• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA Cup Thread

I don't dispute the fact he's a good player, he's just a diving arsehole!

I don't dispute the fact he's a good player, he's just a diving arsehole!
[/b]

Well if you'll concede that he's no worse than a lot of players in the Prem AND prefix you "diving areshole" with the word "pimply" I believe we have a consensus.

I'd say him waiting for a defender to come across him then deliberately failing to take evasive manoeuvres then fling himself to the floor is no worse than what that Newcastle player did when on two occasion he deliberately blocked a goal bound shot then pretended the ball had hit his stomach and injured him....but everyone thinks that amusing as opposed to Johnny Foreigner's dirty cheating which gets derided left right and centre.

Well Fergie seems to agree he has been United best player, He might even get the captaincy soon ( I think hes too young in my opinion). But from the games ive seen he has come leaps and bounds in months.

I think if I was playing a Sport at the Level and my Coach was saying that I would take great pride from it. I would certainly Care more for what my Coach and Team mates think about me then Fans.

I think if I was playing a Sport at the Level and my Coach was saying that I would take great pride from it. I would certainly Care more for what my Coach and Team mates think about me then Fans.
[/b]

Even if said coach is approaching the senility levels of Sir Bobby Robson

Dismal performance from Newcastle to go out of the competition, 5-1 loss at home, **** sake the same team is able to hang on at Spurs and then go on and win the game but they capitulate at home to Birmingham, embarassing stuff really.

With only one replay outstanding here's the draw for the 4th round

Arsenal v Bolton
West Ham v Watford
Bristol City v Middlesbrough
Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
Ipswich Town v Swansea
Tottenham v Southend Utd
Barnet v Plymouth Argyle
Birmingham City v Reading
Derby County v Bristol Rovers
Manchester City v Southampton
Crystal Palace v Preston North End
Manchester United v Portsmouth
Blackpool v Norwich City
Queens Park Rangers or Luton Town v Blackburn Rovers
Wolves v WBA
Fulham v Stoke City

What a good game it was between Bolton and Arsenal. I don't like Bolton at all but I was glad when they equalised as it meant 30 extra minutes.

Spotted one of my pet hates amongst the Bolton fans....If you are going to sew your footy club's name onto your country's flag at least take 5 seconds get the thing the right way up! It's not that hard is it....If it's too hard a task for you then get a cross of St George.

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :rahh: :rahh: :rahh:

unionjack-ud.jpg

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

only caught a brief bit of this one but saw the end of the 90 minutes, Bolton's equalisier aside how did Adebayor manage that miss as well, almost Rosenthal like that one.

Chelsea seem to be getting the handiest of draws though, what odds a home draw to Plymouth in the next round.

The Man U Vs Reading game was pretty Decent, the quality of the crosses from Sol were fantastic... and considering this was Reading's 'Reserve' Side they played like heros...

And Arsenal in a very boring tie resulting in 0-0 draw... Although Credit to Blackburn and especially Friedel they defended well and some fantastic saves were made by him...

I always find it really patronising when you hear pundits and managers alike saying that someone like Steve Coppel should be manager of the season, I think it's nonsense. It's the team that wins the league that should always have the manager of the season. I thought it was a nonsense that Benitez got it for winning a competition of 13 matches whereas Mourinho won the league. But it's even worse when someone is being considered for an above average season. There's too much nostaligia floating around in Britain and Ireland, we love when the underdog does well and yeah it's great but not so great that these teams' managers deserve to be spoken of as managers of the season. Reading have had a great season but let's not go overboard, they'll struggle to get into Europe, and won't win their replay against United so I doubt people will be blowing his trumpet then. The team who wins the league should get manager of the season full stop.

Mark Hughes is an utter arsehole. He was moaning on MoTD last night despite the fact that Arsenal were denied a CLEAR penalty because "one or two decisions" went against Blackburn. I hate that man with a passion!

I hate that man with a passion!
[/b]

I hate his teams....there is no way they don't go out there with a practiced gameplan of deliberate elbows and ****ly fouls.

Aparently he's one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet though.

One Game on the Pitch, One Game off the Pitch!!!

Quarter Finals Draw

FA Cup quarter-final draw
Middlesbrough or West Brom v Manchester United or Reading
Arsenal or Blackburn v Manchester City
Chelsea v Tottenham
Plymouth v Watford

Man Utd 1 - 0 Boro (Ronaldo (pen))

Spurs 1 - 2 Chelsea (Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, Keane (pen) )... And to cap it off, a fan attacks Lampard at White Hart Lane.

Would have probably preffered Spurs in the final. United v Chelsea final is too hard to predict, We'll have to see what happens in the final.

Latest posts