly going to be a 60k sell out. I'd be happy with crowds similar to that of Fifa 2005 (I've only played the demo), they were defiantely effective.
With all due respect I think the Chiefs could get as good a crowd as the reds, they did finish 4th so i don't think they need to be paired with the WINLESS Cats, lol.

Is Ballymore still Queenslands home? - Can't see Subiaco being included, or Melbourne for that matter. I think it will be

-Telstra
-Ballymore
-Bruce
-Aussie

and maybe one more... depends if they inlcude the Zurich premiership - which would mean 12 English Stadia *sigh*, their crap stadiums!

Latest posts