• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 'problem' of Leinster 'dominance'

And as I've said on these boards recently, we have natural advantages and I won't deny that but we're doing our very best to maximise those.

Sure you win the argument. Leinster don't have any advantages over anybody else. Hope yourself and Ross O'Carroll Kelly enjoy the season

Quoted above is my very first post on this thread. What you're talking about isn't giving Leinster advantages though and if the IRFU started doing what you suggest talent wouldn't be spread across the provinces, it'd be spread across England, France and Japan.

I'm not a club rugby aficionado, but has there ever been anything as dominant as beating the 2nd placed French team by 32 points away from home then backing it up with a 57-0 trousering of the 4th placed English side? Unless these sides were injury ravaged or focussing on the domestic league or I'm missing something.

Leinster's 23 and wider squad is strong, but even taking that into account these results just about defy belief. They are making top level sides look like Zebre.

I'm not a club rugby aficionado, but has there ever been anything as dominant as beating the 2nd placed French team by 32 points away from home then backing it up with a 57-0 trousering of the 4th placed English side? Unless these sides were injury ravaged or focussing on the domestic league or I'm missing something.

Leinster's 23 and wider squad is strong, but even taking that into account these results just about defy belief. They are making top level sides look like Zebre.
The BBC website did say that Gloucester were understrength today. Even so, 57-0 is still too one-sided.

No Sexton or Furlong either....

In reality, Leinster are focused on this comp and Racing and Gloucester are prioritising their domestic leagues. Can't really blame them considering their draws.

Last year showed everyone the Leinster scalp is there for the taking. This year's format makes it not worth the risk at this stage of the comp. If they're going to continue with this format, they need to add a BP for an away win or something to incentivise playing every game.

Some say that every time Leinster lose, sexton sheds a single golden tear, and where it falls a shamrock sprouts from the ground.

Yeh from Tigers POV I'm really worried about
Heyes
Chessum
Martin
JVP
Steward
All being kept going forward mainly to do with cap, not playing time, which is crazy add in the likes of Dolly and Kelly as well.

It feels like it's harder for Prem fans to get excited about the future players coming through because of the chances being high they do move elsewhere
Less matches would help as smaller squads could be used.
Also less matches would actually increase revenue, as bigger crowds and higher demand would mean slightly higher prices.

Latest posts