• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the worst kicker

<div class='quotemain'>
I dont have any "huge inaccuracies" its just your opninion on Parks. Im a Scot and Paterson is second best to Parks at 10. Paterson has played there a couple of time and it was a f***ing disaster, like being taken off after 20 minutes against NZ, his kicking from hand is poor aswell. Parks every time for me.
[/b]

No, it is a huge inaccuracy. And it isn't my opinion on Parks, its the opinion of most Scots. Paterson has only been given a couple of chances at number ten, they wern't all were a "f***ing disaster". Matt Williams simply wanted as negative game plan as possible and thus, Dan Parks fitted that plan perfectly and thus Paterson never got a proper chance at fly-half that he should of. This was a coach by the way who loved to tell the Scottish team how crap they were and how they all had to play within their limits. Quite possibly the worst era for Scotland in the last 20 years and Parks is a relic of that.

Paterson is a very versatile player and superior to Parks in every department (not that it would take much to be better than Parks in every department mind you).
[/b][/quote]

:lol: I was one of the daft Scots who thought Williams was starting to do a good job before he was sacked. Parks didnt play at 10 in 04, which was Scotlands worst year. It was Laney,Paterson and Ross. When he played in 2005 Scotland improved considerably.

Anyway by no means am i saying that Parks is a great player, i just think he is more dependable than Patersn in that position. Paterson is a better runner and goal kicker but neither are particularily physical.

I just disagree. You were one of the few daft Scots who thought Williams was starting to do a good job. The guy seriously approached Scotland from the wrong angle and he ended up sending player morale to the sea bed through the way he talked to and about the players. I think when Hadden got the job, it was the first time a Scotland coach had actually spoke about his team in positive terms and talking about what they could acheive instead of talking about limits and restrictions and playing within one's abilities and other demeaning weasel words.

And Parks is what is left of that age. I think Scotland are far better off under Hadden than they would ever had been with Williams. I probably would have shed a tear to see Williams talking smack about his own team because they were so downtrodden and demoralised and as a result crashed out of the group stages.

on his day Andre Pretorius can be a brilliant destroyer of south african hopes.

I just disagree. You were one of the few daft Scots who thought Williams was starting to do a good job. The guy seriously approached Scotland from the wrong angle and he ended up sending player morale to the sea bed through the way he talked to and about the players. I think when Hadden got the job, it was the first time a Scotland coach had actually spoke about his team in positive terms and talking about what they could acheive instead of talking about limits and restrictions and playing within one's abilities and other demeaning weasel words.

And Parks is what is left of that age. I think Scotland are far better off under Hadden than they would ever had been with Williams. I probably would have shed a tear to see Williams talking smack about his own team because they were so downtrodden and demoralised and as a result crashed out of the group stages.
[/b]

At the time though i didnt know that he told the players to accept they were crap. Now like every other Scotland fan i think he is a twat.

Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. With Rangers losing tonight i dont have the strength to argue. <_<

At the time though i didnt know that he told the players to accept they were crap. Now like every other Scotland fan i think he is a twat.

Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. With Rangers losing tonight i dont have the strength to argue. <_<
[/b]

That we shall! It is nice that we can gabber on for hours like Clarkson and Hammond over something which almost nobody else outside of Scotland cares about :cheers:

Frederic Michalak. Before that horror 2003 Semi Final he was fine, but it seems that iafter that loss it's taken it's toll on his kicking game and his place kicking.

Frederic Michalak. Before that horror 2003 Semi Final he was fine, but it seems that iafter that loss it's taken it's toll on his kicking game and his place kicking.
[/b]

Good point, before that semi in 2003 he couldnt miss. Now his kicking in general is poor.

He still has the skill but just lacks confidence.

<div class='quotemain'>
Ronan o'gara
[/b]

what are you smoking?
share please
[/b][/quote]

yea "lean.rs72" please pass that Haterade this way..

surely you mean jeremy staunton or mike hercus

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I always thought Carlos was a pretty good tactical kicker but his Goal kicking is average at best [/b]

About right. On a good day he'll knock 'em over from anywhere for fun. With his eyes closed. On a bad day he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

And yet he was still better then Wilkinson.
[/b][/quote]

Your right. Watch the 2003 Crusaders-Blues game. Carlos deliberately put the ball down at the very right side of the in goal area (next to the touchline) for a try just for fun. Walked backed placed it and slotted it from the worst angle possible for a right footer.

[/b][/quote]

This one???

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdpuh4y0lpw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdpuh4y0lpw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
[/b][/quote]

That's what happens if you f*** with the King, he'll come down to your stadium and bring the thunder...

Although that was probably the last great Spencer game (Not quite as good as the drubbing he handed the Crusaders a year earlie though), at least on NZ Shores. He was on fire that night, apart from the Lions game it was all downhill from there.

Dan Parks rarley finds touch, he is flakey otherwise.
His goal kicking, I prefer either Chris Paterson or Gordon Ross at 10 for Scotland.
Phil Godman is playing well also.

Dan Parks rarley finds touch, he is flakey otherwise.
His goal kicking, I prefer either Chris Paterson or Gordon Ross at 10 for Scotland.
Phil Godman is playing well also. [/b]

please not godman!

Parks, when he is on form, is the best Scotland have.

Unfortunatly he hasnt been on form much the last few weeks (missed touch near enough every time against Biarritz - heaping pressure on our defence)

Mossy would have been good at 10, however he was never given the chance to play there and subsequently lacks the quality needed for Scotland.

<div class='quotemain'> Dan Parks rarley finds touch, he is flakey otherwise.

please not godman!

Unfortunatly he hasnt been on form much the last few weeks (missed touch near enough every time against Biarritz - heaping pressure on our defence)

Mossy would have been good at 10, however he was never given the chance to play there and subsequently lacks the quality needed for Scotland.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed Godman is shite. He played well last weekend but remember what happened when he last played for Scotland in the 6n against Italy? he was the one who threw two of the passes that led to Italys intercept tries. Also he is very dodgy with the boot, like away at Leinster a fortnight ago, he missed more than he was successful with.

<div class='quotemain'>

please not godman!

[/b][/quote]

Agreed Godman is shite. He played well last weekend but remember what happened when he last played for Scotland in the 6n against Italy? he was the one who threw two of the passes that led to Italys intercept tries. Also he is very dodgy with the boot, like away at Leinster a fortnight ago, he missed more than he was successful with.
[/b][/quote]

actually to be fair to the man, i think Cusiter was behind one of those passes.

Godman had the kick charged down though. :%#%#:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

please not godman!

Ah thats right, umtimately though Godman conceded two stupid tries. He's a flop and not international standard.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

actually to be fair to the man, i think Cusiter was behind one of those passes.

Godman had the kick charged down though. :%#%#:
[/b][/quote]

Ah thats right, ultimately though Godman conceded two stupid tries. He's a flop and not international standard.

internationally... Hodgson.. couldnt take the pressure,
or Skrela... bring back Yachvilli!!!!

Latest posts