• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

This is bull sh** he has asked if Bakies could return as he has not played and is not in the squad i belive, (dont shoot me if i'm wrong,) The article is media hype and utter nonsenes probably something to do with the Welsh not happy about the halfpenny affair and writing a load of BOLL**** come on who believes Walesonline outsde Wales!!!!!!!!

Are you suggesting people IN Wales believe WalesOnline?! :p

I'm behind Boudjellal in the scope of the depth of what he's saying, although perhaps the form is debatable. The plots he's bringing up are interesting, but the way he's actually dealing with it may be exaggerated.
Maybe HP did hide the injury and as an int'l superstar just thought "ah, wtf, we'll just go to Toulon for a year or maybe two, kick in a few penalties and get some silverware and go back home". Paychecks first, the rest comes later. Boudjellal and Toulon have been used to the excellent Wilkinson, excellent in all possible facets not just Rugby, and perhaps expected the same from other superstars coming from the UK. All of a sudden, they're losing at home, on a slope, and realize "hey, why the fk are we paying Bakkies if he's gone to play for country, and won't even play at all there in fact. Yes we must release players for national duty, that's the IRB law, but we don't have to pay them".
I think Boudjellal is just realizing he's getting fkd over on a number of levels, and quite ironically, no, not by French laws and the FFR, but by the int'ls he's hired. Things have been beautifully smooth before, as of this season atm, not so moosh.

Its just Boudjellal being Boudjellal he loves the media spotlight and although he has certain ways of expressing himself, he is often right, especially along the lines of certain debates with the FFR. but in France its a Marmite situation. but still excellent entertainment.

Boudjellal knew that the players were going to be away with their national team when he signed them. He hasn't been ****ed over at all with the South African's and the Argentinian's. And if he is stupid enough to let Lobbe, Botha and Habana go then he will just be helping out other teams.

This is bull sh** he has asked if Bakies could return as he has not played and is not in the squad i belive, (dont shoot me if i'm wrong,) The article is media hype and utter nonsenes probably something to do with the Welsh not happy about the halfpenny affair and writing a load of BOLL**** come on who believes Walesonline outsde Wales!!!!!!!!

Ah right ... you blame those Welsh people :rolleyes:

Don't generalise the people of Wales with the two idiots who write for the Western Mail

Ah right ... you blame those Welsh people :rolleyes:

Don't generalise the people of Wales with the two idiots who write for the Western Mail

nobodies blaming anyone the article is just not true Media hype a load of really bad guess work, why !!!! nobody is generalising whats your problem!!!!!!!!!

Toulon isn't his toy, it is his business. If someone isn't pulling their weight in the business world you get rid of them. Makes sense. Depending on how long he is out it could be better for them to let him go and get someone else in who is fit and would actually play matches (which is his job of course).

We have to admire what he has done at Toulon and it is a bench mark for how to run clubs

Toulon isn't his toy, it is his business. If someone isn't pulling their weight in the business world you get rid of them. Makes sense. Depending on how long he is out it could be better for them to let him go and get someone else in who is fit and would actually play matches (which is his job of course).

We have to admire what he has done at Toulon and it is a bench mark for how to run clubs

I concur with this.

Only thing I add is that if they signed him without doing the proper tests then they are a bit foolish (but can't see that happening, you would assume they have a world class medical department). He has had a dodgy groin for a bit now has Halfpenny, as it has affected his long range goal kicking.

Oh, come on...! It's clearly his toy.
He's not walking out onto the field wearing that stupid blazer and giving these "honest" interviews because he doesn't want to be noticed, he clearly ****ing loves the attention.
If he wanted a business to make money he wouldn't have chosen sport - he chose sport because it's a vehicle for his personality.

I don't disagree regarding Halfpenny - if he can't play then he's useless to them. If that became so during his time with Toulon then it is their issue - if it happened before and Leigh/his management were negligent in bringing that to Toulon's attention then it isn't.

I think we all admire Toulon for their approach to throwing cash at it, but in the business world if a director went on record like that about one of his staff it would make his position untenable and the staff would probably have a reasonable case for constructive dismissal/bullying/harassment.

Can't have it both ways either run it like a business or run it like a privileged boys club.

actually about Boudjellal he did say in an interview that he didn't pick Rugby and sports in general for money, he, I quote "easily could've invested in property/real estate and see his money grow gradually and steadily". He chose Rugby because he wanted to feel emotions and feel alive along with the weight of a whole town, an organization. And seeing his tears and how much extra time and effort he puts into it, it's certain he tells the truth. Then, whether he loves the spotlight, yes absolutely. An egomaniac, deserves to be proven. I follow lots of what he says (and he says a lot), have watched countless interviews and seen him on TV in various contexts, nothing conclusive about him being in love with himself. He does love to provoke and to be seen, so certainly his ego isn't tiny. But nothing about being in love with himself.

