Those Crazy Sidhe Guys...........

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by NZL Fan, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would welcome them back so they could hopefully take on board some of the very legitimate comments made on this forum. If you think I want them to come back so I can abuse them by slagging their game then im afraid you are very wrong.

You really need to get a grip my friend, you are going out on a limb in defense of Sidhe now and that limb is about to drop off !

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. I haven't played the game so I can't really give an honest opinion but, I must say it doesn't sound very good indeed.

I didn't want to get it even before it was released.

4. Parore

Parore Guest

Yeah its me

5. doovepop

doovepop Guest

yeah i said "oh, someone an't happy today(referring to sidhe)
    and they deleted it.
    lol

6. doovepop

doovepop Guest

yeah check this thread out
    http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread....highlight=mario

7. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mario
    Well, I have the answer. Mario has 500 pms and can't receive any more because his mailbox is full.
    HAHAHAH so who won???????

I like the above bit posted by Mario. Certainly answers why he left trf... " PMS "

8. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Haha I didn't know there was a numerical scale for PMS.

9. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

I kind of like this recent post on the SIDHE forums......................funnily enough Mario hasn't replied to this one either...............

Originally posted by Roaddhogg............

Quote:
    I'm not going to provide subjective opinions on competitors products.

Quote:
    Just to correct your factual error, RL2 includes a Franchise Mode, detailed customisation and editing, and online. Rugby 2005 does not.

"Whilst I, personally, in no way agree with the views expressed by those who feel that Rugby League 2 is inferior to Rugby 2005, I have to take exception with your posts. You claimed that you would not "provide subjective opinions on competitors [sic] products", which seems like a genuine and impartial thing to do in this situation. However, merely a few posts later you far from implicitly stated that Rugby 2005 does not incorporate "detailed" customisation and editing. I'd care to suggest that the aforementioned adjective does indeed make that segment of your post subjective - one's expectation of a "detailed" system may be either higher or lower to someone else's".

"Generally, I feel that your posts are spot on. However, with this instance, I'd recommend that you don't contradict yourself if you don't want to undermine your credibility. You may claim that you don't care for other board users' opinions (not saying you do), but after all we are a section of the public purchasing the product that you developed"

10. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

This recently from the SIDHE website.........

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John Monie

So,would there be any chance of making the players respond better in a patch?

Mario: "Unsure at this point".

Does this mean that Mario, after numerous denials and claims of people having problems due to not being able to master/play the game properly, actually admits that there is a control problem???

Good on him if it is, but why oh why wasn't this picked up by the testers and then fixed prior to release?? It can't be a money issue as it seems they are considering spending extra time/money making a patch........(which is no good for console users who make up the majority).

Also how bad was the gameplay prior to the extra time SIDHE took to tweak things??

No doubt the game is still playable, but it could have been so much better.......

11. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Maybe they played the PC version and screwed the programming afterwards and now the controls are terrible... maybe?

12. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Would be good if he did... His general response to player responsiveness complaints is "in the first one people complained that players were too responsive and didn't move realistically"
    This I think is either bullshit or stupidity on sidhe's part, as without a doubt what people were complaining about in RL1 was the tendancy for players to look like the were on ice skates when moving and always doing circles when turning around...

13. Of course Mario realises the players are unresponsive. It would take 0 time to prove that to him aided by a copy of WCR, Rugby 2005, Lomu, etc.

He obviously isnt going to come out and say there is a noted problem with their game as thats the kind of guy he is. When we went to Swordfish Trevor told both me and lox to tell him if we thought it was **** and you could tell he really meant it. Theres no way Mario would ever say that to someone who went to view his game, Im pretty sure if you said to him thats crap you wouldnt be in the building for long. I think that attitude has been proved to the way he has responded quite arrogantly to some of the negative feedback with classics like " Well go get a refund ".

FWIW I think even the people who love it wouldnt refuse more control over your players if offered it.

How easy it would be to tweak the control remains to be seen though. We arnt privvy to the dynamics of the engine and it may just not be able to handle smooth control like R05 or WCR.

14. doovepop

doovepop Guest

yeah I agree, Trevor has good pr, perhaps he could kick Mario out and start running Sidhe. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    well they are both managing directors [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Serge

Serge Guest

[​IMG] Don't bother holding out for a patch as it will never come.

16. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Was there a patch for RL1?

17. ak47

ak47 Guest

yes there was and i remember all the pc heads going off at how good it was when patched.

i just wish sidhe took feedback from the console version [​IMG]

18. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

Have kept checking out the SIDHE RL2 forum, and have been tempted to sign up to "lend you guys a hand", but I really can not be bothered with some of the replies received from SIDHE staff.

I have a feeling though that both rugby 2006 and RC2006 will show up RL2 gameplay for what it really is, especially to some of the more hardcore RL2 supporters........

Watch this space..........

19. yeah man, its insane that people actually like this game. the fact that the moment we played it, we found so many faults, the fact that it took me a hour to get sick of it, the fact that it is a below average game, and people still like it - i want the drugs that they are on.

this game is utter crap. dont accept anything less than the best. rc2006 and r2006 will blow this game out of the water. it will be like catching a goldfish with a speargun.

you rl2 junkies are nuts.

20. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Catching goldfish with a speargun is actually quite tough, it just that theyre so small and easy to miss.....nevermind.

We could use all the help we can get over at the RL2 forums, it is a bit like smacking yourself on the head with 2 by 4 admittedly, but i agree with knowlsey that if we keep chipping away they might actually take notice.

21. yes...

hard as in hard to belive people like this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!