• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 'There's no way New Zealand won't get to the Final' Thread

I think no matter who wins we'll get an influx of one-post wonders rubbing everyones faces in it :p

I can see it now, I'll be hunting the referee down who disallowed Ma'a Nonu's match winning try because his name was Wayne Barnes, lol...

You heard it here first.

Lol, All I can say is, regardless of who wins, [besides us], they will rub it in our faces.
Yup same thing used to happen to Spain every football World Cup and happens to England the should of team.

Ireland will get to the final, as of course will the ABs. New Zealand will be winning 6-0, thanks to two Colin Slade penalties. After 81 minutes Slade smacks the ball out thinking that time is up. Wayne Barnes' watch batteries have gone dead, and his timepiece still shows 78 minutes. Wayne Barnes signals an Irish lineout 10 metres from the All Black line, to the horror of the players in black shirts. The Irish catch and drive and the maul crashes over the All Black line, but the ball can't be seen.

Wayne Barnes goes upstairs and asks: "Is there any reason why New Zealand shouldn't be awarded the World Cup?"
Kaplan replies : "Confirm posing of tertiary question?"
Barnes: "Confirm posing of said question."

Kaplan studies the tapes. Under the arms of Cian Healy is a pale oval object, clearly squirming over the slippery Eden Park try-line and having downward pressure being exerted on it by Irish arms. What the world was in fact watching was Paul O'Connell's head being grounded; the position of the rugby ball at this juncture was never established. Kaplan and the global tv audience watch the suspect oval object passing over the line again and again.
Kaplan has reached a decision: "There is no reason why New Zealand should be awarded the world cup based on what I've seen."
Barnes: "Thank you, Jonathan." Barnes blows for the try. Sexton hooks the conversion slightly, but the Irish fans who had congregated in the west stand all huff and puff together and somehow push the ball just inside the upright. The world cup goes to Ireland.

One enigmatic question remains in RWC New Zealand 2011: Who should the NZ public blame for the final defeat?
A) The Irish supporters in the west stand
B Wayne Barnes' poor position for viewing the maul
C) Wayne Barnes' watch battery
D) Wayne Barnes' use of the feared tertiary question
E) The shape and complexion of Paul O'Connell's head.

F) A CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE ALL BLACKS!

Joking aside, HILARIOUS post. Hats off to you, sir.

NZ not making it to the final? Yea right... Whats next? Something breaking the speed of light!!! HAHA, unlikely. NZ have got this in the bag.
I loved the way you said that, Because recently that was a neutron/atom ( i think it was ) That was discovered and is faster than the speed the light.
This also opens the possibility up of time travel but this is not a science forum so ill leave it at that.

I loved the way you said that, Because recently that was a neutron/atom ( i think it was ) That was discovered and is faster than the speed the light.
_proxy

Ireland will get to the final, as of course will the ABs. New Zealand will be winning 6-0, thanks to two Colin Slade penalties. After 81 minutes Slade smacks the ball out thinking that time is up. Wayne Barnes' watch batteries have gone dead, and his timepiece still shows 78 minutes. Wayne Barnes signals an Irish lineout 10 metres from the All Black line, to the horror of the players in black shirts. The Irish catch and drive and the maul crashes over the All Black line, but the ball can't be seen.

Wayne Barnes goes upstairs and asks: "Is there any reason why New Zealand shouldn't be awarded the World Cup?"
Kaplan replies : "Confirm posing of tertiary question?"
Barnes: "Confirm posing of said question."

Kaplan studies the tapes. Under the arms of Cian Healy is a pale oval object, clearly squirming over the slippery Eden Park try-line and having downward pressure being exerted on it by Irish arms. What the world was in fact watching was Paul O'Connell's head being grounded; the position of the rugby ball at this juncture was never established. Kaplan and the global tv audience watch the suspect oval object passing over the line again and again.
Kaplan has reached a decision: "There is no reason why New Zealand should be awarded the world cup based on what I've seen."
Barnes: "Thank you, Jonathan." Barnes blows for the try. Sexton hooks the conversion slightly, but the Irish fans who had congregated in the west stand all huff and puff together and somehow push the ball just inside the upright. The world cup goes to Ireland.

One enigmatic question remains in RWC New Zealand 2011: Who should the NZ public blame for the final defeat?
A) The Irish supporters in the west stand
B Wayne Barnes' poor position for viewing the maul
C) Wayne Barnes' watch battery
D) Wayne Barnes' use of the feared tertiary question
E) The shape and complexion of Paul O'Connell's head.

:lol: Ireland in the final!

;)

chill, this thread is a joke.

Seriously though, I cannot see NZ losing this. Collin Slade is better than Dan Carter as well, so if they lose (which will not happen) they can't say "we lost Dan Carter". But they wont need to say that because they are going to make the final. End of story. Period.

Collin Slade better than Dan Carter... You are right it must be a joke. Personally i think Dan Carter's injury is the saddest thing that has happened at this RWC.I was really looking forward to seeing him play in these knockouts. The man maybe... NO is the best flyhalf that ever played the game. His abilities with the boot and vision at the back are far superior to that of any player of our time.

The fact that he is out is a massive indent in the attacking play of the All Blacks... In a world cup your kicker does unfortunately stand out as most World Cups are won with the boot.... Joel Stransky, Johny Wilkinson dropgoals proves this.Even South Africa's previous win came of penalties being slotted. Does Colin Slade have the same big match temperament that DC??? I think not.

The fact of the matter is that World Cup knockout games are not played in space,setpieces rule,defence and obedience to the rules are what win the world cup.

Last edited:

Latest posts