• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 3

Ducalcon destroying Barcella........Michalak apart from one kick is invisible except when he (but not alone amongst his team mates) makes a stupid mistake...magnificent try from JOC and Toulon hanging on at 10-7 with half time just a few seconds away.

Toulon having to dig in here. Burden was lucky to escape with just a yellow card. Thought he might have gotten more.

Great try Racing, with a little assist from the ref, started by Teddy Thomas going back in his 22 and doing a Phil Bennett!!

I love a scrum half try like this! Lualaba doing **** he never did in Limerick to create it, enjoying this game hugely. Nice pace, both sides trying to play rugby, Toulon beating the **** out of Mr. Sexton isn't sound though.

Very good use of subs by Toulon plus Goosen coming on for Sexton could turn this match back in the favour of RCT now..........brilliant move by Michalak.....is he coming back?

Lovely chip over the top and tap back...............got to admire when he does things right!

There was once a dream that was Michalak You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile.

What film was that quote from?

Toulon showing some great touches out there, but got a feeling that Racing are going to see this off.

There was once a dream that was Michalak You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile.

What film was that quote from?

Too ethereal for me...................!!

Toulon showing some great touches out there, but got a feeling that Racing are going to see this off.

Racing have scrum dominance and the team work but one piece of individual brilliance could see Toulon at least get the draw

All over.......good game and right result.

Some bright spots for Toulon in JOC and another coming from Michalak but some real downers also!

Racing will be a handful and Thomas is going to be one of the stars of the season......have not seen him look so sharp and good to see that he does not have the strapping on his legs that he had when at Biarritz!

Have to wonder how long Lydiate and Phillips will hang around if they can't get solid game time. Lydiate got a half but ffor Phillips this won't do him any good. If it's money he is after, then stay, but if he wants form for international games, not going to get it in Colombes. Chart injured for months, same happened to Roberts last year. Laurent and Laurent must not be all too pleased.

Toulon got dominated upfront for large parts of the game, that is where the game was won.

awesome match. Very happy Racing comes away with the win, they deserved it and have shown they can hang with the best tonight, coz Toulon came to play, and they did bring most of their big guns with them.
JOC was fuccking awesome tonight and shows he's just easily a world class back three (if not more). Superb fend on an on-form Machenaud, just left him for dead.

That Tuisova Fijian kid, man, when he gets a little bit of experience in him, burns his finger enough times that he knows that candle isn't the way to go, he's going to rock the Top 14.
Speaking of rocking the Top 14, could we please just throw Teddy Thomas brutally in the xv de France already ? Like, just throw him in like a piece of shiit, not even politely. What's that, he's 20/21 ? I don't give two shiits, I want to see any of Huget, Guitoune, Fall and Thomas on the wings next int'ls, if not others in fact, but no more centers or fullbacks on the wing, thank you very much ! Knew you'd understand, very kind of you...

Happy to see my favorite Ben Arous beat THE CRAP out of Chilachava in the scrum. Also got that excellent TO ball on the ground, not easy against Toulon. Nice to see an on-form Chiocci too on the other side. Speaking of the front row, HORRIBLE decision by the Racing staff to throw away the starting tight 3 and play the replacements so early. Ben Arous and Ducalcon were doing just fine and Hayman/Chiocci had just entered and the former two were doing just fine against those. Impressive.

Very nice to see Juan Smith look after Szar on the ground there after landing on him awkwardly, pretty image to behold in the midst of a furious breakdown.

Really all my respect out to the Racing pack. Lydiate was very mediocre though, a little like Davies at center, big carrier, very strong but just too slow, unable to keep up with the game more often than not...

Michalak looking like his old self again, intermittently. Just when he looked like he was turning Mr.Hyde again with the divine approximation only he can generate, he looks like a magician-technician all of a sudden....strange....strange.

Finally, Sexton was pretty awful today...for wtvr reason, I personally don't care, Top 14 and Sexton just don't mix. He'll be better next week surely...

Excellent ending to the weekend, and both teams came out to play. Not many tries, but a very entertaining 80min.

USAP and BOPB play tomorrow!!!

how terribly unsubtle of me...there, I just punched myself right in the face super hard, and with my southpaw as extra punishment. You can *cough*, take my word on that..for I am a man of entegratty.

gastonald, I summon thy Montypellier obsessive fetishism: what do you think of the young winger Lucas Dupont ? Had himself quite a game yesterday in the volcano, hadn't really noticed him before...

Latest posts