• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

To Haka or Not to Haka...

<div class='quotemain'>
The oppostion can do anything they want when the AB's do their haka...they don't even need to watch...in fact if they stand their hurling curses at the AB's then that is ok....as long as it is on their side of the halfway line.[/b]

I guarantee if that happened there would be a huge amount of criticism from All Black fans, and a harranging for whoever delivered the insults.
[/b][/quote]

nah, but I'd pity the guy every time he was tackled or at the bottom of a ruck :D

<div class='quotemain'>
The oppostion can do anything they want when the AB's do their haka...they don't even need to watch...in fact if they stand their hurling curses at the AB's then that is ok....as long as it is on their side of the halfway line.[/b]

I guarantee if that happened there would be a huge amount of criticism from All Black fans, and a harranging for whoever delivered the insults.
[/b][/quote]

Willie Mason recently did that in the Tri-Nations league contest. He was then knocked out by a NZ player on his first or one of his first hit ups and I believe suffered a concussion. So it can happen it's just not recomended.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Well thats because the AB fans need to wake up and realise that referees allow them to perform the haka...it is not their "right" to do it....refs also allow the oppostion to do whatever they want on the other side of the halfway line....it is their "right" to do whatever they want on that side of the halfway line prior to kick off. If a ref decided to just have the kick off and forgo the haka then the AB's better be in position real fast because what the refs says is what has to happen.

Good on Willie Mason for cursing the Kiwis during the haka....he is entitled to do whatever he wants on his side of the field. The people who got angry at this must have forgotten that this is a spoting contest first rather than a cultural performance.

However.....as Willie found out....there are repercussions when you irrate a team...doesn't matter which team it is.

Luckily for the AB's the haka is done in Maori and few of the oppostion understand what it means...especially the new one Kapo o Pango. If the haka was done in english and ESPECIALLY the new one where the opposition could understand it.....then I suspect the AB's would end up on the bruised end, as to hear words from visiting players saying "this is our land" on your home soil will drive anyone into a state of ruthless fury lol!

Bring back the Zulu war dance for the Springboks I say! Will really unite the Rainbow nation to get behind the sport of rugby as well as fire the Springboks up.....gee they need some new direction as this post-apartheid era for them has losing their fear factor they used to have on opponents.

Well said that man...

Still think for mine Willie Mason's reply to the challange was hte best I've seen yet. Sure he may have got concused from it but still - hell of a statement.

<div class='quotemain'>
Willie Mason's an idiot.
[/b]

The handle bar moustache he was a sporting on the weekend says otherwise.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...mate that moustache thingy was so funny.....good to see he is having a go at improving his looks lol!

My Apologies for using the wrong language and offending my Celtic cousins

Lets not kid ourselves here,i think`the WRU would like us all to think that this was simply a protocol issue,but mind games are part of the game!! The haka is the best mind game in rubgy!!When england ran on to landsdowne road and took Irelands side for the anthems is another example of it.

the abs said when they changed the haka that it was a once off, seems to me the WRFU looked on this as a oppertunity to then upset them by insisting they stick to this change or not do it at all.

Wales havent beaten the ABs in 50 years and to think that they had a chance of beating them at the weekend was niave.Wales are too slow at the breakdown and there backline fades into oblivion compared to the ABs.

Im not mudslinging or trying to upset people im just calling a spade a spade.

Haka or no Haka

the media mudslinging building up to this game was all the ammunition the AB's needed.
they would of wiped Wales off the field no matter what happened before the whistle

Latest posts