• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Sam Tomkins has been released a year early from the NZ Warriors contract.
Wonder if Saracens are still after him, as was the rumour when they signed Joel Tomkins?

Sam Tomkins has been released a year early from the NZ Warriors contract.
Wonder if Saracens are still after him, as was the rumour when they signed Joel Tomkins?

I would love him to come to Union, imagine him playing 15 for someone attack minded like Bath?

If he went to sarries, Goode could move to 10 (which is really his better position), and Fazlet to 12 you could have a back line spine of:

10: Goode, 12: The Faz, 13: Tomkins, 15: Tomkins

I would love him to come to Union, imagine him playing 15 for someone attack minded like Bath?

If he went to sarries, Goode could move to 10 (which is really his better position), and Fazlet to 12 you could have a back line spine of:

I think there will be afew premiership clubs looking into Tomkins especially with the 2nd exempt player from the salary cap.
I love to see him at bath playing at 15 and move Watson to the wing with roko on the other

That scenario would actually make a lot of sense, in as much as Goode has been playing a decent amount of 10 the last season or two, when there's been injuries. Sarries haven't signed a 10 for next season, and Charlie's contract is up at the end of this year (and I don't think he's renewed...yet?)

Think I said almost the exact same post in another thread a while back, saying Sarries should look to sign a 15, which should be easier and cheaper to find than a 10, and have Goode as their backup 10.

Would love to see him play for us, but he will be going to Wigan. The guy has said he will be joining a rugby league team so i'm guessing that is where he'll be.

We've signed Kerr.

I think Goode dropping out, Faz sticking at 10 and Barritt at 12 is the more likely (and better) scenario.

London Irish would be a good destination for Sam IMO. They are building, have money, could do with a fullback and it's probably a risk worth taking for them. Lewington, Maitland and Tomkins would be a pretty neat back three...

Last edited:
I think he would struggle in Union... too lateral.

Joining the line he would be great, running the ball back....? Less so IMO.

Would love to see him play for us, but he will be going to Wigan. The guy has said he will be joining a rugby league team so i'm guessing that is where he'll be.
Has he? I've not seen him say that - a lot of the reporting has that in the ***le, but his quotes just say he's moving back to England.
It's more than likely, but you never know.

We've signed Kerr.
Ah, forgot about him - he didn't show up on the list of transfers I looked at because he moved this year and went on loan. Any idea how he's getting on?
Apparently he's no intention of staying past the end of next season, so still leaves the door open (potentially for a new post-world cup signing?).

I think Goode dropping out, Faz sticking at 10 and Barritt at 12 is the more likely (and better) scenario.

London Irish would be a good destination for Sam IMO. They are building, have money, could do with a fullback and it's probably a risk worth taking for them. Lewington, Maitland and Tomkins would be a pretty neat back three...

yeah that'd be a classy back three.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he would struggle in Union... too lateral.

Joining the line he would be great, running the ball back....? Less so IMO.

it's a fair point but I think that can be coached out of him with some time on the wing.

Has he? I've not seen him say that - a lot of the reporting has that in the ***le, but his quotes just say he's moving back to England.
It's more than likely, but you never know.

Ah, forgot about him - he didn't show up on the list of transfers I looked at because he moved this year and went on loan. Any idea how he's getting on?
Apparently he's no intention of staying past the end of next season, so still leaves the door open (potentially for a new post-world cup signing?).
You're right I just read it again, but saying he's homesick I thought Wigan. With Kerr I don't know how he has done at all. If he doesn't want too stay than let's move Goode into 10 and have Ransom at 15, we have a good youth system so why not use it ?

Alberts at openside ? Jesus getting him off the ball would be impossible. 15s who are going too be available, Le Roux, Folau but Toulon would probably be the destination if he stays in union, could either Dagg or Ben Smith come in ? Opensides I wonder if Steffon would be tempting them ?

Saves is going to Leicester.

He has said he wants to play on our special rugby pitch complete with an allotment stripe down one side.

The Leicester groundsman is banking on the heat emanating from his heat as he runs up and down that wing drying it out

After hearing rumours that none other than Julian Savea would be taking to the RDS pitch, seems like that may not be happening with Zane Kirchner being retained and big talk of Isa Nacewa returning....

Also, Darcy not to be retained? Could signal a Robbie Henshaw move?

http://balls.ie/rugby/324234-leinster-announce-mick-kearney-signing/

D'arcy has until end of season to decide if he wants to stay. And Leinster are heavily stocked in centres (I include Fitzgearld, McFadden and Madigan in that). Like every province they'd love Henshaw but think D'Arcy issue will have no effect.

Latest posts