• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

BTW it wasn't the FA it was the Premier League (2 totally separate entities of English Football)...

The Premier League are at fault I believe, as they obviously never asked for the appropriate paper work when they were signed, and if it wasn't for Liverpool buying Mascherano then this probably would never of emerged until the end of the season, if not ever...

The thing is that the decision was not made by West Ham, they were told they are allowed to play Tevez, so the blame should lay with the Premier League not fully with West Ham...

I have a lot of respect for West Ham, and I do feel sorry for Sheffield United's Fans, they can't help they have a gobshite as a Manager...
It's comments like this that annoy me, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6652335.stm

Also in other news Paul Jewell has resigned as Wigan Manager, so he will be off to Manchester City...

Pretty much spot on as far as I can tell. Do you think it was fair Fulham were gifted 3 points by liverpool's keystone cops-esque 3rd string?

You can't be comfortable with these weakened teams he's sending out, no proper footy fan can. It's undermining the integrity of the league...why can't Warnock make the point? 'cause he's not managing a "big club", that's the only reason.

Yet another example of g14 arrogance I'm afraid..."It's our game so you lot can just smile and be thankful you are allowed to grace the same league as us". These foreign managers descend on the game, breeze round spending massive amounts of cash then moan & dispense insults whenever a decision goes the other way or an opposition team doesn't role over and die against them. Whenever anyone else pipes up and complain they are portrayed as a serial moaner.

Liverpool actually had injuries in that game, and it wasn't that weakened squad to be perfectly honest...

to be honest we had just played one of the toughest games of the season, which went to penalties, there was certain players who played in the squad rotated side who played a part in that game...

Also admitidly I would like to see Liverpool win every game, and to be perfectly honest Warnock is shifting the blame for his squad playing poorly all season, we could easily turn around and say we gifted him a point in the first game of the season, which is what he is basically saying...

And also after watching the Manchester United Game yesterday, I wouldn't say it was that weakened in comparison to the game in midweek... And West Ham Played a Great game...

You have a serious problem with the G14, and you make it obvious, far too obvious... Liverpool are not the force they were in the league, but they are gaining, we need to have bigger squads to be able to cope with the amount of games that are expected to be played...

Like I have said before Warnock can talk more about other people's problems, rather than his own, he won't admit to his own teams mistakes, Mourinho is another Manager like that and so is Sir Alex and Wenger... I will admit Benitez has had jibes at refs, but not as much as the others above...

For the size (and I mean money and squad size) Praise has to go to Everton for securing 6th place, its a bloody good achievement, the problem being is that I doubt you will have the depth in your squad to be able to play in 4 Comps next season, and this is where smaller clubs than the big 4 fall over... I am not saying that Liverpool are not a typical big club, but I know we have spent a lot of money and the case is you have to, to be able to compete with the best... I also believe a Wage Cap should be introduced for at least one season to see how well it works, at least that should make the playing field a little bit fairer...

Charlie, you are an absolute star & I think the world of you but how can we possibly be expected to take your footballing opinions seriously when you come out with stuff like this :

"we could easily turn around and say we gifted him a point in the first game of the season"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1tUz6XnlnU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1tUz6XnlnU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You got a penalty equaliser for 'intent' whatever the hell that is.

I just don't think he deserves to be called an arrogant gobshite just 'cause he calls a spade a spade and appens to be at an unfashionable club. You say the liverpool side that took on Fulham wasn't that weakened but it featured players like Arbeloa, Paletta, Insua, El Zhar, Padelli and Hobbs. Their own mothers probably don't know who they are. Hyypia, Fowler & Gonvalez aren't exactly first choicers either.

I think Warnock did a decent job with the resources he was afforded....slagging off the players for giving everything and coming up just short wouldn't be very professional (Let's not forget that if Hulse hadn't have got injurer they'd have probably survived easily). When he has valid points, he's entitled to make them. liverpool fans seems to love it when Raffa pontificates...I'm just puzzled why it's wrong when someone else does it. He tore into Everton when they bossed us with 10 men and were denied a penalty...You couldn't argue against him 'cause he was in the right.

Going back to the point about Liverpool clubs being disliked in the media - how can you say with the attitude shown towards Gerrard?

He is treated like a Premiership Roy of the Rovers, with most journalists conveniently forgetting the horrendous challenges and 'acts of simulation' he has been known to commit.

The penalty against Sheffield United was not his most blatent, but there was certainly no contact worthy of sending a top level athlete to the floor.

Great player he may be, but he is not without his indiscresions, which more often than not are overlooked by the media.

i think warnock is a c***, if he was in sir alexs shoes im sure he would have done the same thing.

i think warnock is a c***, if he was in sir alexs shoes im sure he would have done the same thing. [/b]

exactly...

