• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The power of christ compels you

E

..::ERIC::..

Not aimed at offending anybody who is christian, but do you think watching Shine for 24hrs straight will convert me into a christian? I am planning this science experement soon, any predictions?

(For non-NZ people, Shine is a christian run televesion station).

Having had 0 experience in this, I say go for it.

Have the radio going in the background just in case.

Oh yeah, and its called 'television',not 'televesion'.

that is all.
<

Perhaps they should make a spelling television station, that or I could tape and watch espn spelling bee re-runs for 24hrs.

So the experiement is will watching shine for 24hrs straight turn you into a christian?

If you try not to laugh - you could give it a shot
<

What about, will 24 hours of rugby turn me into christian... cullen?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 19 2005, 06:27 PM
Another excellent umosay joke.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 19 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 19 2005, 06:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Jan 19 2005, 06:27 PM
Another excellent umosay joke. [/b]
Your pretty dry bro, got something against me?

<

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 19 2005, 07:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 19 2005, 07:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 19 2005, 06:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay

<
[/b]
Sorry if I offended you.

Maybe if you go for a bit longer Eric, and get sleep deprived it might work.

I'm sure someone at Sky has a practical joke of putting the Shine listings on to other channels on the Sky Digital Guide. It's happened to me several times, I've been flicking through TV2 for example, and wondering what the hell this **** is, and then realising it's Shine's listings.

Well if you take care of keeping some bottles of Jesus blood near you I think this experience should be standable.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 19 2005, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 19 2005, 08:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 19 2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 19 2005, 06:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay

<
Sorry if I offended you. [/b]
Ok, all good
<

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 19 2005, 08:17 PM

I'm sure someone at Sky has a practical joke of putting the Shine listings on to other channels on the Sky Digital Guide. It's happened to me several times, I've been flicking through TV2 for example, and wondering what the hell this **** is, and then realising it's Shine's listings.
That happens to me all the friggen time. I'll be scrolling through Sky Sport, and it will say "The 700 club". I think, what the f***? Is this a club of batsmen who score 700+ runs in a test match or somthing? Then, whoa, its shine.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Jan 19 2005, 08:23 PM
Well if you take care of keeping some bottles of Jesus blood near you I think this experience should be standable.
Maybe I will just have water. Then, when I become Christian I can turn water to wine, and I shall then drink the blood of christ.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Jan 19 2005, 08:02 PM
You don't need to be Christian to appreciate the blood of Christ...
True! Look at us aussies! We love and produce fine quality blood of christ, but spend most of our time drinking ****
<

Anyway, I'd suggest a bottle of christs blood, say aged 10 years, and perhaps some heavinly mushrooms if you don't want to die of bordom before you get through the 24 hours...
<

<

Your mocking could cause the greatest regret you will ever face.

As far as your experiment goes, listening to Gods word alone doesn't garentee conversion, if you have decided beforehand on an attitude of not listening, where will it take you? If you make a point of finding out the meaning of life, and you find it out, I will garentee you that it will lead you to be converted. You have to take it seriously, your lifes meanings is what matters, you aren't a headless chicken, are you? Work on whats most important in life, it makes sense...

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jan 19 2005, 05:06 PM
Not aimed at offending anybody who is christian, but do you think watching Shine for 24hrs straight will convert me into a christian?
No.

Well, maybe.

No.

As I am a Christian, even better, a Catholic -- Woot! Woot! -- there is definitely entertainment value in watching these programs. The 'message' of god, g*d, allah, yahweh, buddha, etc, etc, etc is always good, it's just sometimes people take things a little too literal. As you will see.

Unless you are in big need of salvation.

Then it's possible you might be converted and start your own program.

But I'll tell you this:

I ain't following no messiah called ..::ERIC::.., that's for damn sure.

Not aimed at offending anybody who is christian, but do you think watching Shine for 24hrs straight will convert me into a christian? I am planning this science experement soon, any predictions?

For my two bits worth I think if you watch that style of programme for 24 hours straight you will actually be LESS likely to become a Christian, then when you first started.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 19 2005, 07:17 PM

Anyone seen that Music Program they have on it? I was watching Sky Movies and decided to see what was on History, and the Shine Listings came up instead so I pressed the + button and it came up with something about some Music Show which had everything from ''Chirstan Rock to Christan Rap''

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Leader...

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 19 2005, 11:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 19 2005, 11:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DonBilly
@Jan 19 2005, 08:02 PM
You don't need to be Christian to appreciate the blood of Christ...
True! Look at us aussies! We love and produce fine quality blood of christ, but spend most of our time drinking ****
<

Anyway, I'd suggest a bottle of christs blood, say aged 10 years, and perhaps some heavinly mushrooms if you don't want to die of bordom before you get through the 24 hours...
<
[/b]
well but nobody can beat our christ blood
<

Latest posts