• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the worst kicker

internationally... Hodgson.. couldnt take the pressure,
or Skrela... bring back Yachvilli!!!! [/b]

Logan and Catt fall into that group. simply couldn't kick goals under presure.

agreed. When it came to playing outside wilko, catt was awesome. But his kicking was always poor. Just read his book and its clear he never spent clearly enough time on penalties and conversions as kickers like Paterson and Montgomery.

I played in a game recently and our fly-half missed 7 out of 7 conversion attempts :wacko:

I reckon Charlie Hogdson when he got a regular starting position during the six nations wilko was injured he set the bar for craptatstic Kicking ability

I played in a game recently and our fly-half missed 7 out of 7 conversion attempts :wacko: [/b]
All from the sideline with swirling gale-force winds? Or from in front...?

stephen jones probably has to be the worst kicker in international rugby, and Dan Parks isn't even the main kicker in the Scotland squad.

stephen jones probably has to be the worst kicker in international rugby, and Dan Parks isn't even the main kicker in the Scotland squad. [/b]

Thats how bad he is!

David Bortolussi.... Ramiro Pez.... any other italian flyhalf. Italy loses most of their games because they have nobody who can kick a goddamn ball.

Michalak. His boot kick is weak :( I'd like to see Beauxis with the blue jersey on his shoulders again :)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
My god.

Nobody has mentioned the dark destroyer....

...of Scotland's hopes and dreams.

Dan...

...Parks.
[/b]

Didnt he only miss 1 kick in the world cup? :blink: [/b][/quote]

No, that was Chris Patterson as he did about 95% of the kicks for Scotland during the RWC. Seriously, the guy is reviled throughout Scotland, his name is cursed to the heavens. The guy just kicks..badly. He only has two weapons in his reportoire: hoof it miles inaccurately or crossfield kick it. And thats it. Nothing else. The guy is a relic of Matt Williams' nightmare of a reign.
[/b][/quote]

You have several inaccuracies here, the first is Paterson had a 100% record; 17 from 17. Parks slotted all his kicks in the game against Portugal and missed 1 out of 2 long distance against Argentina,hardly a disgrace.

I agree Parks is a bit one dimensional but he is a hell of a kicker, i feel much safer with him clearing the ball than any other Scotland player. He's extremely accurate, well has been this year anyway.
[/b][/quote]

While I do like Paterson, I definitely have to go with Parks on this one.

I think stephen Jones with his strange kicking style is a prety bad goal kicker the amount of times he consistently hits the post is comical

In all seriousness, David Holwell is the most pathetic excuse for a kicker I have ever seen. Just watch a Hurricanes game...

Latest posts