• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The sigesige00 lets change Rugby Union to Rugby league thread

Rugby 10s has been around for a while... was meant to play in a Rugby10s tournament down in Bristol for my old club a year or two ago, but had to work. Remember there was a local girls rugby tournament that did 10 a side too.

I think your right Thingimubob we have a league fan trying to convert us in the union section LOL.

Nothing is new for 10s Rugby. Japanese are really hard nuts and a bit stubborn sticking with 15-a-side rugby. 10-a-side rugby are well recognized at all rugby nations.

Nothing is new for 10s Rugby. Japanese are really hard nuts and a bit stubborn sticking with 15-a-side rugby. 10-a-side rugby are well recognized at all rugby nations.

Oh, I did not know. I was thinking that only 15-a-side and Sevens exist internationally.

By the way, is 10-a-side more interesting than 15-a-side?

Bonus points are unnecessary, and abolition of draws

Do you think that bonus point is really necessary? I do not think so.
The bonus point system sometimes lead to ridiculous results.
Think:

A team win with 3 tries, 21-0 (4 points) twice --- 8 points. (difference 42)
B team win with no try (4 points), 6-5 and 4 tries (5 points), 20-19 -- 9 points. (difference 2)

B team is above than A team, despite A team scored 42 difference, in comparison with B team only 2 difference.

And I think that draws should be abolished. In the group stage, the tie game should be decided by the number of line-outs. If the numbers of line-outs are same, then the game should be decided by 40m kicks.

A team kick (1st)
B team kick (1st)
(end change)
B team kick (2nd)
A team kick (2nd)
A team kick (3rd)
B team kick (3rd)
(end change)
B team kick (4th)
A team kick (4th)

This 4-kick decider continues until the game is decided.

What do you think?

I think its a stupid idea... stop trying to change the game of Rugby... It works, so leave it alone

dude seriously!

Do you even watch Rugby Union? looks like you don't care about the game at all! Can someone please stop this idiot from starting threads that just ****** everyon else off??

Okay guys.. how about this.

Lets allow Forward passes in Rugby..Since its already being done.

BUT only by 2 meters.

Okay guys.. how about this.

Lets allow Forward passes in Rugby..Since its already being done.

BUT only by 2 meters.

While we're at it, how about you are allowed to leave one player on the opposition goal line so that you boot the ball anytime you like to him so that he can just catch and drop for 1 million points!

Do you think that bonus point is really necessary? I do not think so.
The bonus point system sometimes lead to ridiculous results.
Think:

A team win with 3 tries, 21-0 (4 points) twice --- 8 points. (difference 42)
B team win with no try (4 points), 6-5 and 4 tries (5 points), 20-19 -- 9 points. (difference 2)

B team is above than A team, despite A team scored 42 difference, in comparison with B team only 2 difference.

And I think that draws should be abolished. In the group stage, the tie game should be decided by the number of line-outs. If the numbers of line-outs are same, then the game should be decided by 40m kicks.

A team kick (1st)
B team kick (1st)
(end change)
B team kick (2nd)
A team kick (2nd)
A team kick (3rd)
B team kick (3rd)
(end change)
B team kick (4th)
A team kick (4th)

This 4-kick decider continues until the game is decided.

What do you think?

I think you are;

A) An idiot
B) Insane
C) Clueless
D) All the above

Decided by the number of line-outs. ROTMOFL. I have to say, I'd never have thought of that one even if you gave me a month.

I want the stuff he's on, I have a history exam coming up and I always struggle to find enough words.

siege has some good points:

Changes that need to happen for the better of the game:

We need unlimited range on the forward passes.
There should be a stoppage after every play. Each team should get 4 chances or downs to make a certain amount of distance before the counter resets.
Rugby isn't safe enough, we should give everyone helmets and shoulder pads so that they feel safe. Unfortunately though this might lead to player feeling invincible and do their best ram butting heads impression.
We should abolish the scrum and make the tight five become linemen.
etc... etc.
Until we get to the best part: CHEERLEADERS. Yay for rugby!

Seriously though, that's how American football was invented. Rugby between Canada and America but the States got bored with losing and made new rules. Became Canadian rules football (where the CFL championship Grey Cup was originally a rugby trophy.) Americans still ost and rules changed to became American football. forward pass added a few decades later and here we are. Basketball was invented by a Canadian so Football players had a way to stay in shape.

Rugby rules everything, but still doesn't have cheerleaders while american football and basketball do. That where the real change needs to occur.

Last edited:
siege has some good points:

Changes that need to happen for the better of the game:

We need unlimited range on the forward passes.
There should be a stoppage after every play. Each team should get 4 chances or downs to make a certain amount of distance before the counter resets.
Rugby isn't safe enough, we should give everyone helmets and shoulder pads so that they feel safe. Unfortunately though this might lead to player feeling invincible and do their best ram butting heads impression.
We should abolish the scrum and make the tight five become linemen.
etc... etc.
Until we get to the best part: CHEERLEADERS. Yay for rugby!

That's a lot of effort to take the ****. Good Job Sir!

I don't even have words to describe how dumb some of these ideas are. Number of lineouts? Plus if we wanted to watch a bunch of prancing around the pitch like women we'd watch 7s, real men (and manly women) like the physical aspects of play such as the scrum.

I don't even have words to describe how dumb some of these ideas are. Number of lineouts? Plus if we wanted to watch a bunch of prancing around the pitch like women we'd watch 7s, real men (and manly women) like the physical aspects of play such as the scrum.

Or watch the Cheerleaders.

Latest posts