• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The sigesige00 lets change Rugby Union to Rugby league thread

What about a frame type of thing that would keep the scrums from collapsing? Like a 2 sided scrum machine. It could be wheeled on at the right time by a team of trained men, positioned by the ref at the right spot and then hastily wheeled away to allow play to happen. Just an idea.....

Yeah, and the first team the get the ring to Mordor gets to fly on an eagle to catch the golden snitch for 150 points!!!

Props just look like that anyway...

You got that right! I wouldn't say the scrum is fine as it is. Theres alot thats got to be corrected, but saying it should be replaced is just stupid.

Cop on.

Scrums are poetry props are beautiful people. I'm not biased. There is know greater feeling then shoving your oppositions head through his ass and none worse then when it happens to you.

the problem with the scrummaging is we don't have any referees who played as prop!

Yep, that's all we need, a ref who is passed out due to lack of fitness after ten minutes. There's a reason why props are substituted around the half way mark and it isn't tactical! :p

Apart from Italians which props do that they're professional athletes and not fat shits anymore.

Yep, that's all we need, a ref who is passed out due to lack of fitness after ten minutes. There's a reason why props are substituted around the half way mark and it isn't tactical! :p

wow, really well informed.....aren't you......

I move the motion that the original poster's brain should be replaced with cotton wool and belly lint, to improve his thinking.

I move the motion that the original poster's brain should be replaced with cotton wool and belly lint, to improve his thinking.

I can't be a 100% sure but from his first post I'd say that has already happened :p

Scrums and Mauls, when done properly are beautiful to watch. I took so much pride watching Romania destroy the Scottish scrum for that try. I believe Scrums and Mauls represent the true spirit of rugby teamwork, strength, coordination, power, drive and hardwork. It is where the game is won, that is down in the trenches with all the blood and guts.

pretty much sums is up for me - I'm usually a winger (though have played a fair bit in the back row) and all I can say is the 2 Romanian tries against Scotland were simply things of beauty off the maul and scrum!

Name one.

Bill Young?

He now has chronic neck problems through years of having Owen Finnegan illegally binding on him (instead of a second rower) and assisiting him to bore in on his opposing THP.

Can't think of any others though.

Scrums and Mauls, when done properly are beautiful to watch. I took so much pride watching Romania destroy the Scottish scrum for that try. I believe Scrums and Mauls represent the true spirit of rugby teamwork, strength, coordination, power, drive and hardwork. It is where the game is won, that is down in the trenches with all the blood and guts.

We have a winner!!

We must have shoved London Scottish a cumulative 60-70m on Sunday. There's something about 8 fatboys shoving 8 other fatboys around the park that looks so spectacular.

Without the scrums or mauls you don't need forwards and then what do we do? Spend all day in the bar leaving you jessicas in the backs to play in the wind and rain?

Not my round btw :p

We have a winner!!

We must have shoved London Scottish a cumulative 60-70m on Sunday. There's something about 8 fatboys shoving 8 other fatboys around the park that looks so spectacular.

Without the scrums or mauls you don't need forwards and then what do we do? Spend all day in the bar leaving you jessicas in the backs to play in the wind and rain?

Not my round btw :p

The Forwards would do what they do in league, work the ball up the middle of the pitch by making short powerful runs and tiring out the opposition forwards by making them work for the tackles. The scrum is not the total sum of the work done by the pack.

Kick-off

In the 15-Player games, kick-offs are done by the side who conceded points.
In the Sevens, kick-offs are done by the side who scored points.
This difference is explained that territory is more important in the 15-Player games while ball-possesion is more important in the Sevens.
However, if so why is there the "not 10m" foul in the 15-Player games?
In this World Cup, many team try to keep the kick-off ball by kicking short and high balls.
Shouldn't we change the law of the 15-Player games to that of the Sevens?

Last edited:
10-Player Rugby

Recently, a new type of Rugby has begun in Japan -- High-School 10-Player Rugby.
There is no rule difference from the 15-Player Rugby, except the number of players. Scrum is contested by 5-5.
The reason of this is the declining birthrate in Japan -- many high-schools cannot gather 15 students.
Is there any other country with the problem of declining birthrate and adopt this new Rugby?

Recently, a new type of Rugby has begun in Japan -- High-School 10-Player Rugby.
There is no rule difference from the 15-Player Rugby, except the number of players. Scrum is contested by 5-5.
The reason of this is the declining birthrate in Japan -- many high-schools cannot gather 15 students.
Is there any other country with the problem of declining birthrate and adopt this new Rugby?

Declining birthrate is responsible for this?????? Are you sure it isn't the Japanese love of playing a high tempo expansive game, while having a little less exhaustion than the seven a side contest.

Rugby 10s has been around for a while... was meant to play in a Rugby10s tournament down in Bristol for my old club a year or two ago, but had to work. Remember there was a local girls rugby tournament that did 10 a side too.

Latest posts