• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 1

Urgh ... double post, Gaston please just edit your post.

Just realised there's no Halfpenny for Toulon or Habanna. What ridiculous options
you forgot Bakies and Lobbe also away on 4 Nations plus injuries to Michelak, Gorgodze,and a few othjers. Frightening when they have a full injury free squad to select from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we play them end of Sept scary and at Toulon.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urgh ... double post, Gaston please just edit your post.

SORRY!!!! but you have to give concessions to us older Dynoasur types who are still trying to master the computer and were not born with it strapped to our fingers....

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, that's what about 20 coaches said last year. :p

here ya go buddy:

View attachment 3114

Big Fall fan too. I think he's been highly, highly underrated so far by everyone (coaches, fans, non-French observers...) and do hope to see him integrate France for the RWC. Well actually I wish to see Huget+Guitoune, but, Fall's on heck of a choice after those two.
Cheers for that looking at the teams I would probably go for Montpellier, have Racing got injuries in the back line ? As players like Audrin and Chavancy are good but I dont remember seeing them last year ?

Chavauny is a product from l'ecole de rugby and i think is the longest serving playing at Racing + a great player who should have got more honours, Audrin you would have seen him last season if you looked at the Montypellier lineup, he was with us last season but did not get that many starts as if was tough last season in the backs but even tougher this season with the quality we have, if it clicks they could be very dangerous.

Cheers for that looking at the teams I would probably go for Montpellier, have Racing got injuries in the back line ? As players like Audrin and Chavancy are good but I dont remember seeing them last year ?

actually Chavancy played every game last year man, and started like 90% of the time. He was captain of Racing Métro in fact. But yes, they'd usually have probably Marc Andreu and Juan Imhoff (gone with Pumas, and then injured) at the wings.

easy win for Toulon who barely got going. Much more to come from them. Bayonne lasted 40 min. They are going to struggle.

easy win for Toulon who barely got going. Much more to come from them. Bayonne lasted 40 min. They are going to struggle.

right. Some good talent, here and there, but nowhere near enough depth to compete in the Top 14.

Happy to see other smaller clubs like Grenoble doing so well though atm, although frankly it's a little worrying to see Clermont struggling at home so much vs GRE ! ...:huh:
aahhh, just Day 1...

Clermont are not going to be as dominant this season. They have a lot of new signings. A new head coach. They're in transition. Grenoble and Lyon are going to rattle the big guys.

cracking game Clermont Grenoble 5 tries scored in less than 50 min ! 6th try denied

tasty line-out for Racing. I like the look of their backrow and 9-10. Not sure about their centres combination? 2 big packs anyway. This is going to be the game of the weekend.

Agreed about Clermont. They won't be as dominant (put 40 on everybody, crush everyone at home...etc....), but they might actually be more dangerous in that they'll be stronger psychologically after last year's disilluion (getting annihilated by Saracens and then losing in the volcano to Castres in the playoffs) and won't be so high that the fall will be all that monumental. They'll be less dominant, but have a more long-lasting breath. Plus they've added good depth and youth in real quality, with Vahaa or Lopez at FH. Guys like Chouly, Parra or Fofana are only getting more ripe and experienced, while they still have the older Debaty, Rougerie, Pierre and co.

Yeah, I love that Racing third row too. All-French :p
Chavancy is a very good center but I don't know much about Dumoulin. Another young French center...Dulin brings something very interesting to Racing.

27-26 to Clermont, game is just in the balance, les jaunards look slightly rattled
10 min to go, each bench can make the difference...

I almost want Grenoble to win this.

uhmm....isn't it weird Wisniewski kicked that into touch ?!!!....GRE could've gone for the try on that play...

Money talks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but do not have the biggest buget in the TOP 14, that honour goes to Toulouse, but are one of the teams that are practically auto financing themselves.

Sorry Tony but you have been misled Toulon flew into Biarritz Fri lunchtime, and flew back after the game so they could have the whole weekend off. They stayed at the Novetel as its so handy for the airport. Info sometimes from ProD2 teams does not filter through as fast as it does in the TOP 14 (SORRY)

The bloody big bus read "Rugby Club Toulonaise" in paint down the side of it so they must have had the bus driven over just to take them the 2 miles to and from the stadium and airport................um, maybe not so much of a financial problem!!!

Sky boys sound like they in some attic their commentating. But anyone know when the French hooker back and how ankle is? (can't be arsed spelling Dimitri's second name)

Sky boys sound like they in some attic their commentating. But anyone know when the French hooker back and how ankle is? (can't be arsed spelling Dimitri's second name)

nope. Been injured all the time recently...just call him Szar. Our two starting hookers are both tyrannical totalitarians: Szar and Kayser...

Latest posts