• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Those Crazy Sidhe Guys...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 09:40 AM
knowsley I am sure you and others would welcom them back so you can continue from where you left off.

why should sidhe respond to crap like that in the first post. they are just having a go at sidhe because in thieir view the game sucks and therefore they hate sidhe. so even though mario and alan both replied people still go on and on. these kind of people will never be satisfied just like some on this forum won't be and restort to having a go at sidhe and mario which i guess makes them feel better but utimately doesn't achieve anything.
I would welcome them back so they could hopefully take on board some of the very legitimate comments made on this forum. If you think I want them to come back so I can abuse them by slagging their game then im afraid you are very wrong.

You really need to get a grip my friend, you are going out on a limb in defense of Sidhe now and that limb is about to drop off !

I haven't played the game so I can't really give an honest opinion but, I must say it doesn't sound very good indeed.

I didn't want to get it even before it was released.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Dec 24 2005, 07:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Dec 24 2005, 07:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Parore@Dec 23 2005, 11:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Dec 23 2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed ak,

What's the bet Mario still trowls around these forums checking ou the opposition...

doubt it
hmmmmm
<

is that you mario? [/b]
Yeah its me

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 23 2005, 03:53 PM
....don't you just love them...........(from the official SIDHE forum)

Originally Posted by TripleM
"Its obvious that the AI is cheating".

MARIO: "You are mistaken. The AI doesn't cheat.
The AI can only achieve what is achievable to the player at any given time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by parraeels_05premiers
"How bought this- you guys make a decent game that isnt full of flaws, has decent graphics and release it on time!!! Oh, wait this is SIDHE that dosent happen. All we get is a game that looks and plays like RL1 (which was crap) and arrives 3 months later than first advertised".

ALAN: er, have you actually played the game? i suggest you take your exagerations elsewhere - criticism is welcome, outright BS is not. (touchy.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parraeels_05premiers
"Well if this game is so greatly improved from RL1 and has so many new and exciting features, why have 90% of the threads that have been started here since it's release, been in regards to bugs, flaws and inaccuracies of the game highlighting how really it hasnt improved much at all?"

ALAN: "Again, you dramatically overstate the item in question."90%"?Yeah, right.
Please don't expect any form of reasoned debate when this is all you bring to the table.
Slap down some facts or opinion and we'll take them on board and thank you for it - positive, negative, indifferent - come what may.
Wave this kind of crap around and we'll simply ignore you - keep doing so and we'll ban you. It's not unreasonable."
(Alan starts uncontrollably raising right hand out on a angle straight in front of him......)

Funnily enough "David Brent" didn't get an answer from SIDHE on his excellent post.........

"RL2Addict hit the nail on the head with this post but no one responed to it!
and what about those offloads out of 2 man tackles, human players can not do this!

Sorry, but that's laughable.

If someone is good enough to throw a 4 man cutout pass left, followed by a 5 man cutout pass to the right, followed by a 3 man cutout pass back to the left without...

a) being called for a foward pass

<
being intercepted

c) knocking it on

Then i'll believe you Mario, but things the AI does is IMPOSSIBLE to do yourself. And that's not even taking into account they rarely miss tackles when mine increase 300%, they rarely knock on, and the only method of getting the ball is intercepting their crazy offloads (which happen regularly, but are nullified the moment i pass the ball when my player knocks on)."

Mind you theres always the real doozy from Mario in the official FAQ to enjoy..........

How are teams for mid season representative games selected?

"These are selected automatically based on player form throughout the season" (yeah right.....)
yeah i said "oh, someone an't happy today(referring to sidhe)
and they deleted it.
lol

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Dec 24 2005, 10:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Dec 24 2005, 10:06 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Dec 23 2005, 04:07 PM
Meah. I think Sidhe are taking a ridiculous amount of crap over an ok game.

A few people decided they really hated the game, others probably found parts of it they didn't like and thought they'd jump on the bandwagon.

It didn't help that it on the Sidhe forums there was far too much hype. It was always going to fall short of the hype but since it was so hyped up there was further to fall.

I recommend people that may have read the above post and decided this game is ****, try the game, make up their own mind anyway, blank these and other negative comments out completely so you don't focus on them.
The whole point of this thread is not really about the game itself, but about how far the developers PR skills/manners have fallen since those "pre RL1" days..................

To state matter of factly that the "AI doesn't cheat" (Mario), and then back that up by abusing/threatening other posters who's views are valid (Alan), smacks of unprofessionalism. Even PES5, with one of the best AI's of any sports game on the market today "cheats" in some respect on higher levels of difficulty, it is just so well hidden that the player doesn't even realise what is really occuring - as it should be.

I mean, on one hand Alan says tell us some facts and lay them down on the table, then when someone does just that the developers decide not to answer anyhow??

I know, you know (including you JJ), everybody knows that the computer AI in RL2 (and RL1 for that matter)"cheats", at least on the higher levels. They can offload in any given situation - I've had them down on the ground in a 2 man tackle and suddenly the ball will pop up perfectly to a supporting player somehow...............on the top levels they throw multiple, perfectly placed, impossible long passes that you havn't a hope in hell of copying.

Treating us like little kids by telling us otherwise is pure crap.

Has Mario/Alan ever answered on the SIDHE forum the many questions there regarding why rep teams are obviously NOT picked on form when in the official FAQ of the game Mario says they are??? - not from what I've witnessed - I wonder why.........

RL2 itself is playable, but average in the all important gameplay stakes when compared to other sporting games available today. It has in it's favour the fact that it is the only console representation of the game of rugby league, hence many will overlook its obviously gameplay flaws and enjoy the game for that very fact.

Good on you if you are one of these people - enjoy.

If SIDHE is really serious about producing an outstanding game with RL3 they will still check out this forum for good ideas and constructive comment - something tells me however that they won't, and are setting off in a very different direction to that which most on here are proposing........ [/b]
yeah check this thread out
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread....highlight=mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Well, I have the answer. Mario has 500 pms and can't receive any more because his mailbox is full.
HAHAHAH so who won???????

I like the above bit posted by Mario. Certainly answers why he left trf... " PMS "

I kind of like this recent post on the SIDHE forums......................funnily enough Mario hasn't replied to this one either...............

Originally posted by Roaddhogg............

Quote:
I'm not going to provide subjective opinions on competitors products.

Quote:
Just to correct your factual error, RL2 includes a Franchise Mode, detailed customisation and editing, and online. Rugby 2005 does not.

"Whilst I, personally, in no way agree with the views expressed by those who feel that Rugby League 2 is inferior to Rugby 2005, I have to take exception with your posts. You claimed that you would not "provide subjective opinions on competitors [sic] products", which seems like a genuine and impartial thing to do in this situation. However, merely a few posts later you far from implicitly stated that Rugby 2005 does not incorporate "detailed" customisation and editing. I'd care to suggest that the aforementioned adjective does indeed make that segment of your post subjective - one's expectation of a "detailed" system may be either higher or lower to someone else's".

"Generally, I feel that your posts are spot on. However, with this instance, I'd recommend that you don't contradict yourself if you don't want to undermine your credibility. You may claim that you don't care for other board users' opinions (not saying you do), but after all we are a section of the public purchasing the product that you developed"

This recently from the SIDHE website.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Monie

So,would there be any chance of making the players respond better in a patch?

Mario: "Unsure at this point".

Does this mean that Mario, after numerous denials and claims of people having problems due to not being able to master/play the game properly, actually admits that there is a control problem???

Good on him if it is, but why oh why wasn't this picked up by the testers and then fixed prior to release?? It can't be a money issue as it seems they are considering spending extra time/money making a patch........(which is no good for console users who make up the majority).

Also how bad was the gameplay prior to the extra time SIDHE took to tweak things??

No doubt the game is still playable, but it could have been so much better.......

Maybe they played the PC version and screwed the programming afterwards and now the controls are terrible... maybe?

