• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

Great welcome and will be really interested to see how many games he starts in over the next two years..

With whom he must fight for his place? Chris Wyles, Joel Tomkins, Duncan Taylor? Mmm... yeah! He could start many games.

Or u say it out of jealousy?

With whom he must fight for his place? Chris Wyles, Joel Tomkins, Duncan Taylor? Mmm... yeah! He could start many games.

Or u say it out of jealousy?
Jealousy?

I imagine he's been signed primarily beacause Barritt is out atm. Their first choice will be BB/Tomkins.
The ability to cover 10 will also help, and will mean they don't need to shift Goode there again.

Actually, he was signed in the pre season and what has happened now is just his "unveiling" and welcome to the club so he was not just signed as a replacment.

Jealousy, again afraid not.....if you look back over the threads you will find many critical posts of him from me and the news of his departure was met by me with some glee......when he played for us he seemed to be a man intent on playing only for himself and was prone to too many errors and some big howlers! However, I must admit that I saw a different side to him in the recent Chamionship for his Country and will be very interested to see how he goes for Sarries......he may well be a better player for playing in a far better team, and with better team mates, than with Biarritz?!

Jealousy?

I imagine he's been signed primarily beacause Barritt is out atm. Their first choice will be BB/Tomkins.
The ability to cover 10 will also help, and will mean they don't need to shift Goode there again.

Not you, I say Biarritz supporters should be jealous. They don't have many players, they don't have many options. It's clearly an important loss for them.

Actually, he was signed in the pre season and what has happened now is just his "unveiling" and welcome to the club so he was not just signed as a replacment.

Jealousy, again afraid not.....if you look back over the threads you will find many critical posts of him from me and the news of his departure was met by me with some glee......when he played for us he seemed to be a man intent on playing only for himself and was prone to too many errors and some big howlers! However, I must admit that I saw a different side to him in the recent Chamionship for his Country and will be very interested to see how he goes for Sarries......he may well be a better player for playing in a far better team, and with better team mates, than with Biarritz?!

Well... Let me see: Daniel Waenga, Damien Traille, Seramaia Burotu, Benoit Baby... You don't have many options, it's a major loss for you, you don't have surplus to players.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ah, fair enough!
Comes at a good time for Sarries, then - with both Barritt and Charlie Hodgson out, and Tomkins and Farrell in the England squad.

Not you, I say Biarritz supporters should be jealous. They don't have many players, they don't have many options. It's clearly an important loss for them.

Well... Let me see: Daniel Waenga, Damien Traille, Seramaia Burotu, Benoit Baby... You don't have many options, it's a major loss for you, you don't have surplus to players.

Cheers

I agree that we do not have much choice but would argue that Bosch has not played well for the team here for a number of years and some recent good matches for his country does not change my mind that he is better there than remaining here......we shall see how he goes at Sarrie but wish him well.

The problem of choice in the centre is not really relevant as we are having huge problems getting any ball and that which we do get Traille stuffs up or dies with!! We need an overhaul and of those you mention Waenga and Baby (plus Gimenz and Sella plus some recruits) would be the ones I would retain for the fight to get back into Top 14 next season!!

Cheers

Traille and Baby are both better players than Bosch, who played most of his matches at 15 last season for BOPB anyway and by most account wasn't all that impressive.

Traille and Baby are both better players than Bosch, who played most of his matches at 15 last season for BOPB anyway and by most account wasn't all that impressive.

Sorry just noticed in your quote from Conrad that he says "Not you, I say Biarritz supporters...."

I am one of those supporters and a season ticket holder!!

Traille was an outstanding player for us and France but is now more a shadow of himself and is being linked by Midi Olympique with a move to Stade Palois.

Baby was very good toward the end of last season, after a sticky start, and has been restricted by injuries this season but is far better as a team player than Marcello was....I would also say that Bosch spent more time in the centre, with a couple of very poor games at 10, rather than 15 last season but was very disappointing in all positions. he did make some super breaks but was never supported, which is hardly his fault, but his catching and tackling were very far from faultless and many, many times he either died with or kicked the ball with players available.
Incidentally, Midi are today starting the rumours about Lakafia being of interest to Clermont and Castres.........he will be of interest to a number of clubs even having only started 4 games so far but that is solely through injury as he would be the first on the team sheet for me...........I think I should start a thread for the rumours about Biarritz as more or less every player will come under scrutiny as the salary bill will have to be reduced!

Sad day for Montpellier as Midol reveals that Mamuka Gorgodze has signed a deal with Toulon for next season, great player and great servant to the club for the last 9 yrs. The resons are many but they will come out later in the wash, for the moment they are saying becauce he has to play in the cage on a number of occasions last season instead of no.7, he played his first game of this season last Sat against Treviso.

400 posts youpeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Phillips very close to sign with Racing Metro, he'll sign in the next day and should be disponible after the game against Australia

Latest posts