Club or Nation
Sale

Amlin Challenge Cup.png

Stade Felix Mayol (06/04/2012, 20:45)
Toulon.png
Versus Challenge.png
Harlequins.png

Live on FR4/Sky Sports​

Toulon: B Lapeyre; A Palisson, M Bastareaud, M Giteau, D Smith; J Wilkinson, S Tillous-Borde; E Lewis-Roberts, S Bruno, C Hayman, C Samson, D Schofield, P Gunther, S Armitage, J van Niekerk [capt]
Replacements: J Orioli, R Frou, D Kubriashvili, J El Abd, G Lovobalavu, L Rooney, F Cibray, J Suta

Harlequins: M Brown; T Williams, M Hopper, J Turner-Hall, U Monye; R Clegg, K Dickson; M Lambert, R Buchanan, J Johnston, T Vallejos, G Robson [capt], T Guest, L Wallace, N Easter
Replacements: A Croall, J Marler, W Collier, P Browne, M Fa'asavalu, D Care, B Urdapilleta, G Lowe

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that Robshaw and Evans have both been ruled out for Quins - not ideal!

Skinner in not a bad replacement for Robshaw. But yes, you're right. And Evans is irreplaceable

Edit: Don't know that SKinner in is what happened, just what I'd expect

Last edited:
Harlequins playing dreadfully - Scrum and lineout gone to pots, and giving away penalty after penalty.

Tillous-Borde has just gone over for a try, so it's 22 - 3 with a few minutes to go before halftime.

This is over at Half Time. been a terrible performance by Harlequins giving away silly penalties that they won't get away with.

Its gunna be a good day for Wilkinson

Great charge from Toulon, looking really powerful

Mike Brown said earlier in the week
"Discipline has been talked about. It's something we have to improve if we want to do well. It's especially true with Wilko - that will be a massive test of our discipline."
Well that didnt work out

Certainly not looking at first half. Quins need a quick try after Half Time or it will be truly all over. got stop giving away stupid penalties and when they do turn over the ball not to give it straight back.

If Toulon score though early in second Half i can watch Super Rugby I have recorded :lol:.

Johnston in the bin, if it wasn't game over before hand, it is now.

Good to see Aston Croall getting some game time - quite a few ex-Sale players on show now.

Steffon Armitage having a great game - would take him in the England squad in a heartbeat. While Seymour would (for obvious reasons :p) be my first choice openside, I'd take Armitage over playing a 6 there any day of the week.

Jordan Turner-Hall has been gash. If he's not giving away penalties he's throwing blind passes and/or intercepts.

Last edited:
Steffon Armitage has been the best openside flanker this season in the top 14 (note, however, that most teams don't play an openside flanker).

If it weren't for outstanding defence, poor Sarries defence and Matt Stevens, Quins would have been put to the sword at Wembley.

Today, they didn't have those things going for them, and leaking penalties cost them the game. They won't win anything this year unless they sort out discipline (that goes for Matt Stevens too).

If it weren't for outstanding defence, poor Sarries defence and Matt Stevens, Quins would have been put to the sword at Wembley.

Today, they didn't have those things going for them, and leaking penalties cost them the game. They won't win anything this year unless they sort out discipline (that goes for Matt Stevens too).

Spoken like a true Saffies fan. 'Put to the sword' is a little extreme. Sometimes the better team on the day wins a Rugby match. It does happen. Even to Saffacens too.

Toulon were better last night, so they won.....

So in other words, if it wasn't for Quins being better at Wembley on the say then Sarrirs, Sarries might have won?

Well duh.

jeysus. You might have got from the 'outstanding defence' that I was giving quins credit, or the 'poor Sarries defence' and 'Matt Stevens' that I was criticising sarries... all of them justifiable points, which you'll see more of in my posts on the match thread.

either way, you missed my gist, that Quins leaked a shiteload of penalties against Sarries - resulting in 3 binnings. And against Toulon, Quins leaked a shiteload of penalties, and this time got 'put to the sword'.

which continues my initial point that Quins won't win anything unless they sort this out. Which doesn't mean I've said they won't and sarries will, just that we can assume one of leicester/ sarries will punish them for ill discipline come playoff time, just like toulon did. Ultimately, it would be a shame for such a good side to make life harder for themselves by gifting 3 pointers and sin binnings.

Latest posts