• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

Jonathan Joseph might eat up a fair chunk of change if he heads west.

Imagine Hook/Barkley/Joseph...

To be fair to Banahan, he is at least decent for Bath.

Banahan has been around longer than SBW, do you not mean the new Lomu? Hook to Bath would be a fantastic move for everyone, especially Wales.

That too. I'm pretty sure when SBW came onto the union scene someone (probably Barnes) compared Banahan to him...

The point about Northampton is a good one, they need a consistent 10 badly.

Hook certainly isn't going to Bath. Somebody is making that up. Bath forum is as reputable source as those who thought George Ford may end up at Toulouse.

Donald still has a season to go on his contract and is the designated "marquee player" so no Hook for Bath.

Hook certainly isn't going to Bath. Somebody is making that up. Bath forum is as reputable source as those who thought George Ford may end up at Toulouse.

Donald still has a season to go on his contract and is the designated "marquee player" so no Hook for Bath.

I am fully aware of that. I do think it would be a good move for both parties.

Last I heard it was Toulon that wanted Ford, to replace Wilkinson.

Toulon said recently that they wouldn't replace Wilkinson if he left, seeing as they have Gitteau and Fred who can play 10.

I am fully aware of that. I do think it would be a good move for both parties.

Last I heard it was Toulon that wanted Ford, to replace Wilkinson.

I disagree. Bath would be well down the list of ideal clubs for Hook to join, I want him to return to Wales, failing that a good team like Toulouse rather than a bore like Bath would be preferable.

Hook at Toulouse would be excellent!
McAlister at inside centre, Fickou maybe at outside centre.

Where would Hook go in Wales? Blues and Turks can't afford him. Dragons... We've got Steff; Ospreys have Biggar who is outstanding lately.

Hook to Bath is just talk, I don't think anyone is claiming any inside knowledge on it. Would just be a good move for both parties, if it happened.
I really can't see Ford leaving Tigers any time soon, either.
Could see Heathcote leaving Bath before his contract's up, though, to go to Scotland.

Heathcote would be far ahead of Laidlaw, Francis, Weir, Jackson easily.

With Ford and Flood, something is going to have to give.

I think the marquee player has to have been at the club for 2 years to qualify. Rules out Louw, Donald, James, Perenise, Attwood etc. Which sucks for Bath even more that they can't take Donald's wages outside the salary cap.

I really can't see Ford leaving Tigers any time soon, either.
Do you not think? A similar situation happened at Gloucester: Freddie Burns coming on the radar. Not quite as good as Nicky Robinson at the time, but had a lot of potential. Robinson was out of contract and there was an option... either keep Robinson on and develop Burns slowly (which risked losing Burns if he decided he wanted to find game time) or put faith in Burns to come good. Then last season, Burns was given faith to develop in a hands-on approach (played pretty much every game). Some say that you shouldn't develop a player by keeping them in the deep end, and that you have to protect a player in their early stages. I don't agree - we've seen what a season in the limelight has done for Burns.

I can't help but feel Tigers need to do the same. Show faith in Ford and you'll see the results within a year. Otherwise, Ford could go to the Saints, where he would be the number one flyhalf, and he'll have a much faster route of developing himself.

(Some say that Tigers is the best place to develop. I'll say that just look at what a revelation Twelvetrees has become since leaving the Tigers.)

Last edited:
Raises an interesting question as to who is the Marquee player at each side.
Harlequins is, I imagine, Nick Evans. Castro at Tigers? I know he was rumoured to be off to France on big bucks, but then stuck at Tigers.

No idea who it'd be at Sale - I'd say Cipriani or Gray, but it can't be used on a new signing. Probably Peel, thinking about it.

Last edited:
I was thinking about that too.
I reckon Cueto could be in with a shout at Sale? Agreed with Peel being the other contender.
Definitely Evans at Quins. Most likely JSD at Glos, but Hamilton and Qera are possibles.
Has to be between Croft and Castro at Tigers. Varndell at Wasps?

Tricky one is Saints: Hartley? Foden? Lawes? Tonga'uiha?
or Sarries: Brits? Joubert? Burger?

Hook at Toulouse would be excellent!
McAlister at inside centre, Fickou maybe at outside centre.

Where would Hook go in Wales? Blues and Turks can't afford him. Dragons... We've got Steff; Ospreys have Biggar who is outstanding lately.

Biggar at 10, Beck at 12, Hook at 13. Perfect.

Grenoble's Jonathon Pelissie and Lucas Dupont to Momtpellier..................

David Skrela to Colomiers in Pro2 next season.....................

David Skrela to Colomiers in Pro2 next season.....................

Do you think that Colomiers think he is that good to play top flight Pro D2, he will be permantely injured, it gets rough in the 2nd division and he not cut out for real handbags.

Sale announcing a signing at 6.15am tomorrow - no word on whether it's for this season or next.
Presumably it's Braid on a short term deal.

Latest posts