• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Magazine Fantasy Game 2021/22 Season

Definitely more enjoyable than regular fantasy rugby, but I'm not gonna lie - I keep forgetting to make my switches after teams are announced ha

Gonna have to have a proper look at it after this round

This is a long game - you might not have started as strongly as you have in the past, but as it stands you're only 70pts behind me and have 2 starters and 2 bench players compared to my 1 starter so there's a fair chance you'll make up a good chunk of that.

I'm pretty sure we both have Tom Willis, but your other starter (I'm guessing Ribbans?) with two players on the bench (Matavesi and Mitchell?) could definitely get you 40+ points which is nothing.

Annoying I'm on 479 this week with Mitchell, Ribbans and Procter starting and Furbank on the bench.
The annoying thing is that I had Allen starting as my kicker.........................................................................

Frustrating, but still sounds like you're going to have a very good week. If you're on 479 with those players yet to take the field, you should be well in to the 500s which is fairly rare.

I typically have 4 or 5 rounds where I score 500+.

I might scrape it this week if Willis goes well and the points are kind to me once they finalise.

This is a long game - you might not have started as strongly as you have in the past, but as it stands you're only 70pts behind me and have 2 starters and 2 bench players compared to my 1 starter so there's a fair chance you'll make up a good chunk of that.

I'm pretty sure we both have Tom Willis, but your other starter (I'm guessing Ribbans?) with two players on the bench (Matavesi and Mitchell?) could definitely get you 40+ points which is nothing.
You got it in 1! Willis should score well for us. The other 3 all are decent scorers but who knows.

Doubt ill catch you though.

The team balance has ****** me a bit with only the two subs and bye weeks, I'll know for next time I guess!

519 points, ill take that. Up to 70th obv before the scores finalise.

You got it in 1! Willis should score well for us. The other 3 all are decent scorers but who knows.

Doubt ill catch you though.
More than caught - overtaken … obviously scores might slightly change, but right now you're leading me by 7.

I had a stinker,
Couple of guys in the squad who didn't even play, LRZ on the bench and Crossdale starting

Rough

I had a stinker,
Couple of guys in the squad who didn't even play, LRZ on the bench and Crossdale starting

Rough
Like said its the long game and happened to us all, me and a BPM have been rivals for years. I think we both agree its about your squad not your team though we played it different, id happily drop points (-20 to sell more players) to get my squad right and come back later and he was more cautious and made less changes working with the squad he had but didnt drop points....there is no right way to play, its all about risk reward...

I'd say one of the main things is not to just look at it on a week-by-week basis.

For example. swapping Dombrandt out to bring in Simmonds looks like a bad decision this round, but I'd expect Simmonds to score more across the next 3-4 rounds. I rarely drop points to make signings, but it's a similar principle. Losing 20pts is practically nothing over 2-3 rounds.

I'm not as 'cautious' as Scotty said, but dropping 20pts when you're trying to chase someone down is a hard decision.

Tough this weekend, there's the bye week plus bristol not playing 3 of the 4 players i have of them plus playing on the bench Uren on the bench!

I think ive sorted it best i can. Im choosing to have a open bench spot and bank some cash for next weekend. Also prepped for next weekend too :)

Good luck guys hope you have it easier.

The two change rule has scuppered me a little as I've got more than two players who are out injured/that I wanted to swap

Made the two swaps, and have had to end up with a starter who's on the bench, and a guy on the bench who isn't playing this weekend

Bit the 20 point bullet to get Montoya in for Innard, So have Montoya and Dolly as my hookers....
Brought Van Staden (Who is cheap af for a international) in for Reffell and Smith for allen

Bit the 20 point bullet to get Montoya in for Innard, So have Montoya and Dolly as my hookers....
Brought Van Staden (Who is cheap af for a international) in for Reffell and Smith for allen
He his cheap but is he a good scorer?. I really want SSimmonds and Smith but i cznt afford him

I bought Skinner, who seems good value - dirt cheap and getting lots of minutes for an Exeter side finding some good form now

I'm judging by his Super rugby stats and the fact that SA backrowers tend to have a good record for scoring well
You can look back at his scores you know, as he was super rugby and RM has a fantasy ge for super rugby aswell if you list his previous scores they show up and they arnt amazing, though hes worth what you paid 100%.

I really want to drop 40 points to swap dombrandt and ford for Simmonds and Smith lol, but will not be worth it.they would both have to get 40 points more between them to break even.

Van staden with 33 points.
But stupidly didn't think that with Van Staden and Wiese in the back row Liebenberg carrying would be going down.

Latest posts