• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

I will wonder how ford will play behind a less dominant pack, as Tigers and England Under 20's both pretty dominat at times, also his kicking isn't exactly strong for a first choice kicker 64%. But leicester get 64K i think from the deal as he is an under 20's player. As olyy said it will be intersting to see how they handle it as i can't see two young players of there quality fighting it out to each other, as there careers will prob have the same time length unlike Flood who will prob be of to france soon.
But Garvey and Watson are two great signings.

If leicester use Fords money for kesvic I will be happy. :)

Apparently Kvesic has toured Kingsholm. ;)

Expect Tigers will still get him though.

Last edited:
Thats what I have heard, but you never know, if we can get some good money for Castro.

Also a good thing for this fly half situation for tigers would be Ford to bath, Myler to Tigers and Donald to Siants. (I think Myler would be a good fit on the tigers bench or Rob miller from Sale)

Thinking about it, Bath will have to sign another flyhalf as they'll lose both Ford and Heathcote during international periods (presuming Ford stays in the Saxons or gets promoted to EPS).
Unless they're happy with Vesty being 10, which they shouldn't really...
Though Vesty's out of contract this season too, so could move on as well.

Thinking about it, Bath will have to sign another flyhalf as they'll lose both Ford and Heathcote during international periods (presuming Ford stays in the Saxons or gets promoted to EPS).
Unless they're happy with Vesty being 10, which they shouldn't really...
Though Vesty's out of contract this season too, so could move on as well.
I thought saxons didn't have piroty for the primiership games just LV Cup ones?

Last edited:
I thought saxons didn't have piroty for the primiership games just LV Cup ones?

Nope, they have Prem priority too.

That said, Ford is taking this move to get first team rugby and hit the England reckoning asap. I don't see how Bath can maintain both Ford and Heathcote. They can't both be top dog and they've both got international careers to look after. If I was Heathcote, I'd be straight onto my agent looking for a move. It's one thing to learn from another fly-half in the expectation of filling their boots one day, another to have a younger prospect parachuted into to play ahead of you. Don't think there'd be any shortage of teams interested in him.

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/341390/transferts-fotualii-a-northampton-cest-fait/

A very big blow. Just as he was on some of his best form and having a good combination with Biggar, and leaving for Northampton of all teams as well.

Looks like we will be stuck with Webb next season. He's been absolute crap this season, and had numerous errors and cost the Ospreys even when just given a 10 minute cameo (see Leicester away match and Scarlets home match).

You make that sound like Northampton us a step down from Ospreys.

Anyway, he's not signed. M.O. (Midi Olympique) report that Kahn Fotuali'i has rejected Northampton's offer and will now choose from Toulouse, Saracens, Racing, Bath and Munster

Just sating if leicester get kvesic he will another one of those worcester players who go there won't get played and have his international career hopes ruined.

I kind of agree. I think his class will come through, but not before he's sat on the bench for a season or two playing deputy to Salvi.

It's my hope in that he's coming to Gloucester after all. :p If he did, Worcester could be pretty wise to pick up Hazell in a reverse deal. A little old, but still a very good player.

Eugh i think i want to keep kvesic next time ill see him ill have a word with him. Although if northampton want him ill be willing to take wood back from them :)

Last edited:
Worcester have just signed the argentinian backrow senatore, in my mind its a great signing really exited about seeing him in a warriors shirt :)

Eugh i think i want to keep kvesic next time ill see him ill have a word with him. Although if northampton want him ill be willing to take wood back from them :)

Then you'd get a very good player who seemingly never plays as he's either benchwarming/squad training for England or injured.

Kahn Fotuali'i to quit Ospreys for Northampton Saints

Huge loss for the Ospreys! Thoughts?

:%#%#:

However there will hopefully be a couple of small positives.

1. Habberfield will get game time (hopefully ahead of Webb). Hugely promising player.
2. Fotuali'i controls the game for the Ospreys, which might stifle Biggar's development somewhat, especially when Biggar comes to playing alongside a less controlling 9 for Wales. So possibly losing Fotuali'i will mean Biggar develops his game further?

Still, ********!

:(Huge loss. Very important player. I can only hope now that aged 31 at end of season, the Ospreys may have done the right thing in bidding too highly for a player although great now, is at an age where could decline at some point.

Surprised Northampton want him considering they have two international scrum halves, I guess one of them (probably Roberts) must be leaving, bad news for Dickson then as Kahn will be tough competition for him, and Saints presumably must have paid quite a bit as they had to outbid the Ospreys, not sign him as an unwanted player with no competition.

I really hope from now Habberfield plays 9 for Ospreys not Webb who can go back and play for Aberavon as far as I'm concerned.
:%#%#:

However there will hopefully be a couple of small positives.

1. Habberfield will get game time (hopefully ahead of Webb). Hugely promising player.
2. Fotuali'i controls the game for the Ospreys, which might stifle Biggar's development somewhat, especially when Biggar comes to playing alongside a less controlling 9 for Wales. So possibly losing Fotuali'i will mean Biggar develops his game further?

Still, ********!

Stifle his development? Biggar has got to the best form of his career alongside Fotuali'i.

Last edited:
Damn it why the Saints why them, suppose if Lamb is going and also Myler is rumoured to be leaving he will be there kicking option.

Feel for the Osprey's, but why not france?

:wall:

saints will soon have a entire Back line of samoans + Foden and Dickson.

Last edited:

Latest posts