• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Tennis Thread.

Defo staying up for it.

Also, mention of incredible achievement if Novak ends up winning the CYGS on Sunday. More of a Fed fan, but still if Novak manages to pull it off then all credit to him.

I think I heard on the radio they did play each other in the Juniors and Emma did win that one. But this is a whole different level.

Seems to be the way she plays, puts all the pressure on her opponent - it's a joy to watch.

ETA: Both players pulling it back in adversity already, both utterly nerveless.
This is brilliant.

Last edited:
Emma's weight of shot is amazing. Breaks back.

And holds, and breaks again, and that winning shot... F*** me!

How is it possible that she had another gear after that first set - but she's found one, whilst Layleh seem entirely unphased by it, be even if she doesn't have an answer either.

Dare I say that it's reminiscent of a young Federer*, where you think she's playing as well as possible, with nowhere else to go, but then just accelerates away.

*All aboard the hyperbole train, and not as pin-point accurate obviously, or pulling off the impossible shots, but that ability to improve from a massive high

One more game to become US Open champion.

Like Fernandez as well, she's a fighter. But I think Emma's executing that bit better and making fewer errors.

10 matches from qualifying and not dropped a set to win her first Grand slam. And a Brit to that.

That's why I love tennis produces so Many great stories.

Latest posts