• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toby Flood heading to France?

:p

I get what you mean though.
If the World Cup started next month then I'd want Flood starting at 10 - he's the most well rounded of our 10s atm, and has the experience too.

On this video alone cips should be in ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, sorry if this's been answered here somewhere but I really can't go through all this scanning for the answer...
really quick: if Flood does come to, say, Toulouse, how does it work for him and potential selection in an England jersey ? I've noticed England has stopped selecting every time it seems a player goes abroad, but Flood still is a nice piece to have on a team and still isn't "too old" it seems...with Farrell not convincing, maybe England could use Flood a little longer.

How does it work there, really quick ?

hey guys, sorry if this's been answered here somewhere but I really can't go through all this scanning for the answer...
really quick: if Flood does come to, say, Toulouse, how does it work for him and potential selection in an England jersey ? I've noticed England has stopped selecting every time it seems a player goes abroad, but Flood still is a nice piece to have on a team and still isn't "too old" it seems...with Farrell not convincing, maybe England could use Flood a little longer.

How does it work there, really quick ?
1. Flood will be ineligible
2. Lancaster and staff prefer Farrell anyways

I would really love to say something but I dont wish to be blocked and you have sort of grown on me so in the interest of me staying on the forum (dont say anything Rats) I am staying quiet....

Always liked Flood, never understood why he wasn't given more chances for England.

cool...maybe France can poach him soon...we'll just change his name to Tobe Floude and some of his wiki details.

>>>AH AH AH yeah lets get him a french passport, he can sub for France, he will start on the bench in Toulouse..

Always liked Flood, never understood why he wasn't given more chances for England.

I stopped rating him subconsciously because I just stopped seeing him, but now that we're talking about him more I do think the same. I guess he was "old news" for a team that post-RWC had been looking to rebuild from near scratch, and Farrell was the new kid on the block.

>>>AH AH AH yeah lets get him a french passport, he can sub for France, he will start on the bench in Toulouse..

heh yeah.
It's not like Toulouse are in dire need of a FH..I guess that serious injury to ex-All-Black McAllister gave em a scare. Boy, they'll be STACKED at the 10 position.

Toby Flood is a journeyman.
I have NEVER seen the guy show any flair.
He can read a game, he can kick with the ball in hand, he's a reasonable tackler but he is definitely not special.
How many caps does he have to get before people recognise he's about on par with Charlie Hodgson.
Nice guy, good rugby player, but not a special talent by any stretch.
He will do well in France because he's solid but he will have to learn to pass out to the back line more than he does in the English prem.
Owen farrell is the King in waiting and while he's still so very young Lancaster should draft in Cipriani.

I feel you and I have been watching an entirely different set of English fly-halves, to the point where there is no need for further argument, save that if Farrell is the King in waiting then I am greatly in favour of the gullotine.

Latest posts