• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

Doubt it I'd say it's one of those to push up his paycheck from the IRFU.
Yeah, they do happen quite a lot. O'Driscoll was linked with French clubs a lot when he was younger. One of the more bizarre ones was a story about O'Gara supposedly being pursued by the Miami Dolphins as a field goal kicker.

Yeah, they do happen quite a lot. O'Driscoll was linked with French clubs a lot when he was younger. One of the more bizarre ones was a story about O'Gara supposedly being pursued by the Miami Dolphins as a field goal kicker.

Yeah he talked about it in his autobiography got some dressing down from Eddie O'Sullivan about it.

Rumours that Marcello Bosch to leave Biarritz and those surrounding J-P Barraque move to Toulouse gaining momentum.....Bosch been very inconsistent for us last two seasons and only played 3 Top 14 games (13 2011/12) (albeit with Argentinian commitments at the start of this season) but Barraque would be another big loss of a younger local player

So now Vunipola will be at Saracens I expect he will be fast tracked into the England 23 man squad by the end of the year. Ever since Farrell became backs coach, Saracens players seem to have got a bit of an edge on England selection.

Strettle and Mouritz Botha are two that spring to mind who've got more internationals with England than they would have had with other clubs. Saracens seem to becoming like Leicester and England call ups, where players like Deacon would get 30 odd caps despite being just a good club player and nobody noticed Parling until he moved to Leicester. Same thing happening with Saracens.

I'm surprised James Johnston has moved to Saracens though, I would have thought he would have wanted to stay at the Premiership champions. Big loss for Harlequins, he's been a very important player for them this past 18 months.

Also Wasps will be annoyed to lose a player only aged 20 who was just beginning to establish himself in their side from their academy.

Sarries are claiming they developed him anyway as he was in their academy as a schoolboy. Which sounds remarkably similar to Waldrum having and English Grandparent.

thats quite a big sigining to be fair i quite like corbs and will be a good replacement for mujati

Peter Stringer signs for Bath on short term loan.

Last edited by a moderator:
London Wasps have announced the short term signings of two players with a view to providing cover for players on international duty.

Stuart Commins and Charlie Hayter

Commins brings with him Aviva Premiership experience from Northampton, having previously made 17 appearances for the Saints, and he was also part of the Oxford side who won the Varsity game at Twickenham earlier this season.

He joins as Joe Simpson departs for two weeks with the England Saxons, and will come into the mix for selection this weekend for the LV=Cup game against Leicester at Welford Road.

Promising centre Charlie Hayter joins the Club from RFU Championship side Moseley, where he has been an ever-present this season and was a standout performer for the RFU Championship XV against the New Zealand Maori. He has previously represented Worcester.

Charlie was our school captain, the year above me and took the school to win the U18 Daily Mail Cup in 2007/2008. I remember him as a strong but quick centre who looked to distribute. Mad though, I knew he was playing for Nottingham in the Championship but hadn't heard much about how he was doing.

I know less about commins, but I do know we were dangerously short in the scrum half department without him!

Cummins is the dictionary definition off "alright I suppose". You likely won't notice when he moves on.

Fionn Carr back to Connacht. Finally, good decision by him, he will go nowhere at Leinster (maybe nowhere at Connacht we'll see) can't deny he scored a lot of tries back there. And if that's the case you don't need handling ability.

Finally hopefully he can get back to the form he was in could be hard to get into the team though.

George Ford to Bath confirmed by Telegraph this morning along with Jonathan Joseph, Matt Garvey and Anthony Watson .. .....bye bye Donald?

George Ford to Bath confirmed by Telegraph this morning along with Jonathan Joseph, Matt Garvey and Anthony Watson .. .....bye bye Donald?

Can't see it on their website... also, unless Gold plans a radical change in tactics, three of those four would have made an imbecilic move.

Those are some fantastic signings by Bath.
Ford is a more than adequate replacement for Donald. Still wonder whether having two (very talented but) young/inexperienced 10s will work out.
If it does, though, theyll be laughing.
I really rate Watson as well, can't wait to see him in the u20s 6 Nations.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts