• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tool may headline NZ's Big Day Out '07!!!

M

MonoTurd

On wednesday at 10.30pm (New Zealand time) Tool were on a late-night news recap programme called "Night Line" (NZ only). A few hours before it was on, I overheard dobrien talking to his mate who mentioned that Tool were headlining BDO next year.

I was excitied as a paedophile at primary school open night but kept the excitment to myself. When i got home i started watching the interview but my dad rang up and was going on about **** that i didnt care about so i missed the whole interview. But i said goodbye to him as the interview finished and heard the very attractive presenter say:

"and drummer Danny Carey confirmed to <insert interviewer's name here> that Tool are headlining the Big Day Out next year".

I went to bed happy.

The next day I spent the whole day at tech on toolnavy reading about the aussies and how they too are excited Tool are headlining BDO over there too.

Is there anyone else who will be definitely buying a ticket now that this good news has been announced?

Chili Peppers also are coming arent they?

Hopefully the Foo's comeback in a couple of years - I have some DVD's from their 00 and 03 preformances and they are fricking awesome.

As long as the Chili's play Power of Equality then I will go for them alone.

Although I'm keen on seeing how Tell Me Baby is live.

Tool should be forking awesome. I can't listen to the albums for any extensive period of time, but they are excellent live.

Most bands are better live than recorded anyway. If they're not then they just plain old suck.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 28 2006, 04:19 PM
Chili Peppers also are coming arent they?

Hopefully the Foo's comeback in a couple of years - I have some DVD's from their 00 and 03 preformances and they are fricking awesome.
i have heard that about the Chillies too but i have also heard that they are touring Australia in March so that puts them outta the BDO in oz

Ive ALREADY got some money stashed away for such an event. I knew they where coming i just didnt think it would be BDO. TO be honest I have mixed feelings about Tool headlining BDO. I would rather have a stand alone Tool concert but BDO is good enough. and they might even come back in 2008 like they did with Lateralus.

I also herd that AudioSlave where in talks with BDO organisers. Anyone else hear this?

yeah i would rather hear Tool at their own concert because 45mins of Tool just isnt enough!

but its still pretty rad that they are comming.

if Audioslave go, i will jizz my pants :lol:

so much rock, so little time

Thats my thougths too. haha I would rather have had Rage against the Machine there. That would have rocked! and maynard could join in on those parts that he included in. Oh well Audio would do though.

Thats my thougths too. haha I would rather have had Rage against the Machine there. That would have rocked! and maynard could join in on those parts that he included in. Oh well Audio would do though.
[/b]
im almost certian that Audioslave will do "Know your enemy" if Tool are there. that would be so freakin wicked

yeah i would rather hear Tool at their own concert because 45mins of Tool just isnt enough!

[/b]

You must have some sort of sleeping disorder, 45 minutes of Tool would be enough to put an elephant to sleep.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

You must have some sort of sleeping disorder, 45 minutes of Tool would be enough to put an elephant to sleep.
[/b][/quote]
good contribution

Haha why did they have it blocked? But do you really think they would play know your enemy? I would feel a bit offended if AudioSlave did it, its not there song and Chris Cornell isnt that type of singer.

And don't forget there's 3 of the 4 original artists would be performing it...

And Audioslave do craploads of Rage against the Machine songs as well as Soundgarden songs anyway. I've got a bootleg with Guriella Radio, Blackhole Sun and Killing on the Name Of at the moment.

Latest posts