• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

For RWC cover we are nearly there getting Dave Ryan and Danny Barnes back.

Also Pat Howard has joined Northampton it seems. Very good signing

Is that Danny Barnes the one we have at Falcons ? doesn't surprise me never get's a game and is out of contract at the end of the season. :)

For RWC cover we are nearly there getting Dave Ryan and Danny Barnes back.

Also Pat Howard has joined Northampton it seems. Very good signing
Could we not just promote from the academy rather than using players who have been shown to be well below standard and couldn't make it here before for world cup cover? I read somewhere we're signing a prop from Eastern Europe or something too.

@Groundhog we haven't got the standard of prop for that time. But it's only A games he will cover and training. Falcon that's the Barnes and well I've always rated him so maybe he has knuckled down and may take his chance here. It was off field issues that hurt him last time. And the Georgian is 1 of a few being eyed up but won't come until after the RWC hence Botha deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Casey said on Irish Tv we had signed 10 players but we have seemingly only announced 9 apparently it is a big centre (Roberts) or could be a winger (Tikorituma)
Symons
Maitland
Franks
Cruse
Sisi
Waldouk
Goode
Mckibbon
Trayfoot

Michael Allen to Jockland. I've already forgotten which club tbh...

Big rumour that were signing someone from the Sarries academy apparently Nathan Earle which if he is back to full fitness would be happy days.

Really ? Shame if he was to move on. Was hoping that he would take over from strettle, but hopefully he gets some first team rugby.

Big rumour that were signing someone from the Sarries academy apparently Nathan Earle which if he is back to full fitness would be happy days.
Poaching from other teams' academies. Do Irish have any self-respect? :p

Poaching from other teams' academies. Do Irish have any self-respect? :p

No were on the rampage were also looking at Tikorituma and a second row according to Casey. Plus the next bunch of academy lads are rated higher than the ones who got nicked especially Theo Brophy Clews

I think you're probably a being a tad "optimistic" suggesting it might be Earle... this is the rumour that someone from TRP said (in private - not print) that LI were close to signing a Sarries academy kid... that it was Earle is pure speculation.

I would be extremely surprised if Sarries let a fit Earle go, if it's him you've signed then I would assume there were very serious doubts about is ability to return from injury.

I think you're probably a being a tad "optimistic" suggesting it might be Earle... this is the rumour that someone from TRP said (in private - not print) that LI were close to signing a Sarries academy kid... that it was Earle is pure speculation.

I would be extremely surprised if Sarries let a fit Earle go, if it's him you've signed then I would assume there were very serious doubts about is ability to return from injury.

Just because Earle might be going doesn't mean Sarries let him go - just as likely, imo, that his contract was expiring and Earle decided he'd rather play Premiership rugby than spend a couple of years playing for the A team.

Possibly... I'd just be very surprised given the loyalty their organisation seems to engender... I'd have thought he'd at least give them a chance to not play him.

Wasps are in the process of signing a "World Cup star". Any ideas who it is?

Latest posts