Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Forgot about the other Cuthbert, I was on about Banahan :lol:

Aren't Perpignan, apparently, chucking Hook at the end of the season?
Wonder if Bath might actually be interested, since they lost Barkley and Donald is muck.

Draggs

Hall of Fame
I might neg you now.
On a srs point, Cuthbert and Banahan are lightyears apart, very different styles. Cuthbert doesn't really play like he is just under 2m.

Hook would be a great signing for Bath, some on their forum have suggested it as well. Only issue is Heathcote is likely to be away during 6N as well.
Rumours were that USAP are looking at releasing Hook as they have no money, or something.

Last edited:

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
Club or Nation

Biarritz

Guinazu........joined Bath:

Good luck...he is another Youngs as he cannot throw and did not impress at Biarritz!

Delighted to hear that the clear out has started and look forward to hearing of some decent signings...............Ha Ha Ha!!!

Kripke

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

Great Britain

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

I might neg you now.
On a srs point, Cuthbert and Banahan are lightyears apart, very different styles. Cuthbert doesn't really play like he is just under 2m.

Also in terms of talent, as Banahan is a poor man's Cuthbert - which I can say even without being a huge fan of Cuthbert!!

Draggs

Hall of Fame
Also in terms of talent, as Banahan is a poor man's Cuthbert - which I can say even without being a huge fan of Cuthbert!!

im-a-huge-fan-spiderman-589Jz8.jpg

To be fair to Banahan, he can play decent for Bath. Not an international... anything, though.

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Banahan can bully weak and heavily depleted teams, but he's often shown up against anyone of reasonable quality.

Draggs

Hall of Fame
Banahan can bully weak and heavily depleted teams, but he's often shown up against anyone of reasonable quality.

His 'intercept' attempt last year was outstanding.
Decent enough club player, but useless in midfield.

Twebby

Academy Player
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Aren't Perpignan, apparently, chucking Hook at the end of the season?
Wonder if Bath might actually be interested, since they lost Barkley and Donald is muck.

Saints will have him. A sometimes erratic Welsh 10 has to naturally be better than an often erratic English 10.

Draggs

Hall of Fame
Hook to Bath is something I have thought for a good season or so.
Those on the Bath forum have mentioned it as well.

Patchey

First XV
Country Flag

England

I remember when Banahan was the 'new SBW'...

On a serious note, Hook to Bath would be a very good move for all parties. Might also help Heathcote's development? That being said didn't Oli Barclay hint at a return to Bath fair soon when he signed to Racing Metro? I think I'm right in saying he went there as an injury joker.

Gavin

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Former Soviet Union

Club or Nation

Barbarians

I remember when Banahan was the 'new SBW'...

Banahan has been around longer than SBW, do you not mean the new Lomu? Hook to Bath would be a fantastic move for everyone, especially Wales.

j'nuh

First XV
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Gloucester

Bath are (apparently) spending most/all of their salary cap, and they've got a lot of positions left to strengthen. Gary Gold even listed them: prop, backrow, scrum-half, 13. (Looking at their out of contract players, I'll add 12 too.) Whilst Donald is at the club, I don't reckon Hook is affordable within the salary cap. Saints could be a decent shout though...