• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ukraine War thread

Of course it's not going to happen. I am 100% certain we will never see Putin on trial for war crimes. Maybe convicted in absentia, but that does very little.
Yep I think we all do. Gordon Brown either being naive or just giving false hope.

Putin will never be arrested and I'm sure Brown knows that. All this talk is essentially a travel ban and a message that he'll spend the rest of his days in Russia or one of it's few allies.

Maybe he'll "fall out of a window"
Historically Russians poison those they want to assassinate as we have seen. It'll have to be someone in his inner circle as he's so well protected and I am sure all his food and drink is tested before he consumes it.

Historically Russians poison those they want to assassinate as we have seen. It'll have to be someone in his inner circle as he's so well protected and I am sure all his food and drink is tested before he consumes it.
For the last year though, they've found that windows are much cheaper.

If Putin goes though, it'll be a coup; so poison would be unlikely - it'll be guns, windows, or lynching.

For the last year though, they've found that windows are much cheaper.

If Putin goes though, it'll be a coup; so poison would be unlikely - it'll be guns, windows, or lynching.
I don't know what you are talking about, none of the Russians who fell out of windows were assassinated, they all just happened to have unfortunate accidents.

I appreciate that it's the norm for people to be bumped off in Russia but would they seriously let it happen to their head of state without some face saving story? I imagine the official line would be that he died of natural causes and any assassination would be covered up so that their secret service and internal security didn't appear weak.

A JFK type incident involving a sniper would be a good way for him to go but I imagine that's more likely to happen while he's outside of Russia.

I appreciate that it's the norm for people to be bumped off in Russia but would they seriously let it happen to their head of state without some face saving story? I imagine the official line would be that he died of natural causes and any assassination would be covered up so that their secret service and internal security didn't appear weak.

A JFK type incident involving a sniper would be a good way for him to go but I imagine that's more likely to happen while he's outside of Russia.
I thought falling out a window was an 'accident'. Seems perfectly innocuous to me.

I thought falling out a window was an 'accident'. Seems perfectly innocuous to me.

If only they had those high risk windows at No.10 Downing street during Johnson's reign.

In Blackadder 3 there was no electorate in Dunny-on-the-wold after the last voter very sadly accidentally brutally cut off his head while combing his hair but I guess Putin is struggling in that regard.

Last edited:
Trying to garner public support? Like when they bombed their own tower blocks and blamed the Chechens?

Trying to garner public support? Like when they bombed their own tower blocks and blamed the Chechens?
Yeh difficult not to be cynical. Putin playing the victim card and he's exhausted any sympathy in the west. Plus review of footage of drones by experts saying not drones used by Ukraine.

Do you mean Ryazan? "Ryazan's sugar"? It's a conspiracy though.
A friend of mine dropped me a message in the early morning that he woke up because of an explosion (apparently air defence"work").
Had a lot of stress in the morning... while everyone is pretty relaxed. Stressing all the time for my Ukrainian relatives,now for my Russian friends and relatives as well... while they are all like "everything is ok,why do you stress". Nuclear complex is already in Belarus, and I'm stressed just because I live in 3 hours by car from the Polish-Belarussian border... don't know if it's me who's weird or my relatives who are weird

Aren't they designed to justify further action on Ukraine though?
Too a point but the big thing Putin's regime has always promised it's population is security. The attacks on the Kremlin, the incursion to Belograd and now another drone attack in Moscow? The city that boasts a better air defence than Israel? That makes the Kremlin look weak and a little incompetent. That's not how the Putin regime ever wants to be viewed.

Too a point but the big thing Putin's regime has always promised it's population is security. The attacks on the Kremlin, the incursion to Belograd and now another drone attack in Moscow? The city that boasts a better air defence than Israel? That makes the Kremlin look weak and a little incompetent. That's not how the Putin regime ever wants to be viewed.
So you're saying it is Ukraine flying drones and hitting residential targets within Moscow (when experts are doubting this) and Putin's regime air defence is just crap? If not what other nation or group within Russia would have the capability?

So you're saying it is Ukraine flying drones and hitting residential targets within Moscow (when experts are doubting this) and Putin's regime air defence is just crap? If not what other nation or group within Russia would have the capability?
No, I just said it doesn't sound like a false flag from the Kremlin. Who flew the drones into the Kremlin the other week and the apartment building today I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

The drone strike I thought it sounded like a false flag.

Hasn't Russia always said that if their country is attacked it would escalate their response in Ukraine?

Like a reason for the Russians to amplify their offensive or use more damaging weapons?

Latest posts