• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The QFs!

Can't say I noticed Earls as looking bigger. Zebo definitely ballooned a bit but most of that happened in Paris and I'm pretty sure I read an article from Lowe saying he'd lost weight before this season so I wouldn't say there's a directed tactic.

It might have just been an unflattering camera angle for Earls (and as a sometimes centre he has a bit more natural bulk). Happy to hit row Z with that speculation unless Baloucoune and Larmour bulk up.

I was impressed by Dan McFarlane's post match interview. Essentially saying that while focus on power/mauls might be suitable in poorer winter weather, it can nullify the fluency of the attacking game when you head into late spring when there are better conditions for flowing rugby. He basically said he'd been getting the balance wrong in the last couple lr months and I love a coach who can identify an error on their part and work out how to fix it. Dangerous semi final opponents.

So if Edinburgh manage to somehow beat the Stormers, they get the home Semi? Not sure if my brain is working here but that doesn't seem very fair does it considering they finished 4 places behind us..?

Nope, it doesn't make any sense. Bulls also queried it because they weren't happy with it, but it's been the rules since the tournament started, so no changes. Weird setup

A bit behind on the Bulls move but really like the design for Hendricks' try even if they made a bit more work of it then they should have. Feels like ot guarantees a try if the players involved at least half complete their duties.

Nope, it doesn't make any sense. Bulls also queried it because they weren't happy with it, but it's been the rules since the tournament started, so no changes. Weird setup
It was the same when BT changed the Heineken cup. It makes absolutely no sense. Devalues the league table massively.

Very dramatic finish in the Bulls Sharks game, tough for the Sharks coming so close to the comeback.

URC TV vs FloRugby for the worst part about being an American rugby fan.

I'm a bit behind so I was wondering what he did. The set piece kick through the in goal wasn't what I was expecting.

It's knocked on by Glasgow recovered by Leinster for try. Why did he to have a minute long conversation with Glasgow to explain that?

It must be said, the Ulster v Munster game was horrible to watch as a neutral. Too many errors and a stop-start match throughout. Was difficult to follow and enjoy as it lacked rhythm.

It was even more sad to hear the commentators trying to figure out what sort of legacy Johan Van Graan was leaving behind ,if any. I feel for him and his coaching staff.

In other, more exciting news, the Bulls v Sharks game brought some much needed excitement, rhythm and intensity to the QF's. I think the Sharks left it too late, as they did against Ulster in round 18. Bulls did well to absorb all that pressure and then convert their opportunities to points. But they will have to go up a couple of notches if they are to upset Leinster (who, at the time of writing this, are 21-7 ahead of Glasgow).

So far so good with my predictions but that Edinburgh side does look stacked whilst our lack of depth is starting to show. On paper at least. Still think we should be able to pull it off.

Latest posts