• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 15 2006, 07:32 AM
Haven't seen the Ronaldo challenge yet, but they said it was a harsh dismissal on the radio.
ronaldored2bj.gif

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 14 2006, 09:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 14 2006, 09:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Jan 15 2006, 07:32 AM
Haven't seen the Ronaldo challenge yet, but they said it was a harsh dismissal on the radio.
ronaldored2bj.gif
[/b]
If he'd made proper contact then he could have no complaints about a straight red. Bit harsh, but if you go in with your studs up like that you're stupid.

Deserves an oscar for the dive.

Still, on the plus side, the little **** may be suspended and Park will get some game time instead.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 15 2006, 08:31 AM
Deserves an oscar for the dive.
I think that's a bit harsh - he had to hurdle one trick as it was, and so hefty was the challenge his body has caught Cole's feet as he is coming down. Not a dive in the slightest.

Who said I was talking about Cole!
<

Still, **** result form a **** team.

I didn't see the game because I was on my way to Anfield, but it did seem to be a somewhat lethargic United performance from what the radio was telling me. Ronaldo needs to learn to cross the football, Rooney was wasteful (though your best player by a mile) and Mikael Silvestre is a walking disaster zone. I think Ferguson made tactical errors - Evra should not have been involved in this game, nor should he be involved in the game against us next week. He was being filleted time and time again, though he will be a very good defender when everything settles down. He quite simply isn't ready to have Joey Barton, Steven Gerrard et al baring down on him every time he has the ball.

I'm sure it will be all fixed for next week
<

Always the same when the one team you really want to beat all season lose the week before you're due to play and get the cobwebs out of their system and take the pitch with more of a point to prove, having said all that United are shite this season and Liverpool should win regardless.

I think a draw is a more likely result. I'd like to think that we could avoid defeat. If we do we're in poll position to get that second place but draws are no good to either team. I fear though that if there will be a winner it will be United.

Liverpool should stroll to the second automatic champions league spot, Arsenal are too far behind and United don't seem to be capable of putting a decent run together, and Spurs will fall off the pace especially losing a game as important as today's was.

Spurs will be nowhere near come May. They'll finish 8th at best.

I think Spurs will challenge for UEFA Cup football, although Arsenal are on the march and I think they'll get the Champions League spots. As normal for top 4, UEFA Cup spots are very much open!

Arsenal seem to have got on a decent run of form, good timing with the resumption of the champions league not too far off now, but they have a game in hand on Spurs and at the very least should still have too much class not to finish outside the top 4, should finish third at the very least.

Spurs really should get a UEFA cup spot, although I won't be surprised if they get vertigo and go on a slump.

The reason I think Spurs will slump is a lack of consistency. I was distinctly unimpressed with them when we played them.

Not another Liverpool fan, God you're taking over the place along with the Saints fans.
<
<

(appologies if you're not)

You'd think so wouldn't you. Sorry about that, didn't mean to cause any offense.

Come on you Villa!

Sorry just thought I would add a random comment at the response in the new year made by the team.

Spurs will finish higher than 8th! I think this years team is different, we have enough quality to grind out the tough games. With such additions as ED, there's more determination to win. It may be slightly optimistic to think they'll get the 4th spot, bu I think it's possible.

Mrs St, when Spurs played Bolton, admittedly we were shite, but we still did enough to gain the point (had the linesman not made that ******** call on Defoe). There has been several occasions in which Spurs have played badly but still managed to salvage points, something we didn't do last season.

My top 5:

1.Chelsea
2.Liverpool
3.Arsenal
4.Man U
5.Spurs

I don't think that's over the top, Hypno, I think that's a fair assessment. Champions League might just be too much this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts