• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 1

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
attachment.php

Come on Lads......lets us do it properly...................

For those with Sky, the matches at Bayonne and Montpellier are broadcast live on Sky Sports with round up at 10.30am on Monday!!

aaaahhh !! I'd actually forgotten we did it like this ! Tony turning into the official TRF Top 14 Godfather again :cool:

If we did not....imagine how big the thread for the season would be!!!!!

It is your job now.....I have too much to do to look after Pro 2........................!!!!!

hahah, Tony you witty Manx ! You'll be too busy with Pro D2 now huh ? Alright then. I'll be the official Top 14 weekly bell ringer.

not sure Tigger, he may not even play. Remember, he's still in replenishing mode after years of mint everywhere in dishes and jello steaks, and we can't get him out of our restaurants atm...

Toulon side to play in Bayonne tomorrow night. This is it fellas. The season is here !!! :D

Excited to see the new look Toulon, and although it's an away game, they're bringing in the big guns and making sure they start with flash:

10485525_877652875595972_5699476283474261853_n.png

not sure Tigger, he may not even play. Remember, he's still in replenishing mode, and we can't get him out of our restaurants atm...

Toulon side to play in Bayonne tomorrow night. This is it fellas. The season is here !!! :D

Excited to see the new look Toulon, and although it's an away game, they're bringing in the big guns and making sure they start with flash:

10485525_877652875595972_5699476283474261853_n.png

Wonder how they will use O'Connor knowing he's only there for a holiday.

oh no Flood will get Gout?

Last know pic of flood:

2ugcpef_th.png

Don't recognise many of that Toulon team there going to struggle this year I think.

Wonder how they will use O'Connor knowing he's only there for a holiday.

is he ? Forget all about deals and transfers easily...where's he going next ?

oh no Flood will get Gout?

Last know pic of flood:

2ugcpef_th.png

Don't recognise many of that Toulon team there going to struggle this year I think.

lol. Lots of guys are out playing for their countries, notably for Boks but Pumas too. Still a very nice team, I'm excited to see what they can do.

is he ? Forget all about deals and transfers easily...where's he going next ?

lol. Lots of guys are out playing for their countries, notably for Boks but Pumas too. Still a very nice team, I'm excited to see what they can do.

Back to Oz is his plan. He will be back there for Super 15.

Thats it the off is tonight, with Bayonne v Toulon, we have Racing tomorrow night as Canal+'s Gala match which is also covered by Sky, Barny and Miles are doing the comm. On paper Racing look very strong although we are not too shabby but have a few players may not play, ****ily little injuries from the pre season games, big debate is where RR will play wing or centre i think maybe wing but Galthie may think differently. More or less full house tomorrow night and can't wait, had enough of pre season games, now for the real thing.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Montpellier must win this game but nothing will be certain in this seasons TOP 14.

Samedi, pour le compte de la 1ère journée de Top14, le MHR affrontera le RACING METRO 92. Voici donc la composition que le staff a choisi d'aligner :
Effectif: 1. Misha NARIASHVILI - 2. Charles GELI - 3. Nicolas MAS - 4. Sitaleki TIMANI - 5. Thibaut PRIVAT - 6. Fulgence OUEDRAOGO (Capitaine) - 7. Alexandre BIAS - 8. Alex TULOU -
9. Jonathan PELISSIE - 10. François TRINH-DUC - 11. Rene RANGER - 12. Robert EBERSOHN - 13. Anthony TUITAVAKE - 14. Timoci NAGUSA - 15. Benjamin FALL
Les remplaçants: 16. Mickaël IVALDI - 17. David ATTOUB - 18. Tom DONNELLY - 19. Robins TCHALE-WATCHOU - 20. Benoit PAILLAUGUE - 21. Antoine BATTUT - 22. Pierre BERARD - 23. Na'ama LELEIMALEFAGA Allez les CISTES ! - See more at: http://www.montpellier-rugby.com/news/la-composition-pour-mhr-rm92-0#sthash.J32CwTvk.dpuf

looks like Galthie took my advice and RR is on the wing. excellent bench but surprised to see Donnelly there already!!!! Looks pretty forward domminated bench, just 2 backs and Pelissie covers 10 if needed. Only new signing in the starting XV is Benjy Fall

