TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51883052_-3.jpg

Worcester Warriors have re-signed Tongan international front row Tevita Taumoepeau for another season.

Known to the Warriors fans as "Dave", the 36-year-old Taumoepeau joined Worcester in the summer of 2005 from French club Bourgoin.

Taumoepeau, who made his 150th appearance for the club last week, told BBC Hereford and Worcester he is delighted to have extended his stay.

"I feel I am in some of the best shape of my career," he said.

Taumoepeau continued: "Worcester Warriors has become my home over the last six years, where I have great team-mates and wonderful fans.

"This season I have been happy with how I have played. I feel different and I am now more involved with games. We are taking each game at a time in the physical league play-offs, but I am confident we can win promotion and go back to the Premiership if we play our best."

Despite only working with Taumoepeau this season, forwards coach Phil Davies appreciates what he brings to the squad.

Davies said: "Tevita is one of the best tightheads I have worked with, particularly in terms of his scrummaging, and he brings real solidity to the pack.

"He has worked very hard this season on his game and his improved conditioning means he now gets around the field and makes an even bigger contribution.

"I am very confident he will continue to do a fantastic job for the Warriors, and alongside Bruce Douglas and Oliver Tomaszczyk, we have a really nice balance in terms of experience and talent in our tighthead division."

A young Worcester Warriors A side were beaten 49-20 by Leicester Tigers at Welford Road.

Mike Penn and Tom Leach scored tries for the Warriors, as the Tigers ran in three tries in the last 12 minutes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/worcester/9439277.stm

Latest posts