• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result for Man City, back on track with a 2-0 win over Everton.

Danny Mills lashed in a 25 yard screamer past Martyn, before Vassell put the result beyond doubt late on.

Hopefully this will get City back on the road in their push for a European place.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 2 2005, 09:12 PM
dont write of united yet - thats just foolish
United have the best attacking line-up in the Premiership, but the rest of their team is a shambles at the moment, especially the defense. Rio Ferdinand looks dozy most of the time, and with both Neville and Heinze out injured they aren't looking in great shape.

The only way Chelsea won't win it is if they get like 12 points deducted for tapping some another player, have half their team injured and get another 9 points deducted for going into administration.

But they would only be likely to get a 9 point deduction for tapping, so unlucky Premiership
<

Well, a 4-1 home loss to Chelsea later and I've still not removed my hands from my hips, trying to comprehend how we've lost a game which we dictated the pace of for an hour....

Chelsea WILL be Champions. Whoever said that English teams would walk La Liga are WRONG. La Liga is the best league on the planet, the quality is higher, the standard is higher.

i really doubt it - the champions league will be won by a british club again this year.

Chelsea.

By the way - if any of you ever go to Wigan, be careful. Mrs SHRLFC got punched in the stomach by one of their yobs yesterday.

Shame about the 4-1, was rooting for Liverpool. I really want Chelsea to get beaten soon, but it keeps looking less and less likely.

I wouldn't say La Liga is that much better than the Premiership, or Serie A for that matter. Theres plenty of people who believe Serie A is of the highest quality, but I don't admire the over-diving that litters most of the games, or al least the ones I've witnessed.

Serie A has even more of a monopoly on the top than the Premiership does....

La Liga is far better than Serie A, and better than the Premier League.

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Oct 4 2005, 12:28 AM
Shame about the 4-1, was rooting for Liverpool. I really want Chelsea to get beaten soon, but it keeps looking less and less likely.

I wouldn't say La Liga is that much better than the Premiership, or Serie A for that matter. Theres plenty of people who believe Serie A is of the highest quality, but I don't admire the over-diving that litters most of the games, or al least the ones I've witnessed.
Yeah cause players don't dive and cheat in the premiership, Pires, Duff, Robben, Ljungberg, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, it never crosses these players minds to throw themselves to the ground for an easy free or a penalty claim.
<

and then you have Wayne Rooney who's just a complete knacker.

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Oct 4 2005, 08:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 4 2005, 08:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hypnotised
@Oct 4 2005, 12:28 AM

Yeah cause players don't dive and cheat in the premiership, Pires, Duff, Robben, Ljungberg, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, it never crosses these players minds to throw themselves to the ground for an easy free or a penalty claim.
<
[/b]
Well I didnt specifically say there weren't divers in the Premiership did I, because that would have been silly, there are plenty. I just think there is less diving in the Premiership than the Serie A, but my viewing of Serie A is limited, La Liga is on more often and better to watch IMO.

Finally someone has stopped Chelsea from winning, but it had to be F***ING EVERTON!!!! We aint gonna hear the end of the team that has spent 4 nites in Europe....

well done everton but lets be realistic chelsea are amazing and should win the league

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 23 2005, 11:39 PM
well done everton but lets be realistic chelsea are amazing and should win the league
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
theyll win the league this year.[/b]
Loratadine in relation to Man Utd.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
dont write off united yet - thats just foolish[/b]
And again.

<

I'm not a fan off Chelski dominating the game through their owners bottomless pockets, but unfortunately it can't be changed, and other teams have to deal with it.

Was also horrified to see Man City robbed of a point against Arsenal. Vassell was clearly onside, and let's hope that point doesn't cost us at the end of the season. Also thought justice was done with Pires cocking up the second penalty. The one he scored from shouldn't have been given, whereas the second should, so at least that balanced itself out in the end.

Yes, a few tough desicions this week, the own goal that didn't exist. That Vassel goal, and Drogba's you could say was harsh.

Spurs draw with Utd was pleasing, great free-kick.

and Newcastle earn the bragging rights with their win over Sunderland.

God those fans hate each other, remeber seeing something on Football Focus a few years back, with a Newcastle fan saying how much he hated Sunderland, he hated anything red, don't eat red meat, don't let the family wear red clothes, it even pains me that me blood is red. Hard core or nutcase you decide.

At least Emre is back so things can start looking up again.

Was hoping that this weekends comedy capers weren't going to be mentioned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts