• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tonga'huia NOT joining Saracens?

Spandex Booby

Academy Player
Sarries to lose out?

Soane 'Tiny' Tongauiha to stay in Northampton?

Plenty of rumours going around of thus information, aswell as a compelling article in the local Chron by Saints head coach Jim Mallinder.

I do hope these rumours are true as he is a great player that adds so much depth, defensive capabilities, and heavy attacking.

Your thoughts?

Have Northampton signed some other props since Tonga'uiha announced he was leaving?

They're building a very strong squad. Holding onto the Tongan international will only add to their strength in depth. I'd say they'll have to pay quite a bit of compensation to get him out of his pre-contract agreement.

As far as I am aware we havent replaced him just yet, and I have been looking around particularly on the offy site that Tiny has only signed a "heads on agreement? Making it easy to break and non-legally binding.

Fingers crossed, all the goss....

Latest rumour doing the rounds, which was all but confirmed on BBC local news last night, is that Saints prop Soane Tonga'uiha will no longer be joining Saracens next season.

There is speculation that *alleged* slurs from several *alleged* Saracens players *allegedly* towards Saints' *allegedly* Zimbabwean prop Brian Mujati during the two sides contest in the LV Semi final 2 weeks ago have been brought to his attention, so he's *allegedly* decided to rethink his contract.

It is also rumoured that *allegedly* Brendan Venter threw his toys out of the pram after their LV= cup defeat, *allegedly* ranting "How dare you play against us when you're joining us next year" at Tonga'uiha immediately after the match.

Lets not forget that both of these reasons could be Chinese whispers, but the crux of it is Tiny may well be going nowhere...

Great stuff to actually see it confirmed, will get a big response at the Gardens upon our next home game.

Tiny! Tiny! Tiny!

Tonga'huia hasn't done himself any favours by backing out of the agreement. I think Edward Griffiths statement is merely him playing hardball and trying to squeeze some compensation out of Northampton. The Tongan will be a Saints player next season.

This mirrors the Paul Warwick to London Irish debacle of least season.

Sarries continue to be on the moan - Does Eddie G not realise that a Head of Terms agreement is only binding to the terms of a proposed contract, and not a contract itself?

Here's an amusing thought for the day:

Has anyone considered the thought that Tiny was never going to join Saracens, it was simply the greatest April Fools stunt... Ever?!

They should stop trying for it now either way, as he obviously wants to stick at Northampton, so if the Sarries took him to court and somehow did make him go to them, then he's not going to be happy doing that, so may not play at his best/put his heart into it

Well this is simple. Tonga'uiha says he signed nothing, Saracens say otherwise. Someone is lying.
If he signed, he has to move, if not he stays.
However, I'd sort of like to see whoever turns out to be lying punished with at least a fine. There's too much of this sort of thing now (thinking particularly of the Haskell Club/Country thing)

Latest posts