Any other manager would of done the same if they had a squad where they could rest players, especially as there is nothing left to play for in the season, except a major cup trophy... United had won the league, Liverpool had qualified Europe, Chelsea just have the FA Cup, Arsenal have nothing...

Can we assume you are both as draconian in your attitudes when Sir Alex, Benitez et al do their regular post match bleating and whingeing? Or do they have carte blanche?

Benitez doesn't whine as much as Warnock ever did...

Benitez is one of the more respectable managers in the league, he very rarely gets into verbal slanging matches like Sir Alex, Mourinho and Warnock...

Benitez doesn't whine as much as Warnock ever did...
[/b]

You keep saying this but all you've shown is him quite rightly complaining about the contempt your manager has treated the Premiership with (presumably because, as Mourinho said, Benitez's only remit is the Champions League).

I was pretty annoyed by the bunch of dickheads you put out against Portsmouth.

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE</div><div class=\'quotemain\'>"I don't think we've got a discipline problem. It's the players who are thick who are causing the problems."
Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock pulls no punches after his goalkeeper Paddy Kenny has his eyebrow bitten off in an after-hours brawl.[/b][/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ugh/6476653.stm

The point being a manager can put out the side he wants to put out... So what if we were playing for the Champions League... You tell me this Stuey... if Everton were in a position where they had qualified for Europe and then had a semi final second leg to play, would you rest players in a league match if you had nothing to play for in the league... but by playing your best team you jeapodise your chance of a trophy... Also on the whole fulham thing, Rafa picked a side he thought could win the game, they weren't able to and lost 1 nil, it was a weakened yes, but for a reason 8 players in the squad played over 120 minutes of football in a midweek fixture.. the difference being Chelsea still had a sniff of the league so were forced to play their best side, we weren't going to win anything out of the league...

If Everton were in that position I would Guarentee they would of done the same, and so would Sheffield United and any other team, but JUST because Liverpool did it, it was wrong...

The point being a manager can put out the side he wants to put out... So what if we were playing for the Champions League... You tell me this Stuey... if Everton were in a position where they had qualified for Europe and then had a semi final second leg to play, would you rest players in a league match if you had nothing to play for in the league... but by playing your best team you jeapodise your chance of a trophy... Also on the whole fulham thing, Rafa picked a side he thought could win the game, they weren't able to and lost 1 nil, it was a weakened yes, but for a reason 8 players in the squad played over 120 minutes of football in a midweek fixture.. the difference being Chelsea still had a sniff of the league so were forced to play their best side, we weren't going to win anything out of the league...

If Everton were in that position I would Guarentee they would of done the same, and so would Sheffield United and any other team, but JUST because Liverpool did it, it was wrong...

[/b]

I will state : If Everton had done that it'd be wrong and I'd be ashamed, many Evertonians would be.

We'd deserve everything we got be it flak, criticism or fines. We have done it in the past and it was wrong, we were also potentially on the other end of it in 1998. You see Chelsea have a tradition of playing it straight. They played a full strength team on the last day against Bolton when they had a European final 4 days later. It meant Everton, who were in the bottom 3 going into the final day and totally dependant on other results, stayed in the league on the strength of Chelsea's 2 goal win against the Trotters.

Integrity...as they old Evertonian quote goes : "Those who understand need no explantion, those don't don't matter"

A manager should always do whats best for the entire Club...

The Example you have used is stupid, because Chelsea had a European Final 4 days later...

Liverpool had just played a Champions League Semi Final which went into Extra Time, which was physically exhausting for the players... You cannot expect those players to then face a team where the outcome of the game doesn't affect anything for Your Team...

Football has changed... Times have Changed, your just constantly bitrching about Everton, and I would put money that had it been Everton in that position then they would of played a weakened side, but of course you would never agree with that because that would mean I would of proven you wrong...

The Simple thing is that Liverpool did it, so it must be wrong... there wasn't any complaints when Arsenal did it last season.. but oh that Liverpool, so its ok...

Everton should get Neil 'The Gobshite' Warnock as the Manager...

Also on another note I was talking to an Evertonian today and he was actually complaining about Warnock and how glad he was to see him go down... Just seems funny half the Premiership doesn't like him...

The Example you have used is stupid, because Chelsea had a European Final 4 days later...

Liverpool had just played a Champions League Semi Final which went into Extra Time, which was physically exhausting for the players... You cannot expect those players to then face a team where the outcome of the game doesn't affect anything for Your Team...

[/b]

Eh...it's exactly the same scenario...resting players 'cause of other commitments. Chelsea didn't do it in 98, they deserve a mention.

liverpool doing it is wrong....Everton doing would be wrong too. Absolutely. Simple.

It's the old "**** on a stick" debate again. Just 'cause it's your team doesn't it can't be criticised. Mindlessly defending everything your club and everyone associated with your club isn't always the way forward.

