• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA cup Thread

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 24 2006, 11:16 PM
Oh well, no final for the Kop than...

darn.
Think again, 2-1 Reds

The Cup is as good as ours :cheers:

Was a bit too keen to impress ahead of the world cup, in a game this big there's no doubts the FIFA bigwigs would have had someone watching it to assess him ahead of the Summer. No way in the ordinary run of the mill would he have given that high foot against Terry, bad call.

It was a bad call. But as far as I'm concerned, it equalled out the decision early on when Drogba was allowed to go clean through when miles offside, and the blatant penalty when Cudicini clattered Crouch.

We fully deserved our win, and I'm delighted to be going to Cardiff.

Right I need to try and find out when the tickets for the FA Cup Final are released...

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 22 2006, 07:53 PM
and the blatant penalty when Cudicini clattered Crouch.
The blatent penalty when the keeper got his hand to the ball?

Or am I thinking of the wrong incident?

The ball obviously defied the laws of physics in the process then. It managed to shoot straight up in the air rather than in the direction of Crouch's momentum.

I know his feet are huge, but not even he could have kicked underneath it having sprinted forwards to get there.

If YOU actually watched the replay the ball was there to be won, Crouch won the ball then got taken out but Cudicini... Even the commentators said that....

Originally posted by getofmeland@Apr 22 2006, 08:22 PM
If YOU actually watched the replay the ball was there to be won, Crouch won the ball then got taken out but Cudicini... Even the commentators said that....
Apart from Mark Lawrenson saying that both got the ball at the same time. Which is what I've been saying. It was a legitimate 50/50 ball, which both got a piece of. No way was it a penalty.

Half Time 2-1 West Ham

West Ham got a little lucky(thats football) but i've been impressed with some of there play.

It's turning into a great final

Go Reds!!!!

Latest posts