About his emotion and commitment to the team, he's said for example the first ***le in 2013 against Clermont, the H Cup one, was so powerful the next two never felt as overwhelming and he's been on a quest to find that spark again but never quite did. He says he barely feels any pleasure watching his team play anymore and quit doing it as regularly because he sees only the flaws in Toulon's game and can't bear feeling the pressure of his team having to perform, and the possibility of losing.

Oh, come on...! It's clearly his toy.
He's not walking out onto the field wearing that stupid blazer and giving these "honest" interviews because he doesn't want to be noticed, he clearly ****ing loves the attention.
If he wanted a business to make money he wouldn't have chosen sport - he chose sport because it's a vehicle for his personality.

I don't disagree regarding Halfpenny - if he can't play then he's useless to them. If that became so during his time with Toulon then it is their issue - if it happened before and Leigh/his management were negligent in bringing that to Toulon's attention then it isn't.

It is true that Boudjellal loves attention,often he is outspoken and in a French that is not always appreciated, but he does speak a lot of good sense, its just the way it comes out which is not brilliant as far as business goes he is one of the very rich and has an enormous publishing house mainly devoted to strip comic cartoons so he is not in need of money. Toulon is apparently self supporting one of the very few French clubs that is and it was not a few years ago, so i think as an owner he is doing very well and using his businrss sense to bring the club forward. The BLAZER why is it stupid, i wear a club blazer every match just like him and i certainly do not think it's stupid that's his club uniform end of story, and the Quins fans are they stupid who wear there colourful kit i personnaly don't think so.The trouble is in the UK you seize onto something (especially when its to do with French rugby) that is badly reported without knowing the facts and think its gospel, it was even on the BBC news this morning. I can assure you that Toulon is not Boudjellal toy, if it was it would have already been thrown out of the pram.!!!!!!!!!
As far as 1/2penny goes he like everyone else wants value for money at the moment he is not getting what he paid for, so he has every right to start an inquiry into the situation.

Couple of news sources saying Ospreys and Blues are 'monitoring' the situation with Halfpenny. No official word on any English clubs or other French sides having a look, although I'm sure there is some interest.

I think we all admire Toulon for their approach to throwing cash at it, but in the business world if a director went on record like that about one of his staff it would make his position untenable and the staff would probably have a reasonable case for constructive dismissal/bullying/harassment.

Can't have it both ways either run it like a business or run it like a privileged boys club.

This is why rugby players should unionise! Raise the red flag over Toulon!

It is true that Boudjellal loves attention,often he is outspoken and in a French that is not always appreciated, but he does speak a lot of good sense, its just the way it comes out which is not brilliant as far as business goes he is one of the very rich and has an enormous publishing house mainly devoted to strip comic cartoons so he is not in need of money. Toulon is apparently self supporting one of the very few French clubs that is and it was not a few years ago, so i think as an owner he is doing very well and using his businrss sense to bring the club forward. The BLAZER why is it stupid, i wear a club blazer every match just like him and i certainly do not think it's stupid that's his club uniform end of story, and the Quins fans are they stupid who wear there colourful kit i personnaly don't think so.The trouble is in the UK you seize onto something (especially when its to do with French rugby) that is badly reported without knowing the facts and think its gospel, it was even on the BBC news this morning. I can assure you that Toulon is not Boudjellal toy, if it was it would have already been thrown out of the pram.!!!!!!!!!
As far as 1/2penny goes he like everyone else wants value for money at the moment he is not getting what he paid for, so he has every right to start an inquiry into the situation.

i think these are good points mate... i think the article seems to have something lost in translation, and the comments as far as i can tell are more about opening dialogue with unions and IRB than just being a bit difficult because they've had a couple of bad results.

Nonu has been in the talks for a while, but I really thought you were kidding when I read this post ! :p for Alberts, cool. We'll get to watch him in our rich kid's playground and he's one of the best current flankers in the world. Boks can select him when they want. But Folau, if AUS doesn't change its policy (there were changes recently, read the article but forgot exactly which ones ..) that would just be problematic on the larger scale of things. Before the Top 14 (and Japan a bit) became the Eldorado it is now, everybody would be saying how he's clearly destined to be a Wallaby great, but right now that kind of basic prediction is well compromised with guys leaving their home country younger and younger. Which ain't good. In fact it syucks.

Latest posts