Last edited:
Bon chance Gaston....let us see what the new season brings for MHR

Samedi, pour le compte de la 1ère journée de Top14, le MHR affrontera le RACING METRO 92. Voici donc la composition que le staff a choisi d'aligner :
Effectif: 1. Misha NARIASHVILI - 2. Charles GELI - 3. Nicolas MAS - 4. Sitaleki TIMANI - 5. Thibaut PRIVAT - 6. Fulgence OUEDRAOGO (Capitaine) - 7. Alexandre BIAS - 8. Alex TULOU -
9. Jonathan PELISSIE - 10. François TRINH-DUC - 11. Rene RANGER - 12. Robert EBERSOHN - 13. Anthony TUITAVAKE - 14. Timoci NAGUSA - 15. Benjamin FALL
Les remplaçants: 16. Mickaël IVALDI - 17. David ATTOUB - 18. Tom DONNELLY - 19. Robins TCHALE-WATCHOU - 20. Benoit PAILLAUGUE - 21. Antoine BATTUT - 22. Pierre BERARD - 23. Na'ama LELEIMALEFAGA Allez les CISTES ! - See more at: http://www.montpellier-rugby.com/news/la-composition-pour-mhr-rm92-0#sthash.J32CwTvk.dpuf

looks like Galthie took my advice and RR is on the wing. excellent bench but surprised to see Donnelly there already!!!! Looks pretty forward domminated bench, just 2 backs and Pelissie covers 10 if needed. Only new signing in the starting XV is Benjy Fall

I got all of that. My learning French is starting to pay off, even the words I didn't know in context it's easy enough to extrapulate. Don't ask me to spell or write something myelf yet though.

Glad to see Ebersohn in starting. He was a very exciting player here and I hope he delivers for Montpol but not tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I hope he sucks balls. I think RM will need some luck here, hopefully Montpol are a bit rusty so early in the season.. I know we certainly are not having won a single pre-season game!

Oh, RM, you heartless *****. As if I don't have enough to deal with being in love with WP/Stormers..

great line-up for Montpellier Gaston. This is going to be some game. What's Ranger best position he looked great as a centre last year?

not sure Tigger, he may not even play. Remember, he's still in replenishing mode after years of mint everywhere in dishes and jello steaks, and we can't get him out of our restaurants atm...

]

typically Toulon will be slow off the starting blocks. And they have many new signings to blood. And they'll pick up after the winter...

Ranger was class at 13 in NZ but for some reason for Montpol the few games I've seen him he refused to let go of the ball which is exactly what made him difficult when he was playing for the Blues; those offloads. I think it's a case of him not having the same understanding with those around him as he had with Weepu, Li etc at the Blues.

He has everything you need from a winger but he was special at 13; not just ball in hand, he'd put in big tackles and was effective at the breakdown out wide while the forwards were still arrivign and in stripping the ball off the opposition.

they'll squeeze every penny out of O'Connor and send him back in a shoe box...

Ranger was class at 13 in NZ but for some reason for Montpol the few games I've seen him he refused to let go of the ball which is exactly what made him difficult when he was playing for the Blues; those offloads. I think it's a case of him not having the same understanding with those around him as he had with Weepu, Li etc at the Blues.

He has everything you need from a winger but he was special at 13; not just ball in hand, he'd put in big tackles and was effective at the breakdown out wide while the forwards were still arrivign and in stripping the ball off the opposition.

For reasons i cannot uderstand his defence has been awful, i think its something to do with the defence, our rush defence he seems to rush then miss his man and of course you do that as a great hole appears behind, + we have class in the centre who cannot play on the wing, so at the moment its on the wing for RR, but he is still a class player., and a complete head case sometimes he will be seen practising his dance moves on the wing if the ball is being hogged by the forwards, the other day in a pre-season game an extra ball arrived on the pitch in the middle of the game he picked it up and casually slotted a 40yd s drop goal which sent the crowd nuts no one else on the park noticed what he had done. After his career is over i expect to see him in HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert is a class guy i see him every week and always has time to chat same with Olivier and Tuity mind you i have yet to meet a SA who i do not get on with, had a load of them at the house a couple of seasons ago great laugh Rassie V V went hunting wild boar with a bow and arrow , he's sh** hot with it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting read.

On hunting, yeah, a lot of sport hunters here have gone bow and arrow as the range and accuracy of rifles means there is no more need for tracking, evasion or a skilled shot IE no more sport.

Latest posts