• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The unTRFies!

M

Mr. Laxative

Guys,

I have a proposal. I have been thinking about if for some time and have finally decided that we should have the unTRFies awards. Basically, as the name suggests it may be used for sattire, true compliments or to express dislike for a certain character in the world. Also, as it is the unTRFies no TRF member should be nominated for an award... of course Los Lover could still be nominated.

We can have awards to do with music, sport, entertainment, politics, etc. Of course to get this up and running, I think we'd need the approval of Dan and Charlie (?) and some ideas for categories.

I propose that this should be held every four months, so we could call it: The Official Three Times a Year unTRFies. Or something similar.

So tell us what you think and start proposing prospective categories!!! Let's get this going by August!

Sound not too bad, but one every four months?
The TRFies are chaotic as it is, and take long enough for the staff to deal with - this would be madness.

Plus what happens when it overlaps with the TRFies?

I believe it may make the TRFies that little less bit special.

No, I don't think it will, well maybe one in say March and another in September of each year. That is in effect half yearly and hopefully shouldn't overlap MUCH with the TRFies. What's more it is unlikely to make the TRFies special as the awards can not be given to members of TRF and acts more like a joke or parody, a sattirical award if you like.

No, I don't think it will, well maybe one in say March and another in September of each year. That is in effect half yearly and hopefully shouldn't overlap MUCH with the TRFies. What's more it is unlikely to make the TRFies special as the awards can not be given to members of TRF and acts more like a joke or parody, a sattirical award if you like. [/b]

How about "Least well thought-out Rugby vs Football argument"...I think admin has just deleted the undoubted winner.

Again... this can have nothing to do with TRF, not even threads... [/b]

I still think it's valid....that was the worst argument there'll ever be either on here or anywhere else in the world ever.

SB

I suppose... now that it no longer exists - similar to Los Lover - the thread in question can now be nominated. Anyway, how about some more feedback, idea expansions and categories.

As Rugby_Cymru said, it would be an awful lot of extra work for all the staff. I'm not sure if people realise just how much needs doing sometimes, especially at busy periods such as big international tournaments or the release of a new rugby game.

It's not a bad idea, I'm just not sure it would be worth all the extra organisation. By the time the actual TRFies came around, all the staff would be sick of having to organise the awards.

^^ Still, I doubt there will be any objection from Admin if members decided to do their own nominations and awards. Why don't you try and take the leaad Mr Lax?

I was going to suggest that. Of course, I would need some support. Even I, realise how much time this would take and with the way things are in terms of work at the moment I won't have all the time necessary to do this... I could lead it though.

Latest posts