• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 3

Yeah heard Roberts blew a good opportunity. Not sure I see him lasting long in France. He won't have the leeway the Cardiff Blues allowed him.

I think it may have been referring to his **** pass after the Sexton break with a giant overlap and thoroughly disorganised opposition defence. That was as truly awful a pass you could wish to see from a professional rugby player.

http://youtu.be/nTSNPDG0Sg0?t=1m7s

Should have signed Henson. He would have nailed that chance for sure.
Yeah well, Henson is injured again from what I've heard. Bloody awful luck with injuries. Whenever fit he is almost always in the Welsh squad. Can we put his skills into a younger player? Hmmm, maybe Jonathan Spratt will be useful...

That pass is ttuurrriibbllee.

Didn't think he looked great last week either, to be honest - not bad, but completely anonymous. Will reserve judgement on him for a while as he's still settling in to a brand new league/team.

Yeah heard Roberts blew a good opportunity. Not sure I see him lasting long in France. He won't have the leeway the Cardiff Blues allowed him.

I thought it was just me..................I think he was one of the worst overseas signings and have not rated him since his serious injury what 18/24 momths ago? The one thing he has going for him is that Top 14 clubs like big and reasonably speedy guys in the centre but that is, for me, all he has....all bish bash bosh...............that being said, Biarritz would take him at a discount!!

Roberts was an up and coming fullback in 2007/08. His first two caps were on the wing and at fullback. He was moved into midfield in the second SA test in June of 2008. Should have stayed in the back three, or perhaps outside centre partnered with Henson or Hook.

You can sign all the biggest names in World Rugby you want, but if it does not jell it then becomes very expensive Toulon took 4/5 seasons to get where they are today and it cost a small fortune, Racing seem to have the same problem, but as i have said before the TOP 14 is a much higher level than the Rabo and the teams often saved their best selections for the H Cup, when you are playing week in week out top level + H Cup, it's a very different story. So we will give Sexton and Roberts the benefit of the doubt for the moment as a couple of wins under thier belts and things can change very fast.

Latest posts