• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

Plus side is we might finally see a new social media platform come out
Bebo ----> Myspace ----> Facebook ----> Instagram/Twitter

It does feel like now might be the time something new comes out.
Facebook is pretty much dead in terms of young Westerners
Instagram is losing people fast with it's constant updating crap
Twitter you know have this ****.
IMO the space is there within the next 2 years.
Tiktok isn't a social media platform like those.

Plus side is we might finally see a new social media platform come out
Bebo ----> Myspace ----> Facebook ----> Instagram/Twitter

It does feel like now might be the time something new comes out.
Facebook is pretty much dead in terms of young Westerners
Instagram is losing people fast with it's constant updating crap
Twitter you know have this ****.
IMO the space is there within the next 2 years.
Tiktok isn't a social media platform like those.
You missed off theRugbyForum. :p

I love a good conspiracy theory,

Interesting that the sale documents said Musk can't do anything to harm twitter's reputation before the sale goes through but then he almost straight away went after twitter's top lawyer who is their policy and safety lead - who then received tons of racism and death threats from his followers

Surprised to see Daikin as sponsors on Waratahs and Connacht strips. They do air con (probably the main focus of their business in Aus) but I'd imagine that there isn't much call for that in Galway. So it must be to do with their heat pumps. Hopefully a sign that these things will become more mass market and the economies of scale can start to kick in.

BBC news this morning reporting on a new toy for Cumbria Mountain Rescue - they have jet packs for their paramedics going in to action now.
Here's an article on the test flights; can't see anything up on today's story yet though, but IIRC, they got a paramedic and defibrilator to the top of Helvellyn in 3 minutes 30 something seconds:

And yes, I want one.
I'd kill myself within a week, but I want one anyway.

BBC news this morning reporting on a new toy for Cumbria Mountain Rescue - they have jet packs for their paramedics going in to action now.
Here's an article on the test flights; can't see anything up on today's story yet though, but IIRC, they got a paramedic and defibrilator to the top of Helvellyn in 3 minutes 30 something seconds:

And yes, I want one.
I'd kill myself within a week, but I want one anyway.
Wow. The jet pack from Thunderball brought to real life.

This crypto crash is pretty hefty,
Luna lost 93% of it's value in a day,
Bitcoin down 22% in a month - 51% over 6months

If bitcoin properly crashes there's going to be some people in real dire straights - the Luna subreddit already has reports of attempted suicides from people who invested life savings in it and lost it all

Crypto bros ruined it in all reality same with NFT's (Which at the start was honestly some great digital art with a interesting format), all these whale's have played the Crypto bro's like a fiddle.
Can't go on twitter without seeing some dogshit Crypto meme or someone pushing some dogshot new coin waiting to rug pull on someone.

I remember the Squid game stuff that was caught live

Such a problem everyone going for the get rich quick option, but most don't understand the very basic risks it has and Crypto is like day trading on acid

Last edited:
I'm lucky I guess that I was able to score some drugs and a few grand with crypto over the years but stopped messing with it due to environmental concerns. I also don't need it for drugs anymore as I'm an adult.

Not to kick people while they are down but diversifying your portfolio is something pretty much everyone is taught. If you think that your smarter than the average bear idk what to tell you.

edit: from a quick look on bitcoin and luna reddit it really seems that people investing in this **** rather than using it as a currency seem to think that it is a stock rather than a currency. They want to appraise the value of a crypto the same way they would a stock rather than would trade a currency. A whole bunch of people getting taken advantage of cause they have no idea what the hell they are doing.

I got stung a bit on crypto but only ever had it as something on the side. Having said that my normal investments have gone down the toilet too. Not particularly fussed as I'm playing the long game, is just unfortunate this has happened at the same time as I wanted to buy a house so won't be using my savings to get in when the market is low...

This crypto crash is pretty hefty,
Luna lost 93% of it's value in a day,
Bitcoin down 22% in a month - 51% over 6months

If bitcoin properly crashes there's going to be some people in real dire straights - the Luna subreddit already has reports of attempted suicides from people who invested life savings in it and lost it all

Luna now gone from $114 high to $0.05 in a couple of month.

Really sad thing is you could see the dip and then the amount of people picking up at the dip right before the crash

Really sad thing is you could see the dip and then the amount of people picking up at the dip right before the crash
Yup,
Saw someone on twitter who is big into Luna who lost everything...he then bought in again at $0.50 thinking he could recoup the losses when it inevitably (to his mind) rises again, and he's lost all of that now too

So many of these crypto millionaires are going to end up on the street,
Taking out loans to buy crypto, loans against crypto to pay off original loans etc

Yup,
Saw someone on twitter who is big into Luna who lost everything...he then bought in again at $0.50 thinking he could recoup the losses when it inevitably (to his mind) rises again, and he's lost all of that now too
Its just maddening virtually everyone in tech and finance have been saying for years its a bubble and eventually a lot of people will get massively burned. Like any anaylsis of what crypto was just led to conclusion it would never be suitable for its intended use and NFT's only really existed to try to sell more crypto therefore eventually it would fall through. Anyone who had seen technology bubbles before could see all the smells, companies would announce they were doing crypto but actually put no thought or effort in it, it was just so investors heard the word.

This was only ever going to end one way and those who hadn't got in heavily and already bugged out were always going to end up massively in the lurch.

Or is it on hold because he instantly broke conditions of the contract, and also the down turn in both Twitter and Tesla shares means he can no longer get the loans he requires?

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Latest posts