• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

It boils down whether the expense is "wholly and exclusively incurred for the purposes of the business."

The figures spent are irrelevant.

We've had celebs like Martin Clunes IIRC who tried to claim the cost of hair plug ins as a tax deductible expense but I think got denied and lost his case in the tax tribunal because they couldn't differentiate that there was some personal benefit.

It boils down whether the expense is "wholly and exclusively incurred for the purposes of the business."

The figures spent are irrelevant.

We've had celebs like Martin Clunes IIRC who tried to claim the cost of hair plug ins as a tax deductible expense but I think got denied and lost his case in the tax tribunal because they couldn't differentiate that there was some personal benefit.
Very hard to prove either way tbh, guess it depends on if the person would have had the work done even if they hadn't been on Onlyfans. Again very hard to prove.

Very hard to prove either way tbh, guess it depends on if the person would have had the work done even if they hadn't been on Onlyfans. Again very hard to prove.
It's the bane of tax advisers having to make that judgment in general life and explain to clients and decide whether to make a claim. In the case of an Onlyfans she could directly correlate her boob job to the increase in her income from her business.

Just because of the accountants claim it for hee doesn't mean HMRC won't challenge it. They have 4 years to do so. It's a "case by case" basis and there are so many cases seen my tax tribunals on such claims.

Look forward to see if HMRC do challenge it.

It got me thinking of those YouTube food bloggers and whether the food they try out in their videos is a tax deductible expense.

Some craic seeing some politicians trying to write off personal costs as expenses if that were the metric used!

The country really needs new curtains in my house because otherwise Russian spies could see in - the old ones that I ordered 3 months ago, also as expenses for the exact same reason were not opaque enough.

Some craic seeing some politicians trying to write off personal costs as expenses if that were the metric used!

The country really needs new curtains in my house because otherwise Russian spies could see in - the old ones that I ordered 3 months ago, also as expenses for the exact same reason were not opaque enough.
Politicians like their curtains like their investigations into impropriety, completely opaque.

Musk has replaced the Twitter logo with a Doge image... There is something wrong with him. He keeps having these bouts of idiocy and childish stupidity.

Any primary infrastructure in which proper competition cannot be achieved should be privately owned imo. Gas, electric, water and rail should not be in private hands.
It kinda makes sense but fails in practice. If 'anyone' could simply build a power station and supply to the grid it would make sense but that isn't what happens.

Water and Rail are even more government tendered monopolies.

It kinda makes sense but fails in practice. If 'anyone' could simply build a power station and supply to the grid it would make sense but that isn't what happens.

Water and Rail are even more government tendered monopolies.
Meant to say should be publicly owned where competition cannot be achieved.

Reality is there is almost zero competition for water supply, very little competition for trains there is usually one company per route. Gas and electric there kind of is, but those companies aren't the ones maintaining the infrastructure. They are almost middlemen to create the idea of competition.

Reality is there is almost zero competition for water supply, very little competition for trains there is usually one company per route. Gas and electric there kind of is, but those companies aren't the ones maintaining the infrastructure. They are almost middlemen to create the idea of competition.
For electric and gas I think part the answer is that the National Grid (power station to your home) should be publicly owned as there is no way genuine competition can ever exist (the same for example goes for Openreach as an example) , well done Thatcher and Major on that one. Who in turn should charge through the energy companies to the tax payer for that service. This should be a separate part of your bill and non-variable. The energy companies can then charge what they like for the power they put onto the grid.

Then you'd have actual competition because it would clear as a consumer what you are paying more/less for and why.

Any primary infrastructure in which proper competition cannot be achieved should be privately owned imo. Gas, electric, water and rail should not be in private hands.

All well and good until you run into the problem that you cannot easily sack public body workers. So you end up with a few people working their asses off, and a load of others cruising and a brave few taking the total ****.

All well and good until you run into the problem that you cannot easily sack public body workers. So you end up with a few people working their asses off, and a load of others cruising and a brave few taking the total ****.
You think the people working there currently are working their arses off? We are paying some of the highest rates in the developed world for our services and getting **** poor value for money.

Latest posts