• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 'There's no way New Zealand won't get to the Final' Thread

Omg everyones just jinxing it for us lol If I'm gonna be really honest I think South Africa are probably gonna win it again from what I've seen so far. Samoa came pretty close to beating them but I'm sure that wasn't too unexpected after them beating the Wallabies 2 months ago. If the All Blacks don't have any further major injuries than we've got a chance but if someone else goes down like McCaw we're screwed

SA are a shoe-in now, them and England. Nothing can go wrong, the cup is theirs to fight over. Their shaman successfully struck down Carter, the plans are falling into place.

Wow there are some mature guys on here. Having a dig at New Zealand why?.. That's pretty harsh don't you think?. I guess it really is us against the world. Judging from the comments in this thread from you guys, it seems we'd be the very last team you'd want to win. I wouldn't care if SA, Wales or Ireland won, I'd obviously be gutted we didn't but I wouldn't hate on another country for doing so. Why all the envy?

Wow there are some mature guys on here. Having a dig at New Zealand why?.. That's pretty harsh don't you think?. I guess it really is us against the world. Judging from the comments in this thread from you guys, it seems we'd be the very last team you'd want to win. I wouldn't care if SA, Wales or Ireland won, I'd obviously be gutted we didn't but I wouldn't hate on another country for doing so. Why all the envy?
It always has been and always will be us against the world that's just because we're always at the top and like most sports everyone wants to be the team to beat the best. Like you say most NZ'ers would be gutted if we lost but we dont' go around hating on the teams that win.

In League Australia have dominated for so many years and for us to be the Rugby League Champions is very rare but at the end of the day we know that Australia are still the best League players in the world without a doubt

If the AB's don't win, I would want to see Ireland or Wales to do it, mainly cause their fans seem to be the ones least likely to rub it in our faces.

If the AB's don't win, I would want to see Ireland or Wales to do it, mainly cause their fans seem to be the ones least likely to rub it in our faces.
Yeah they have awesome fans better than ours I reckon because when were winning we love our All Blacks but when we start losing we hate on them so badly. Welsh and Irish fans support their team win or lose I wish we were more like that but Nz have too much expectations so it puts alot of pressure on our team

You reckon? They would be the worst. They would act as if they were the best ever, gods gift lol. Forgetting they haven't beaten NZ ever or in more than 50 years.

I'm backing the Aussies, if they win they may be big headed and cocky, but they're big headed and cocky anyway, its just being Australian. Plus at least we could easily go visit Bill if we want.

Hell i'm thinking of moving to Aussie soon any way, ill just claim to be one of them!!!

Last edited:
Heard of a term called 'proffesionalism'?

I haven't actually. Is that the dunces equivalent of the term 'professionalism'?
You know, I'm shocked quite frankly. When I read that a post had been written by the esteemed "j-dawg" I expected a certain calibre of academic quality.

You reckon? They would be the worst. They would act as if they were the best ever, gods gift lol. Forgetting they haven't beaten NZ ever or in more than 50 years.

I'll actually disagree with you on that one. I don't believe many of them would do that at all. While I'm sure that some might perhaps, it would just be another case of noticing the vocal minority.

Lol, All I can say is, regardless of who wins, [besides us], they will rub it in our faces.

I'd love Ireland or Wales to win (obviously prefer us to).
Wales would be great because they really love rugby and have never won a world cup.
Ireland would be great because nobody really gave them much of a chance until the Aussie game, and since moving to England all my mates are Irish.

Simply put, the other 14 players on the field have to step up to compensate for Carter's loss, especially the 8 forwards up front. Slade has not played along side Weepu, so I think he will provide the extra tactical kicking option along side Slade and Dagg in the back line. Will be interesting to see if Mills is brought in due to his experience.

I'll actually disagree with you on that one. I don't believe many of them would do that at all. While I'm sure that some might perhaps, it would just be another case of noticing the vocal minority.

The only reason why they aren't cocky at the moment is because they haven't won anything! Mark my words, they will be terrible.
We don't have anything to worry about because it most likely won't happen.

I'd still rather them win then South Africa though to be honest, I have a natural dis-likening to South Africans lol

Also didn't you see the Irish talking it up after the aussie win, times it by 1000. They actually love mocking us about losing too.

Last edited:
chill, this thread is a joke.

Seriously though, I cannot see NZ losing this. Collin Slade is better than Dan Carter as well, so if they lose (which will not happen) they can't say "we lost Dan Carter". But they wont need to say that because they are going to make the final. End of story. Period.

Now you know how we feel ;)

The way I see it (chances):

NZ 40% - best team for the last 2 years and have had the best showing at the cup so far
Wales 13%- the form NH team IMO; Ireland and France/England are tough matches but doable and then anything can happen..
SA 12%- still a far cry from our best but still improving and a tough pool should have us ready for the tough road ahead
Aus 10% - face the same tough road as SA but I think this RWC is a year too early and have depth issues IMO
England 10% - in good form and have traditionally been able to lift their game in RWC play-offs
Ireland 10% - have shown they can and have been improving; might be the dark horse
France 5% - not too keen on their chances after terrible displays in the pool stages but if anyone can turn around in a moment it's France
Argentina

I notice from your Join Date that you weren't around at the time of the Ireland Grandslam :p

The way I see it (chances):

NZ 40% - best team for the last 2 years and have had the best showing at the cup so far
Wales 13%- the form NH team IMO; Ireland and France/England are tough matches but doable and then anything can happen..
SA 12%- still a far cry from our best but still improving and a tough pool should have us ready for the tough road ahead
Aus 10% - face the same tough road as SA but I think this RWC is a year too early and have depth issues IMO
England 10% - in good form and have traditionally been able to lift their game in RWC play-offs
Ireland 10% - have shown they can and have been improving; might be the dark horse
France 5% - not too keen on their chances after terrible displays in the pool stages but if anyone can turn around in a moment it's France
Argentina

Not too different from my mind but think you've rated NZ too high, SA too low and Ireland too low.
England, Aussie, France, Wales seem about right.
Argentina also should have 1%.

Latest posts