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 4 2006, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Does this mean that Mario, after numerous denials and claims of people having problems due to not being able to master/play the game properly, actually admits that there is a control problem???
Would be good if he did... His general response to player responsiveness complaints is "in the first one people complained that players were too responsive and didn't move realistically"
This I think is either bullshit or stupidity on sidhe's part, as without a doubt what people were complaining about in RL1 was the tendancy for players to look like the were on ice skates when moving and always doing circles when turning around...

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 4 2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Good on him if it is, but why oh why wasn't this picked up by the testers and then fixed prior to release?? It can't be a money issue as it seems they are considering spending extra time/money making a patch........(which is no good for console users who make up the majority).

Also how bad was the gameplay prior to the extra time SIDHE took to tweak things??

No doubt the game is still playable, but it could have been so much better.......
Of course Mario realises the players are unresponsive. It would take 0 time to prove that to him aided by a copy of WCR, Rugby 2005, Lomu, etc.

He obviously isnt going to come out and say there is a noted problem with their game as thats the kind of guy he is. When we went to Swordfish Trevor told both me and lox to tell him if we thought it was **** and you could tell he really meant it. Theres no way Mario would ever say that to someone who went to view his game, Im pretty sure if you said to him thats crap you wouldnt be in the building for long. I think that attitude has been proved to the way he has responded quite arrogantly to some of the negative feedback with classics like " Well go get a refund ".

FWIW I think even the people who love it wouldnt refuse more control over your players if offered it.

How easy it would be to tweak the control remains to be seen though. We arnt privvy to the dynamics of the engine and it may just not be able to handle smooth control like R05 or WCR.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 5 2006, 02:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 5 2006, 02:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ride The Cliche
@Jan 4 2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Of course Mario realises the players are unresponsive. It would take 0 time to prove that to him aided by a copy of WCR, Rugby 2005, Lomu, etc.

He obviously isnt going to come out and say there is a noted problem with their game as thats the kind of guy he is. When we went to Swordfish Trevor told both me and lox to tell him if we thought it was **** and you could tell he really meant it. Theres no way Mario would ever say that to someone who went to view his game, Im pretty sure if you said to him thats crap you wouldnt be in the building for long. I think that attitude has been proved to the way he has responded quite arrogantly to some of the negative feedback with classics like " Well go get a refund ".

FWIW I think even the people who love it wouldnt refuse more control over your players if offered it.

How easy it would be to tweak the control remains to be seen though. We arnt privvy to the dynamics of the engine and it may just not be able to handle smooth control like R05 or WCR. [/b]
yeah I agree, Trevor has good pr, perhaps he could kick Mario out and start running Sidhe.
<
<

well they are both managing directors
<
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 5 2006, 11:02 AM
Was there a patch for RL1?
yes there was and i remember all the pc heads going off at how good it was when patched.

i just wish sidhe took feedback from the console version
<

Have kept checking out the SIDHE RL2 forum, and have been tempted to sign up to "lend you guys a hand", but I really can not be bothered with some of the replies received from SIDHE staff.

I have a feeling though that both rugby 2006 and RC2006 will show up RL2 gameplay for what it really is, especially to some of the more hardcore RL2 supporters........

Watch this space..........

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 10 2006, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling though that both rugby 2006 and RC2006 will show up RL2 gameplay for what it really is, especially to some of the more hardcore RL2 supporters........

Watch this space..........
yeah man, its insane that people actually like this game. the fact that the moment we played it, we found so many faults, the fact that it took me a hour to get sick of it, the fact that it is a below average game, and people still like it - i want the drugs that they are on.

this game is utter crap. dont accept anything less than the best. rc2006 and r2006 will blow this game out of the water. it will be like catching a goldfish with a speargun.

you rl2 junkies are nuts.

Catching goldfish with a speargun is actually quite tough, it just that theyre so small and easy to miss.....nevermind.

We could use all the help we can get over at the RL2 forums, it is a bit like smacking yourself on the head with 2 by 4 admittedly, but i agree with knowlsey that if we keep chipping away they might actually take notice.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 10 2006, 03:20 PM
Catching goldfish with a speargun is actually quite tough, it just that theyre so small and easy to miss.....nevermind.
yes...

hard as in hard to belive people like this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts