• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Bit hit and miss from what I can recall, I can see Nonu and Alberts but not Folau.
I don't think they would want Nonu. Nonu is very much a country player and that's when he brings his game, after the world cup he'll be 33/34 and doesn't have the All Blacks to keep his levels up. Nonu has been trading on his name for a couple of years now.

I don't think they would want Nonu. Nonu is very much a country player and that's when he brings his game, after the world cup he'll be 33/34 and doesn't have the All Blacks to keep his levels up. Nonu has been trading on his name for a couple of years now.

To me its exactly what Toulon would go for.

To me its exactly what Toulon would go for.
In fairness Toulon are very clever with their recruiting, Nonu doesn't care about his club form usually. Players like Giteau and Wilkinson did care about club form and showed in their careers before going to Toulon.

difficult to say about Midol they invent lots but sometimes get the facts right but there is plenty of noise down here about Toulons recruitment for next season, we shall have to wait and see, but nothing would surprise me with their President and Toulon!!!!!

In fairness Toulon are very clever with their recruiting, Nonu doesn't care about his club form usually. Players like Giteau and Wilkinson did care about club form and showed in their careers before going to Toulon.

But if he doesn't have the All Blacks I can't see him being totally lazy.

Pretty soon Toulon will have their own tournament apart from the Top14/HEC where one would essentially watch different RCT practice teams go at each other with a budget equal to the ITM- and Curry Cups combined.

of course we will see the likes of Nonu & Co after the WC at Toulon. The 4 Magnificent.

Don't bet agst Mourad, they're coming...

We have seen how Toulon revitalised Giteau. I would love to see a Giteau Nonu combo.

We have seen how Toulon revitalised Giteau. I would love to see a Giteau Nonu combo.

and Juan Smith and Rossouw and Bastareaud, and arguably many many others. It depends on the type of individual Nonu is. 10. Giteau 12.Nonu with 13.Bastareaud would be some heck of a combination. In fact no, Giteau's too small. 10. Willem Alberts.

Just stick Giteau at 9 then you'd be fine. Toulon should sign Lomu and revitalise him. Talk about MASS

I'm surprised the Blues didn't specifically target a centre for the NWQ place. It's an area where there is little quality strength in depth. Seems to be good cover for during the 6N.

I'm surprised the Blues didn't specifically target a centre for the NWQ place. It's an area where there is little quality strength in depth. Seems to be good cover for during the 6N.

Wasn't there a rumour going round that the Blues were (possibly still are) targeting a big NWQ centre? Dunno if that place has now gone to Amorosino, or if they're still looking. Needed something on the wing too imo, especially after a few uninspiring performances with ball in hand.

Wasn't there a rumour going round that the Blues were (possibly still are) targeting a big NWQ centre? Dunno if that place has now gone to Amorosino, or if they're still looking. Needed something on the wing too imo, especially after a few uninspiring performances with ball in hand.

There was a rumour, but it hasn't come to anything yet. It may also to have something to do with the strong rumblings that Mr Roberts might return on a dual contract next season.

I think Watkins should have been there in the mix from the start of the season with Cuthbert on the other. Arguably, the centres lack the coherence, creative spark or size to bring the wings into the game. That was glaringly obvious without Allen in the centre. I think Amorosino will be a starter, but also with the idea that Cardiff's star wing will disappear in November and they really will be without any edge at all!

Cuthbert is dire for the Blues. No commitment on the pitch. Robinson gave more IMO.

He's not a brilliant team player.

But, he has scored 30 trys in 54 games for a Blues team that hasn't been at all good in the time he has been there. He played 19 games and scored 7 last season and the team was dire then.

Robinson had played the same amount of games for the Blues as Cuthbert and scored 3 trys the entire time he was there. I know try scoring isn't everything, but the blues need a prolific try score. Harry Robinson is not that at all. I wish him all the best but him moving was the best for everyone.

Yeah Cuthbert is the more prolific scorer, but he is a passenger in defence, and if he doesn't score, the ball dies with him/leads to a penalty or turnover. Just looking at his body language on the pitch indicates he doesn't care.

Latest posts