• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ulster Thread

Dempsey was merely an example of the profile of coach they could look at. He's out of contract at the end of this season.

Eddie O'Sullivan hasn't had a job as head coach of a pro team since leaving ProD2 team Biarritz 2 1/2 years ago. He managed just over 1 season there. If that's the profile Ulster are looking at, they're in big trouble.

Jim Mallinder could be a good shout as a candidate. Things ended badly for him at Northampton but his track record up until a couple of seaosns ago was very good.

What are the chances Brian McLaughlin gets a call?

I remember at the time saying ulster should go in for Cockers when he was looking for a club, and the Ulster fans shat all over it saying no way basically.

Honestly would've been perfect for them.

Like the English soccer team changing managers after every dismal world cup failure, changing the head coach is just refreshing the figurehead at the top of a pyramid of failures.

A new coach won't sort it.

A new DOR (as we conventionally know) won't sort it.

A new academy head won't sort it.

It needs a complete root and branch reexamination and fixing of everything from the club minis right up to the professional senior team.

Could one single person do it? I don't think so - the job is too big and far reaching. Will the branch even allow a team of people the freedom to sort it? I doubt it - turkeys don't vote for christmas - among the first moves would be making most of the old branch school ties irrelevant and redundant.

"ONE MORE YEAR" Hopefully Rory wins more than one game in this one for you guys. If he keeps his international streak up we won't give a **** though!

"ONE MORE YEAR" Hopefully Rory wins more than one game in this one for you guys. If he keeps his international streak up we won't give a **** though!
I think Rory will be dealing with it like his Welsh counterpart. Use the club to make sure he's peaking for green and not the other way around. Not saying he won't care about Ulster but RWC19 is his final project

I wouldn't blame him for not giving two fiddlers fks about the long drawn out car crash that is Ulster.

I wouldn't blame him for not giving two fiddlers fks about the long drawn out car crash that is Ulster.
Think it's more that project is more than 1 year. He knows the need to play others in that position is important.

Good news. Doubt he sees much game time for Ulster next season other than interpros and Challenge Cup games. The contract has Ireland and the World Cup in mind, not Ulster's plight.

Good news. Doubt he sees much game time for Ulster next season other than interpros and Challenge Cup games. The contract has Ireland and the World Cup in mind, not Ulster's plight.

You think we'll make the challenge cup?

At this rate, with our run in....

So, the #TopShaggers have been cleared. Wonder how (if) they'll fit back in.

They'll probably be given the rest of the season off and report back for training in the summer but told to ease up on the partying.

I reckon they'll get out of Dodge. I can't see either wanting to remain in Belfast regardless of whether they're allowed. Swapping PJ for Maddog would be the dream.

If they were smart they'd get out ASAP and I'm sure the IRFU wouldn't have an issue letting them go.

I could see Olding's career being done, not an amazing player coupled with bad press and a bad injury record isn't enticing. Jackson is one of the top 10-15 out halves in world rugby at worst and will go for a fraction of his playing value.

Rumours are this isn't finished with by quiet a bit in IRFU eyes. They see the lads as being an issue and are now starting their own investigation. Can see 2 boys going to France

I'd say it's extremely unlikely that either will ever pull on an Ulster shirt again. Religious component is still a factor up here, and with those whatsapp messages - it really doesn't look good for them. I agree with munstermuffin, would put money on them going to France at the end of the season.

Also, within around 2 hours of the verdict, there was ~25,000 tweets of '#IStillBelieveHer'. Doubt they'll be able to walk around Belfast without negative attention for a long time.

There were rumours swirling over the last couple of months that Paddy Jackson could be off to Exeter once acquitted. I've no idea how valid they are.

If they are to play for Ulster again, it won't be until next season when the media storm dies down.

There were rumours swirling over the last couple of months that Paddy Jackson could be off to Exeter once acquitted. I've no idea how valid they are.

If they are to play for Ulster again, it won't be until next season when the media storm dies down.
Supposedly it has been reported both men are in talks with various clubs in France and England.
They will never get reprieve in Ulster fully due to the #stuff and all that. I don't know what happened that night and hope for all that justice has prevailed however we have to respect the courts and they have found these lads to have no guilt. So in eyes of law Paddy Jackson has no criminal record.

It was a case that was never going to have any winners but I do hope the lads do get treated according to their records which are clean.

If it's not until next season these guys get back playing then that might be fair as I'm sure the mental toll these guys have undertaken the last few weeks must have knocked alot out of them

Latest posts