• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ulster Thread

Yeah that's why i didn't include him. His situation is pretty fluid - if he isn't in the Australian reckoning i'd say he takes a big payday contract in France/England!

You'd at least hope to sign a few more sizeable signings post world cup as it seems like UR are clearing the books a bit!

If this were two years ago I'd be aghast.

But given Edinburgh's pack have discovered a set of balls, I'm happy enough that this is the case.

If this were two years ago I'd be aghast.

But given Edinburgh's pack have discovered a set of balls, I'm happy enough that this is the case.
Given Dan McFarland was Scotland's forwards coach, he'd have a fair bit of dealing with Grant. If he's looking to employ him, it's fair to say he was impressed with the work he was doing.

All ulster need now is a solid tight 5. Genuinely if they get that and a top 10 it could be a serious outfit.

Not surprised at Dundon - our scrum has been a major weakness when Marty Moore isn't playing and it has shown no signs of progressing over the past couple of years.

Marcell Coetzee - 3 more years. :cool:

Delighted, really thought he'd be gone at the end of the season to France.

Not quite the player that arrived 3 years ago, understandably, but a vital part of our backrow.

So in what will come as an enormous shock to literally no one... Jack McGrath is confirmed by the IRFU as heading up the road to us lot for next season.

With word filtering back down the motorway all the time about how much more craic ye can have up here rather than having to put up with the D4 bunch - its only a matter of time before the rest of yer good players decide to head up too. :cool:

So in what will come as an enormous shock to literally no one... Jack McGrath is confirmed by the IRFU as heading up the road to us lot for next season.

With word filtering back down the motorway all the time about how much more craic ye can have up here rather than having to put up with the D4 bunch - its only a matter of time before the rest of yer 3rd choice players decide to head up too. :cool:
Fixed it for you.

He's a good signing for Ulster. Obviously a very talented player and I'm sorry to see him leave Leinster. Let's hope he can help bring Eric O'Sullivan up a notch too because the younger player has shown huge improvement as the season has progressed.

I'm adding Jack McGrath to my list of reasons why I want the Lions scrapped anyway. Hope he revitalises his career up there, Ulster should be looking at winning a trophy in the next few seasons.

He's gone from a Test Lion to third choice for his club in less than 2 years, you can hardly blame him for trying to turn things around.

Not long until Ulster will be able to field a pack made up entirely of former Leinster players.

Funny that after all the time I spent saying that Ed Byrne or Dooley should go North this happens.

Not long until Ulster will be able to field a pack made up entirely of former Leinster players.

Just looking a hooker I think...

1. McGrath (O'Sullivan is ex-Leinster academy anyway)
2. ANOther
3. Moore
4. O'Connor (ex-Leinster sub-academy) or Jack Regan (ex-Leinster academy)
5. Nagle
6. Jones (ex-Leinster academy) or Clive Ross (AIL - Lansdowne)
7. Murphy
8. Timoney

Last edited:
Bill Johnston confirmed as having seen the light and headed up the road.

Yep - could be a great move for everyone (except maybe Michael Lowry and Billy Burns).

Very talented player who should have been given more of a shot at his native province. He can push Billy Burns out of the 10 jersey pretty quickly I reckon.

Aaron Sexton set the schoolboy records for 100 and 200m today.

Ran a 10.43 and a 20.69 respectively.

Aaron Sexton set the schoolboy records for 100 and 200m today.

Ran a 10.43 and a 20.69 respectively.
Very excited to see how he does next season. Between him, Stockdale and Baloucoune Ulster are churning out wingers at the moment.

Latest posts