• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

the link.tree one is so weird. Hopefully this will be the death of influencers.

After having a large enough ego that he forgo fixing his own poll, Elon steps down as CEO of Twitter.
FkYPgLtX0AEXPUK

That's great to see, shouldn't really be difficult for takeaways to swap. A lot of fish 'n chip shops have been using the cardboard style boxes for decades and what's wrong with the old fashiones style wooden forks?

On plastic recycling, local councils household recycling schemes needs big improvements. Recycling should be as easy as possible for the average person, however the amount of excluded items which vary's council to council is really poor imo. Things like plastic bags which has to go back to the supermarket in most cases. Everything that 'can' be recycled should be taken by thr council with their kerbside collection to encourage as much recycling as possible.

I'm also not a fan of council's forcing people to split their recycling into separate boxes. It complicates the process for the average person, makes storing it difficilt in the house, multiple bins instead of one large one etc. Mixed recycling in a single bag is just far easier which will encourage more people to recycle. Having to sort it afterwards is a pain I'm sure, but a worthwile one imo.

The flat I live in had no recycling provision, pretty staggering seeing as it was built only 10 years ago. I've been thinking of contacting the owners and asking they provide this provision.

They recently brought in a separate bag, with a velcro lid, for all paper/cardboard recycling by me
Just means every time people put the bins out the wind gets hold and there's bits of paper everywhere for days after, it's mad

[smug]We have wheelie bins, and no sorting for the recycling[/smug]

On the other hand, there's a sneaking suspicion that it all gets sent to the incinerator, rather than recycled at all anyway :(

What kinda peasants are youse without recyling provisions?

We've 3 full wheelie bins - compostables, recycling (excluding glass) and general waste. Some places have an additional glass bin, we don't, we just have to take it to the recycling centres ourselves. Well, not ourselves, clearly we get the butler to do it. Obviously he uses the Jaguar for that, wouldn't want to get the Bentley dirty.

Councils need to take a look at themselves - although saying that - they probably don't have much free money for anything. Sorting that would involve reversing the entropy of bureaucracy.

Latest posts