• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Liverpool have Harry Kewell, and he's worth 6 goals alone.

for who the opposition?

Anyway great win for Newcastle over the Arsenal, even though defeat would have put more pressure on Souness, can't be cheering for defeat even it could get rid of that twat.

Caught the first half only but jesus Given's save was awesome, Newcastle would be in deeper **** if it weren't for him, nice to actually see his saves getting the reward of a victory for a change.

Liverpool might I just add Second in the Premiership, with 7 Consequtive wins in the premiership and 10 Consequtive Clean Sheets.

Liverpool > YOU & Newcastle

What's the story with all this x > y crap.

Liverpool second in the premiership, hardly surprising when they have such a quality coach, proven at the top level, such wasted years under Houllier.

If only Newcastle could find a quality coach before Souness manages to destroy yet another group of promising players.

Originally posted by getofmeland@Dec 11 2005, 09:45 AM
Liverpool might I just add Second in the Premiership, with 7 Consequtive wins in the premiership and 10 Consequtive Clean Sheets.

Liverpool > YOU & Newcastle
who cares, Newcastle are just timing their run, you know you want Alan Shearer starting for England again.

Newcastle on paper shouldnt be that bad a team, they got a preety good deal out of the Woodgate affair, they give away Woodgate to Real Madrid, who's injured every second game, then get Owen and they beat Arsenal, so they must be doing something right.

Shay Givens is the man and they have the talent and weapons, god, do they have the talent... Owen, Jenas, Dyer, Butt, Shearer, Bowyer (Not Craig Bellamy, he's an overated crybaby... and he's Welsh).

They just need to shoot Sousness and make me manager. It worked on Football Manager for me... once I bought Carlos Tevez.

Ripper for Newcastle coach, sounds better than Souness, let's get a petition going.

Oh and don't be surprised if Jenas and Bellamy don't turn up for training on your first day.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 12 2005, 01:13 AM
Ripper for Newcastle coach, sounds better than Souness, let's get a petition going.

Oh and don't be surprised if Jenas and Bellamy don't turn up for training on your first day.
<
<
<
<

Poor Fergie, bad enough going out of the Champions league before the knockout stages but now failing to be lowly Everton at home, you'd almost feel sorry for, almost.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 11 2005, 11:19 PM
Poor Fergie, bad enough going out of the Champions league before the knockout stages but now failing to be lowly Everton at home, you'd almost feel sorry for, almost.
I would never feel sorry for Fergie....
but then again i had to decide wat result i would like, a win for Man U Scum, as it would mean they would be above Liverpool in the league and Everton Scum would be in relegation position.... Or a win for Everton Scum, as it would mean Liverpool would be above Man U Scum.... So a draw was a fantastic result as both dropped points, Everton Scum are in danger zone still, and Man U scum are in 3rd Place.... but my Concern is the Chelsea Scum above us.... Can Liverpool Catch them.... YES, YES THEY CAN!!!!

Meh, neither of them are worth the bother.

They're both having a laugh regarding the Champions League AND the UEFA Cup. I'm just hoping we pick up where we left off on our return from Japan....

I imagine you'd still get decent odds on Liberpool winning the premiership, might be worth looking into.

They might be vulnerable though after their 2 games in Japan, who knows what the final against Sao Paolo will take out of them, so tread careful against oh it's only Newcastle and they'll have 8 days so no problem there then.

Aston Villa could be on the verge of a takeover from an Irish consortium which could be sealed by 31 December. About time that Deadly Doug stood down, can only be for the good of the club to have someone come in whose willing to put their hand in their pockets.

man utd vs arsenal tmoz - united must pick up 3 pts at highbury to keep pressure on chelsea

Sad to say but premiership is over after Rafa picked that shity team last night.

Why would ya change a winning team when playing a tough team like Bolton, I mean do that **** against West Brom not Bolton, especially when we lost tha same match last year. Ya think he would have learnt something from changing tha squad numerous times at the begining of tha year and droping crucial points and changing a winning team in tha WCC and losing a final to a shitty Sao Paulo.

Oh well next year we'll win it

**** Chel$ki

Bolton have only lost once at home this season so how is getting a draw such a bad result, there is also the fact that it was the 4th game in 8 days, and despite the experts saying that you're not tired when you're winning, adrenaline can only take you so far. And anyway the league is long gone, there's no way anyone will catch Chelsea.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 4 2006, 12:50 AM
Bolton have only lost once at home this season so how is getting a draw such a bad result, there is also the fact that it was the 4th game in 8 days, and despite the experts saying that you're not tired when you're winning, adrenaline can only take you so far. And anyway the league is long gone, there's no way anyone will catch Chelsea.
exactly, Bolton have only lost one game at home so why play a full strength side against West Brom and then start Haman,Traore and Pong-hole who havn't played hardly any footy recently and then bring in Alonso,Cisse and Garcia when your already in the ****.

the other 6 or 7 didnt need a rest over the holiday period.

Anyway i just see it as bad managment or just plain cocky, still luv him just a little ****** we didnt win. there's nodoubt in my mind we would have won with Riise,Alonso and Cisse starting.
They showed great character to come back twice but i dont think they needed to be in that position to start with.

Don't think it would have made a difference what team Benitez would have put out, Bolton were well up for the game after their Old Trafford hiding, so I'm sure the result wouldn't have been any different.

Big game tonight although not that much riding on it this year, can't see anything else other than a win for Man Utd, Arsenal haven't up to much this season, couldn't even beat Newcastle
<
, despite their easy qualification in the champions league. Although it's about time Arsenal put one over on United at home.

Michael Owen had his operation on his foot today, will probably be out of action for at least 10 weeks, was relieved Given's thumb wasn't as bad as first feared otherwise the way our injury run was going we'd be fighting to avoid relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts