• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 3

Grenoble are starting to become one of my favourite teams, unbelievable intensity, they are playing with so much heart against a higher fancied team. And... they score a try! 28-18 the score!

absolutely. No big names at all, and some beautiful plays, try-scoring mentality, but also a grind-it-out style of play, old school, intense, rich. Good scrum, they managed a few good pushes against even Toulon...excellent defense.
Starting to become one of my favorites too, didn't watch them at all last year though many rated them.

Judging by the scoreline it would seem Sexton had a better game with the boot tonight.

Less than 2 minutes left, Toulon won't win this game, but they can still get a draw.

Edit: last play of the match, a scrum for Toulon 5 metres away.

How many players do Grenoble have on the pitch..............they are bleedin everywhere in packs!!

I hope it won't finish with a penalty try... Grenoble don't deserve to be denied now.

Edit: Giteau finally breaks the Grenoble defence for a try almost 6 minutes after time, but they still need a conversion...

Last edited:
sorry for Jonny, but very very happy for Grenoble.
AWESOME result for the smaller market team !!!

Results for Day 3

Aviron Bayonne 31-20 Perpignan
UBB 21-20 Castres
MHR 33-24 Brive
Racing 22-09 Oyonnax
ASM 38-19 Toulouse
Stade 39-03 Biarritz

…and I believe that puts Oyonnax on bottom and Biarritz next to bottom?

And with that result, there is not a single undefeated team in Top14 after just 3 rounds! Great start! (No winless teams either)

And bravo Grenoble!

And with that result, there is not a single undefeated team in Top14 after just 3 rounds! Great start! (No winless teams either)

And bravo Grenoble!

good point ! And yes BRAVO GRENOBLE !!
Man, Bordeaux Castres must have been nice to watch.

Well done Grenoble...what was proving to be a great weekend,went awful with montpellier, 15 mins to go and conceed 21 pts, very poor...

It's all about home form, and gren, oyonnax,Bordeaux and brive clearly understand this, I just hope BO can grasp as well and realise they aren't goign to be gifted tries or win multiple tmo decisions every week...

The moneyball system and art of great coaching and team spirit and home pride is alive n kicking in what is the best competition in the world...BO need to catch up fast..

Now , where these factors are not blossoming at the moment is at racing, I did nt watch this game, will study tomorrow

Like mont, they let me down on the betting front, and I m surprised (or am I?). Strong selection v oyx b team, home game, in need of redemption for last weeks drubbing and poor show v brive, it was all set up for a big racing win, in style...

A friend has said the pack was ok , but backline misfired...pack should have been rampant v a prod2 pck and the backline shold have been walking tires in for fun...

With those coaches , I'm v surprised by the slow "progress" from rm. I didnt expect fireworks from the start, but today was golden opportunity to start clicking..

Now for fear of getting my head bitten off, I do feel that perhaps most of their foreign signings were not the best..

There may also unravel a weakness in the coaches, and perhaps they might struggle to handle "stars", castres is a totally different kettle of fish, small closed knit town, team made up of cast me downs, gelled and nurtured together, working together ...

Racing is in the capital, a coach load of stars...totally different dynamics...a leader or two need to emerge...

I will DESTROY your predictions gaston !!

Well Yoe 91, Destroy if you must but 100% correct Gaston's predictions this weekend including Grenoble and Bordeaux Begles so after you have finished destroying i have a large slice of Humble Pie for you "TO DESTROY"
(Yours truly "The Special One")
Back to Montpellier, how can you score 35 points and play that badly, have the Bonus pt. in the pocket and proceed to go Walk Abouts, probably the worst winning match i have ever seen Montpellier play and i have seen a few. As they say a win is a win but winning ugly is just as important the only thing positive yesterday. The ref thought he was playing poker 6 yellows 4 for Brive and 2 for us, i think thats a full house +one no? the worst thing injuries to Hamilton and Floch not good seeing as 2 more game in 8 days, Bordeaux away Wed and Toulouse at home next Sun. So move on and take the 4 points which sees us of the bottom thank God.

Last edited:
Well Yoe 91, Destroy if you must but 100% correct Gaston's predictions this weekend including Grenoble and Bordeaux Begles so after you have finished destroying i have a large slice of Humble Pie for you "TO DESTROY"
(Yours truly "The Special One")
Back to Montpellier, how can you score 35 points and play that badly, have the Bonus pt. in the pocket and proceed to go Walk Abouts, probably the worst winning match i have ever seen Montpellier play and i have seen a few. As they say a win is a win but winning ugly is just as important the only thing positive yesterday. The ref thought he was playing poker 6 yellows 4 for Brive and 2 for us, i think thats a full house +one no? the worst thing injuries to Hamilton and Floch not good seeing as 2 more game in 8 days, Bordeaux away Wed and Toulouse at home next Sun. So move on and take the 4 points which sees us of the bottom thank God.

wow, you took that comment pretty seriously there ! Congrats though, picking Grenoble over Toulon was a risky choice.
Also you refer to yourself by the third person ?? Let me tell you something, yoe91 thinks that's a little strange !

wow, you took that comment pretty seriously there ! Congrats though, picking Grenoble over Toulon was a risky choice.
Also you refer to yourself by the third person ?? Let me tell you something, yoe91 thinks that's a little strange !
you think thats a little strange, thats fine by me and no i dont take you seriously who would !!!

Sexton looked on decent form from the highlights of his recent match with Racing-Metro, pity for them his teammates couldn't do better with space and opportunities he created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah heard Roberts blew a good opportunity. Not sure I see him lasting long in France. He won't have the leeway the Cardiff Blues allowed him.

Latest posts