• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Forum’s Reputation System Laws & FAQ's

G

getofmeland

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic">Made by Getofmeland.[/b]

Q: First of all, what is TRF's reputation system (or rep system for short)?

A: TRF's rep system has been made to show other members how people think about you on this site. People with a lot of +rep (high reputation) are respected members, who help others, make things for the TRF, or are very trustworthy.
On the other hand, people with â€"rep (bad reputation) spammed or flamed other members of the TRF (there are also a lot of different reasons to get â€"rep!!). This does NOT mean that they are bad members. It's just a way to make their behaviour better. After being a while on TRF, helping, non-posting, they will gain +rep, and there bad status will be gone after a while, and they have then proven themselves.

Q: When can I give +rep or â€"rep to other users?

A: You can give rep to others when you become a Fully Validated Member or Higher

Q: How can I +/- Rep other members?

A: When you became a member, you'll see some new features being there!
r_minus.gif
By clicking the red square, with a little â€" in it, you'll â€"rep somebody. This means you'll lower the member's reputation!!
r_add.gif
By clicking this green square, with a little + in it, you'll +rep somebody. This means you'll raise the member's reputation!!

Q: What can I use the rep system for? And what not for?

A: +rep could be given for:

- Somebody helping you out. For example: You had an error, somebody told you what to do, you fix it and now the error is fixed.
- Somebody made a signature or avatar, posted it, you're using it for yours.
- Making a positive contribution like inviting friends to join, or promoting the TRF

A: â€"rep could be given for:

- People who spam. For example: you made a thread, and the member just posts ''yeah cool'' or anything like that.
- People flaming others. For example: you posted something and the person starts calling you names, ''yells'', or harasses you.

THERE ARE ALOT MORE DIFFERENT REASONS TO GIVE SOMEBODY A ''+ or â€" REP''!! But we just can't post all reasons of course.

Q: Are there any rules for giving +/- rep?

A: Yes there are some rules:

- You have to be a Member before you can give +/- rep.
- You can't change the rep of a person more than once a day.
- You can't give +/- rep to somebody, just because you like/dislike him or her. There has to be a good reason.
- If you give someone a reputation point without ANY reason, this rep will be removed.
- Asking for people to +rep you is a big NO.

People abusing the Rep System, by giving unfair +/- reps, can be Warned, Suspended or even BANNED, when not listening the first time, from 3volutionize.

If you think somebody gave you an unfair â€"rep, you can contact an Admin, and they'll look into it. If it's was given to you unfairly, the â€"rep will be removed.

Cos I had to reinstall the mod, because of the upgrade...

One of the MAJOR flaws in the upgrade was that any modification which was in place was lost so it has been causing ME major headaches these last 2 days. Plus it also good to start afresh, everyone is on a level playing field..

My rep was 8, and getting those 8 was like getting blood from a stone. It will take me a year or more to get those back. Everyone elses is up already, but mine will never return t its former glory. I guess its no biggy, but when you are a ghost member like me you appreciate wht you get.

My rep was 8, and getting those 8 was like getting blood from a stone. It will take me a year or more to get those back. Everyone elses is up already, but mine will never return t its former glory. I guess its no biggy, but when you are a ghost member like me you appreciate wht you get.
[/b]

Totally understand your point, but unfortunately we've not really had much choice with the issue, as we lost all our mods, even our balls!

i was thinking about this whole rep system, and the way its worked over the months is been around. and it inspired me. inspired me to write a song, heres how it goes:

"ahem...

People try to -rep us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
I hope I die before I get -rep'ed (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)

This is my reputation
This is my reputation, baby

Why don't you all r-rep'ed away (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
And don't try to rep what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my r-r-r-reputation (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)

This is my reputation

Why don't you all r-rep away (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
And don't try to -r-rep what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my r-r-reputation (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)

This is my reputation

People try to rep us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
Just because we r-r-rep around (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get -rep'ed (Talkin' 'bout my reputation)

This is my reputation
This is my reputation, baby "

what do you think? you likey?

:lol:

Have a rep point!

It does make me think about how well the rep system works, actually. It took a while but it has really settled down and I am happy with how it runs.

back at my best ehy?

so for my next post, do you think bringing out my 2ft orange dildo, clip on tie and the theme music to james bond will be going too far?

Does your rep eventually expire or something? About a month ago i had 32 or 33 and now I got 27. In fact i only noticed when 3 fell away today.
No member has neg repped me btw, they just disappeared.

The rep system gets recalculated periodically which re-jinks the totals and removes any anomalies. That's why they appear to go up and down occasionally.

Ok, in 12 minutes another one just fell away. 26 and counting, here I come Pieter Botha!

Ok thanks for the help anyway. If it stays above 20 I'll atleast look like I know what I'm talking about

Latest posts