You see I've been at both ends of it...it teaches humility. Your top four types should give Humility a go.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Eh...it's exactly the same scenario...resting players 'cause of other commitments. Chelsea didn't do it in 98, they deserve a mention.

liverpool doing it is wrong....Everton doing would be wrong too. Absolutely. Simple.

It's the old "**** on a stick" debate again. Just 'cause it's your team doesn't it can't be criticised. Mindlessly defending everything your club and everyone associated with your club isn't always the way forward.

You see I've been at both ends of it...it teaches humility. Your top four types should give Humility a go. [/b][/quote]

We were resting players due to exhaustion and on a fitness basis in the fulham game... If we had fielded the team we played against Chelsea in the Champions League Semi-Final, Fulham would of more than likely won...

The key to being successful is squad rotation... Man United realised this and won the league because they were able to rotate their squad efficiently...

In the Fulham game we rotated our squad...

Squad against Chelsea/Fulham
Pepe Reina/Pepe Reina
John Arne Riise/Emiliano Insua
Daniel Agger/Sami Hyypia ©
Jamie Carragher/Gabriel Paletta
Steve Finnan/Alvaro Arbeloa
Boudewijn Zenden/Mark Gonzalez
Steven Gerrard ©/Xabi Alonso
Javier Mascherano/Momo Sissoko
Jermaine Pennant/Jermaine Pennant
Peter Crouch/Craig Bellamy
Dirk Kuyt/Robbie Fowler
SUBS :
Xabi Alonso (s)/Nabil El Zhar (s)
Alvaro Arbeloa/Steve Finnan (s)
Craig Bellamy (s)/Jack Hobbs
Robbie Fowler (s)/Harry Kewell (s)
Mark Gonzalez/
Sami Hyypia/
Daniele Padelli/Daniele Padelli (came on due to injury)

To be honest the side we played against Fulham should have won, even tho they are youngsters. Also may I add How else are young players mean't to get a chance to play in the Premiership if you feel the premiership teams should play their best squad week in week out, surely that would of course mean that teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool wouldn't be able to play some of their youngsters to gain experience in the league at the top level of football, so if we did get an injury then those players would be chucked in at the deep end, so it is actually encouraging players to play over a fairer playing field...

I may as well bring up the case again about Everton's good ole match fixing against Manchester United, and their 3rd party influence... Tim Howard who has agreed to move to Everton from Manchester United in the summer was not allowed to play against Manchester United but was against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and every other team even tho a deal had been agreed, so where is your good ole clubs morale stance on that... Your best keeper wasn't allowed to play because of some Gentlemen's Agreeement... what a load of crap... And also they additional money you will now recieve from Manchester United because they have won the league... Oh yeah thats honest and upheld...

Howard not playing against his employers is a fairly standard part of many loan deals. I don't see the problem.

I've also lost track of where this has gone. It began with a few of us defending Neil Warnock, when did Liverpool start to feature so prominently?

I believe the original gripe was more about Manchester United's team against West Ham, and the Premier League ruling on Tevez rather than anything major to do with Liverpool.

As a sidenote, what odds could I get for Jack Hobbs never playing another first team match in a Liverpool shirt?

Howard not playing against his employers is a fairly standard part of many loan deals. I don't see the problem.

I've also lost track of where this has gone. It began with a few of us defending Neil Warnock, when did Liverpool start to feature so prominently?

I believe the original gripe was more about Manchester United's team against West Ham, and the Premier League ruling on Tevez rather than anything major to do with Liverpool.

As a sidenote, what odds could I get for Jack Hobbs never playing another first team match in a Liverpool shirt? [/b]

Actually a deal has been brokered with Manchester United by Everton for him to sign in the summer, which therefore would of allowed him to play against Manchester United in the game at Everton but because of "Gentlemen's Agreement" he was not allowed to play...

The reason this went to a Liverpool based arguement was to do with the comments from Neil Warnock on their weakened side against Fulham after the Champions League Semi Final in Mid-week against Chelsea which went to Extra Time, he belived we should of fielded our best squad, which we did taking into account exhaustion...

Jack Hobbs will play a first team game for Liverpool, he is a great young talent...

how good is Teves??
Sir Alex snap him up PLZ!!
over these last 8 weeks hes been the player of the premiership for sure.
whats he worth??
id spend 15M on him easy...

probably about £10 Million to buy him out his contract and another £10 Million to West Ham

If Manchester United, Everton and Tim Howard all agreed that he won't play against his employers before the day of the match comes around then I don't see that problem.

It's all above board, everyone knows what's going on, and as I said before it's a commonly used feature of a loan deal.

In more important news, Stuart Pearce is no longer manager of Man City. Part of me is sad to see him go as he's a very nice guy and is refreshingly open in his views. However, he clearly isn't up to being a top level manager yet, especially at a club as difficult to manage as ours.

Latest posts